Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Aoi Kazuya (Finally use his powers?)

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

the last chapter had Kazuya doing his normal, I swear, the author couldn't make him appear more useless if he tried............. >_<

oh well, maybe badass next chapter

Spoiler

Edited by svines85, 22 March 2013 - 05:32 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Roflsaucer

Roflsaucer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

While I agree Kazuya is mostly useless, but I think Im Dal is mainly using him like a piece of candy to tease us with. He gives a little taste of Kazuya's powers, but never fully telling us what exactly they are. He can use Freezing without a Pandora, and his body is 1/3 stigmata ( and rising, if I remember correctly, not 100% on this), and there's something about the whole "sister" thing that the newest Valkyrie mentioned. And then there's the fact he can look into people's hearts, so to speak.

It seems like he's just trying to build a really elaborate platform to display Kazuya on. So I don't think he's really 'useless' really, just that Im Dal is trying to mystify and glorify his powers as much as possible before displaying them. I would say, given how Lucie acted, by the end of the current Arc something very interesting is going to happen with Kazuya.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

True, I probably shouldn't have called him "useless", I'd probably just read the latest chapter (at that time) and at least there he had been, well, totally useless............sorry, it's really tough not to feel that way when his character is basically just standing around flapping his arms and gums while an all-out battle to the death is going on all around him. 

And I agree with your thoughts about the author's intent...........yes, I think the idea of him being somewhat of a "lure" or a "tease" might have  well been the case originally, but holy cow, he hasn't done doodley squat in probably 90 chapters. I'm sorry, but at this point it's a lot more like the author just abandoned his development in favor of going only with the "strong female" characters and lots and lots of gratuitous fan-service. Not that I dislike the story because of it, but it really does make Kazuya a nobody character wise............he really has hardly any role at all anymore. 

Tn7HA0h.png

Jirachier

Jirachier

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts

Kazuya definitely wins the trophy for most useless protagonist ever.

In the first few chapters he was truly a main character but it's been such a long time since that happened, he doesn't even appear as much as some of the supporting characters now and when he does it's mostly him shouting out to his senpais while they're doing all the fighting, tbh I don't even know why the author created Limiters in general they literally have 0 usefulness in this series, most of the time their freezing just activates and then bam gets overpowered or they somehow forget to even use it.

The guy has 30% of his body made up of stigmatas and his legendary sister only had 12% and that gave her 20+ stigmatas so he must have at least 50+, seriously, with 50 stigmatas the guy's freezing got overwhelmed by another Limiter who only has ONE stigmata ?

And he gets no power up what' so ever since the beginning of the series.

In the valkyrie arc we see them talk about his importance for their project and all, so my guess is this: He's either going to be turned into just an alternative to the generators that allow them to use their full power instead of actually training the guy to become the strongest limiter in existence capable of completely dominating any Nova or he's just gonna go berserk and become an antagonist for the Pandoras to defeat.

hadagee

hadagee

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

what i think is since his partner is sattelizer l bridget, i think his powers will only awaken when she is seriously in deep shit,

i do hope to see more of his power though like maybe he materializes a volt weapon or something

ENDER

ENDER

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

what i think is since his partner is sattelizer l bridget, i think his powers will only awaken when she is seriously in deep shit,

i do hope to see more of his power though like maybe he materializes a volt weapon or something

Friend she was in deep shit 2-3 times? I think that if he is like that then in thin manga hes not needed and when i started to read it i was certain that he will be a character to develop and become cool, well i was wrong and for me it has become a manga that i not even read but look at and its getting worse.

Hehe

Hehe

Potato Sprout

• Donator
  • 5 posts
I agree. I tried continuing to read but in chapter 101 I told my self why bother anymore, and stopped. Unless they guy grows some balls and starts to talk with his fist instead of using words(which are ignored by everyone), then, only then, shall I continue.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I agree. I tried continuing to read but in chapter 101 I told my self why bother anymore, and stopped. Unless they guy grows some balls and starts to talk with his fist instead of using words(which are ignored by everyone), then, only then, shall I continue.

You know, I do understand............I still read it but I've pretty much given up on him and the theme the story started with and just went with the flow. As I've said, he really isn't a part of the story anymore for the most part, it's about the Pandoras, for better or worse. It's not great but it's not that bad either on the whole..........plus I always get a chuckle at the forced,  ridiculous fan service :D

Tn7HA0h.png

SilverDirtystar

SilverDirtystar

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

Fan service can only go so far in this manga.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Fan service can only go so far in this manga.

it's true, to a degree I probably read this still more out of inertia than anything.........been reading it so long and I've never really gotten to the point where I didn't like it, I just don't like it as much as I did and thought I would continue to in the earlier parts of the story.  >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

ENDER

ENDER

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Well you are right Couch Potato but now... i dont even know what the story is? No leading character just some "i have to make next chapter somehow" (sorry for my english) things in it. In my opinion they need to do things to save it becouse the project was fun and reading first chapters was nice.

