Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Jin Mo Ri's 'slow development'

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

meetmycomputer

meetmycomputer

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts
In chapter 84's flashback, Jin Mo Ri's grandpa twice pointed out that Jin Mo Ri was growing slowly. As a four year old, he'd looked or at least acted three years younger. When season 2 began, Yu Mi Ra hadn't seen Jin Mo Ri in a month; in that short time, he seemed to grow noticeably taller, by maybe half a foot or more. At the beginning of the series, he looked and acted quite a bit younger too.

Main question is: Will the author use Jin Mo Ri's previous slower-than-usual development as an explanation for his rapid improvement in the future, as his development seems to be kicking in now with a vengeance? It makes sense, but there are issues with this (some bashing of the author will follow):

-It's quite a basic plot idea, maybe too pitiful to follow up on.
-Authors engage in character development all the time, especially near the beginning of the series, before they've fleshed out what they want characters to be like, so maybe we can't put Jin Mo Ri's previous appearance and personality on a measuring stick. For example, Judge Bak really changed from his introduction, and he changed afterwords as well.
-The author is very inconsistent, at least while drawing, so even if we take stated words as complete truth, we can't rely on artwork. As an example, Judge Bak cuts the Bishop's left arm off in chapter 76; when the scene resumes in the next chapter, the first couple images have his right arm cut off instead; then the missing appendage reverts to the left arm.
-There's really no reason to have a reason for Jin Mo Ri to greatly power up. Numerous other characters have been shown to greatly improve in a small time frame; Han Dae Wi even went up a few physical levels in an instant. The author hasn't previously thought up reasons for irrational improvement, so why start now?

Thoughts? Is this not worth thoughts? Say what you think.

DukeGod

DukeGod

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 53 posts
I guess it might also be so he'll have a steady but slower growth and allow the other main characters in his team to catch up to him eventually.

ernabc

ernabc

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRomania
There's no way to catch up with him . With the add of fingers technics he can easily beat guys aparently much stronger than him . Whith some strategy will be undefeated in the near future. It's obvious those shown stats are only for the surface. I don't think he was really powered up to the max in any fight.

Kokai

Kokai

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, nowhere, somewhere and anywhere.
maybe his slow development is caused by the fact that jin isn't human but one of the gods they borrow power from to fight? so his slow development could be caused by his difficulties to adapt to the human world...or kinda a half-god like (famous examples follow) herakles, achilles or perseus?
hmmm it sounds pretty ridiculous but I guess it's a possibility?

here's a dancing panda so I won't gather hate: :batoto_023:

Sociopath Espher

Sociopath Espher

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationAbove the clouds

maybe his slow development is caused by the fact that jin isn't human but one of the gods they borrow power from to fight? so his slow development could be caused by his difficulties to adapt to the human world...or kinda a half-god like (famous examples follow) herakles, achilles or perseus?
hmmm it sounds pretty ridiculous but I guess it's a possibility?

here's a dancing panda so I won't gather hate: :batoto_023:

turns out you were right ... he is a god

The power of thy Incesity is beyond my Retribution.

The power of thy Incesity shall be our alternative salvation! XD

Rin "Kratos" Kokonoe

(From Mangafox's Forum)

Me gusta

Aeternatis

Aeternatis

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

turns out you were right ... he is a god

Just because, SPOILER:

Not just any god, he is the Monkey King... 

Edited by Aeternatis, 04 June 2013 - 06:57 AM.