Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.23 - 298votes)

Seirei Tsukai no Kenbu

Alt Names: alt Blade Dance of the Spirit Summoneralt 精霊使いの剣舞alt Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
Author: Shimizu Yuu
Artist: Hyouju Issei
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kazehaya Kamito has been summoned to the girl's school, Areishia Spirit Academy, which teaches noble young ladies how to make contracts with powerful spirits. On his way, he has the misfortune of catching sight of one of these lady spiritualists bathing. She is Clair Rouge, and she is contracted to a spirit named Scarlet, though she has her sights set on a more powerful spirit. Kamito convinces her to lead him to the school, but she stops on the way to make a contract with this powerful spirit...

adaptation of the light novel seires written by Shimizu Yuu and illustrated by Sakura Hanpen
Go to Seirei Tsukai no Kenbu Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Who do you think Kamito "should" end up with?[spoilers] New Window 3point1416
  • 17 Replies
Topic Explaination for "Missing" chapter 6 New Window Aurega
  • 4 Replies
Topic Spoiler and speculation thread (including LN discussion) New Window Harbinger
  • 5 Replies
Topic Where is chapter 6? New Window benfiend
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chapter Discussion [(possible) Spoiler] New Window ello
  • 2 Replies

736 Comments

Well, at least now I know this manga is adding unneded filler scenes all around. First Restia in the same bed with Kamito, now Kamito trying to kill someone next to a well a la 300... This author really has a knack for adding useless and false information.

This makes me almost want to stop reading the manga. Not because there are differences, that's to be somewhat expected, but because these differences create contradictions with the characterization. Guess i'll just come back for the battles to see Kamito kick some ass then, because i refuse to sit through all the "no wait, this is a misunderstanding!" that i'm sure will be even more prevalent here.

At least it wasn't another Mahouka.

Loved Mahouka.  MC kicked so much ass.  That's what it takes to deserve the role of MC, competence.  No one liked his fawning little sister but her role was so marginal I barely even noticed her.  Was all about the godly Tatsuya.

lol, haha why was he badass when hes a kid but now hes a turd

So MC must be like SasukeEmokid to considered badass?

The anime for this was so shitty.  MC was totally useless.  I've heard he's a lot more badass in the light novel though and that the anime adaptation decided to make him gimp for the hell of it.

At least it wasn't another Mahouka.

The anime for this was so shitty.  MC was totally useless.  I've heard he's a lot more badass in the light novel though and that the anime adaptation decided to make him gimp for the hell of it.

Well, at least now I know this manga is adding unneded filler scenes all around. First Restia in the same bed with Kamito, now Kamito trying to kill someone next to a well a la 300... This author really has a knack for adding useless and false information.

well I wouldn't exactly say useless/false. probably just the mangaka interpreting things differently or trying to make his manga slightly different from the LN.

though I do like the cute faces, reminds me of Tsuki Tsuki! (like when Fianna said 'Kishi-sama')

lol, haha why was he badass when hes a kid but now hes a turd

Building code inspector: "High, cylindrical walls - Check. No windows, sturdy bars - Check. Few amenities for child lab experiments - Check. Oy now wait a minute, where's your bottomless pit of death? Ah, here it is. Can you confirm the depth for me?.......... Check."

Medieval ventilation.

When you get more than a couple dozen feet underground, the lack of breeze means the air circulation is so bad you can literally suffocate on your carbon dioxide. Pre-hydropowered air pump solution : Build a huge "bottomless pit of death" to bring air.

Building code inspector: "High, cylindrical walls - Check. No windows, sturdy bars - Check. Few amenities for child lab experiments - Check. Oy now wait a minute, where's your bottomless pit of death? Ah, here it is. Can you confirm the depth for me?.......... Check."

where can I read the novel? Thanks

Baka Tsuki is a good site for Light Novels

Just finished vol. 11 of LN

Spoiler

This said I wasted 4 days of reading to know this -.- not gonna read further.

where can I read the novel? Thanks

Stop being so negative and keep reading.  it gets interesting.  

Spoiler

Not to mention

Spoiler

On the recent manga translations: I haven't read the early volumes in a while, but I'm pretty sure Jio's flashback wasn't in the light novels. A sneak peek at future volumes?

None that I can find, from the translations of the 13 volumes so-far. Hell, the whole scene with young Kamito smacking someone around and willing to kill them just because they annoyed him is also completely out of character even while he was under the influence of the Instructional School.

From the prologue of volume 4, chronologically set just after the destruction of the Instructional School: "While the boy held overwhelming combat skills, he had not yet killed even a single person. He was a being that drew the line."

If so, then i wasn't here and that wasn't my comment <.< *goes read * Beside after vol 11 I didnt bother read further... so silly...

We call that rage quitting lmao!!

Spoiler

Stop being so negative and keep reading.  it gets interesting.  

Spoiler

Sparta?

Anddd the anime ended. All in all, the anime is average (the animation in the fight scenes looks bad, but lets face it. no one is reads this for the fight scenes) but I wouldn't be surprised if it fails to get a second season.

On the recent manga translations: I haven't read the early volumes in a while, but I'm pretty sure Jio's flashback wasn't in the light novels. A sneak peek at future volumes?

Except

Spoiler

If so, then i wasn't here and that wasn't my comment <.< *goes read * Beside after vol 11 I didnt bother read further... so silly...

Spoiler

Except

Spoiler

Spoiler

Watched all the latest episodes of this anime so far and I came to the conclusion that the manga does it better.

Spoiler

anime ep 03 ...

naked loli with kneesocks ... =3= ... nice ...

Well, we didn't get to see it in the LN yet, but I wonder how students of the school Kamito is attending would react if they knew that the Ren Ashbell they were worshipping was a trap... 

12 episodes?  not watching it...  Looks like I have to wait a little longer for that next great extended episode anime.  Dont think ill ever see it with animes based on LNs

I don't know, so far the Log Horizon and Irregular at Magic High School both have covered pretty much everything in the light novels, although I haven't read all the way up to where Log Horizon's anime finished off so far. While you are right that light novels that are condensed into a 12 episode series are usually missing parts (It's why I can't stand the Date A Live anime) some are given enough episodes to actually cover everything.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics