Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Spoiler and speculation thread (including LN discussion)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

In case you want to read the light novel, go and read on Baka- Tsuki

Seirei Tsukai no Kenbu light novel

I started dat thread because a LOT of discussion about the LN was going on here so I opened a thread specifically for LN stuff, spoilers and any predictions/speculations so that they aren't in the way elsewhere ;)

RAW scans:

RawSenmanga

(That's where I always look for the latest RAWs)

Note:

If you post longer quotes from the LN or larger pictures, please use spoiler tags to improve readability

how to insert spoiler tags:

[*spoiler]text[/spoiler*]

or

[*spoiler]

text or image

[/spoiler*]   

(write it without the " * " )

Here some nice facts about Est:

(Sources: LN and Wikipedia)

The cute girl that likes to be kneesock- naked is Kamito's contracted sword spirit.

Her full name is "Terminus Est"

This is latin and means "this ist the end" or "it's the end"

The name of the sword comes from the book "The shadow of the torturer" by Gene Wolfe (publised 1980)

The sword belongs to Severian, a torturer and the narrator of the book and is a sword made for execution, being "light to raise, weighty to descend"

Furthermore, in the sword's spine there is a channel filled with poison.

It is double edged, but has a square end, so it cannot be used to stab some1 to death

At some point during the story, Terminus Est gets destroyed (Severian holds on to the pieces though)

If you want more details, look it up on Wikipedia: Termunus Est and Shadow of the Torturer

Now:

Spoiler

"Sacred sword of Severian" AND it being called Terminus Est?

Well, and there we got another interesting connection ;)

So:

We know that the "original" Terminus Est was actually poisoned O_o

MAJOR SPOILER:

Spoiler

What will happen in the future?

Well, Est will provide a good share of funny situations similar to this one:

Spoiler

She is just soooooooooooooooooo cute ;)

Don't hope for seeing Kamito wielding both Est and Restia at the same time, he does it in the LN volume 10... and we are only halfway through Volume 1

But when he does, he's gonna look really badass ;)

800px-STnBD_V10_258-259.jpg

The white one in his right hand is Est, the black one in his left hand is Restia (he usually hides the spirit seal on his left hand with a glove)

Edited by Harbinger, 13 June 2013 - 05:38 PM.

Looking for translated light novels?

Baka - Tsuki

There are MANY translated light novels, including Highschool DxD, Toaru Majutsu no index, Infinite Stratos, Seirei tsukai no kenbu AND Date a live (the Manga adaption of which got cancelled after chapter 6)

Orz

Orz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
Darn that picture... Couldn't help but look and spoiled myself (even though I knew it was gonna happen eventually)... Still, he looks bad arse and now I got something to look forward to lol.

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

Darn that picture... Couldn't help but look and spoiled myself (even though I knew it was gonna happen eventually)... Still, he looks bad arse and now I got something to look forward to lol.

Don't worry, that's at the end of volume 10 and the anime is barely halfway through Volume 1, so don't worry, we won't reach that point anytime soon

And besides, all you see is Kamito holding Est AND Restia

And honestly, that's one moment everyone saw coming ever since we heard that the also contracted Restia before

And about spoilers:

I wrote "Majors  spoiler" above the spoiler tag where I wrote some details about what's gonna happen with Est

Outside of that, all you see is an analysis of the terms used there (especially Est's name "Terminus Est") and a picture of Kamito wielding both Est and Restia, I didn't say a word about the circumstances in which that happened, so feel free to get surprised by the story progression ;)

Looking for translated light novels?

Baka - Tsuki

There are MANY translated light novels, including Highschool DxD, Toaru Majutsu no index, Infinite Stratos, Seirei tsukai no kenbu AND Date a live (the Manga adaption of which got cancelled after chapter 6)

Rieze

Rieze

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Im looking forward to seeing how he plans to deal with Est and Rista.  They both are bit jelous of the other.  It should be a funny scene but im not expecting anything till after the blade dance is over. 

Spoiler

Edited by Rieze, 24 July 2013 - 09:23 PM.

yxpoh

yxpoh

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Talking about that,

Spoiler

If i were him, i would have already lost control.. :P

Rieze

Rieze

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
I just read some of the chapters from vol 13. Lol at the fake demon king. How are going to get revenge on someone you cant remember anything about?

Ok, after finishing vol. 13, all I can say is, huh?
Spoiler
Im looking forward to vol 14.

Edited by Rieze, 16 May 2014 - 05:58 PM.