Edited by ENDER, 21 September 2013 - 01:03 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Well you are right Couch Potato but now... i dont even know what the story is? No leading character just some "i have to make next chapter somehow" (sorry for my english) things in it. In my opinion they need to do things to save it becouse the project was fun and reading first chapters was nice.

Yeah, I don't disagree with you, looking at it critically one could say the story has become quite the muddled mess........in other words "what the heck is going on here!?" 

But yeah, I'm of the belief we're building up to some sort of watershed event right now, be it a climax or just some sort of event to bring the many, many story elements back to some sort of central theme........but we'll see. 

Tn7HA0h.png

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationFrom Ravnica to Theros, from Innistrad to Kamigawa, I'm in no single place for too long
I will repeat myself: an mc CAN'T be useless unless it ties to the plot and theme. Our mc here however...he was good for a few chapters then became the equivalent of a background character. He's mentioned in the synopsis, but has no purpose to the theme OR plot. Honestly, he's only there to 1) add romance or comedy for no reason 2) bitch and whine 3) be a pussy 4) occasionally be the coincidental link to the plot, though is forgotten within 2-3 chapters later

Look, I really liked Kazuya in the first few chapters and even attempted to like him in the latter chapters when he became less of a character and more of a side act. Sadly, the brief moments of badassery are short lived and only make our mc less likable and interesting. He's just a plot device, which does not work for this manga
So Ulamog and Kozilek are dead, FOR GOOD. but Ugin made a good point: there's no telling how many eldrazi there are in the Blind Eternities and whether they will seek revenge.

It REALLY sucks when a pacifist makes you guilty for killing monsters.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Yeah, whatever happens with him after ch 131, it's still probably too little and too late to start taking him seriously again

Tn7HA0h.png

Rune.

Rune.

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts

Yeah, whatever happens with him after ch 131, it's still probably too little and too late to start taking him seriously again

Agreed. Kazuya sucks balls forever!

The only reason he's still alive(?) is because of plot armor. That's it. He absolutely has no redeeming qualities.

He can go Super Saiyan and it still won't change anything.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Agreed. Kazuya sucks balls forever!

The only reason he's still alive(?) is because of plot armor. That's it. He absolutely has no redeeming qualities.

He can go Super Saiyan and it still won't change anything.

That's kind of the way I'm looking at it, he's been so marginalized that I'm going to have some real "suspension of disbelief" issues for him to emerge as some sort of hero at this late juncture.

Tn7HA0h.png

SilverDirtystar

SilverDirtystar

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

This guy just makes me hate him a lot more because of his little “spotlight” moment that gets negated two a few chapters later.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

This guy just makes me hate him a lot more because of his little “spotlight” moment that gets negated two a few chapters later.

well that doesn't surprise me, for that matter even in ch 131 when he had his little moment, right up to that point he was just standing around blankly while Rana was fighting.........he didn't do a thing until he got told to. Yeah, like that makes sense in a life or death combat situation in the first place.  >_<

Again, that sort of thing is on the author, apparently Kazuya was never really meant to take center stage.........and yeah, probably still isn't.

Tn7HA0h.png

paulslayer1000

paulslayer1000

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 84 posts

I agree, Kazuya is useless as of now. Well i won't say useless, He's more like a untapped potential character to me. And trust me he has a shit ton of untapped potential His body is made out of over 30% stigmata and is rising every time the story goes on. Just by that definition you know he's going to pull some crazy ass shit. Only if Dall would stop with his fetishes and do some fucking character development for the first time in his life we might see Kazuya actually live up to his role. saying that, he tends to "rise" to the occasion, like how he is basically the only thing keeping Stella from going bat shit crazy. So you can't just say he's utterly useless. the only reason why you guys would say he is unnecessary is because he barley had any screen time during the latest chapters. Lets not forget the antagonists are getting retardely stronger now. (knocking out the schools strongest Pandora with an elbow hit, like really :/) (over 100% compatibility rate with their stigmata, are you kidding me? :/). 

On the side note I have this feeling when Stella finally gives him his baptisim his true power will finally awaken. Or when he's put into a situation where Stella is 10000000% going to die unless he mans the fuck up and does some heroic shit. So lets just wait, hope ,and pray Dim decides to cut off on the fan service and focus on the story and character development

On another sidenote I want to see him do some shit like compress his freezing into a sphere and launch it and it does nuclear comparable damage. If he does anything close to that, whelp the wait was good.

Rune.

Rune.

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts

I have this feeling that the author completely forgot that the title of his work is Freezing. When was the last time we saw anyone use Freezing effectively, anyway? Why does that ability still exist if everyone just breaks through it?