Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Liar Game Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Veggielover

Veggielover

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Well there is not a latest chapter discussion topic and as I really want to ask a question about the latest chapter here it is.

Ok, so newest chapter 163 In the Lead.
Why on earth would Kei offer to sell her Jack of Spades? I mean I guess she is lying but it seems a really stupid lie as it can only hurt her. If she is telling the truth and she offers up the card to be sold and the man does not buy the card but lets the other girl get it Kei will be left with a pair but only 4 cards and will pig as it is the last round she will be unable to buy another card. If she is lying which man I hope she is then at least she just is a random jerk that exposed herself as a liar for no good reason what so ever. Any theories on why she did this? I mean I can only think that this was the only way for the group to lose as if she pigs, is dropped from the game the other members of the cult will have to go on without her but man it is not a very satisfying ending.

Sojiro888

Sojiro888

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Chapter 174 : I just love Kimura's face on the last page. I was waiting for this!

DualPrinciple

DualPrinciple

Potato

• Members
  • 128 posts
Yeah, bro, I totally get what you mean. But that look seems really retarded :X

I could try to rationalize about what could have Akiyama done, but my quesses so far haven't been exactly acurate (although I read most of the chapters up until 158 in two days).

Oh, by the way, great job, Veggielover. I always thought there should be a latest chapter discussion thread on this series and kept forgetting to make one. Actually having one made by someone else feels more rewarding somehow.

Never forget where you came from; never stop moving onwards. The future is ours for the taking.
What is the difference between a MAN and a SLAVE? The man chooses, the slave obeys.
A wise one knows truth lies in the middle - as all the Opposites are unified unto One.
There is a system in chaos, just as light shines at it's brightest in the dark.

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg
whatcolor_isblack.jpg

whatcolor_isred.jpg

Secros Matias Supreme

Secros Matias Supreme

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationDisney World, All year-round
I believe

Spoiler

Though that should be obvious.

Edited by Secros Matias Supreme, 13 December 2012 - 12:00 PM.

Posted ImageFly me to the moon Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like On a, Jupiter and Mars In other words, hold my hand In other words, baby, kiss me
Fill my heart with song And let me sing for ever more You are all I long for All I worship and adore In other words, please be true
In other words, I love you

GodOfAll

GodOfAll

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
akiyama discarded his hand. Simple.
I am god.

Alsab

Alsab

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
^That's what I thought too.
What I think might happen

Spoiler

DukeGod

DukeGod

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 53 posts
Ooh, Akiyama just took a lot of money away from those guys. And possibly won to boot!

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

Ooh, Akiyama just took a lot of money away from those guys. And possibly won to boot!

Yup... but, I saw this coming a mile away. <shrugs> I just knew double-agent shenanigans were part of the game to link everybody else right under the cult's noses to cut them out of their winnings. :)

It's a devastating psychological blow: and, designed to be that way. ;)

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

DukeGod

DukeGod

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 53 posts
We all suspected Kawai would be a double-agent. But really, the way he pulled this thing off was amazing. Taking the coins the enemy had given him. And it only worked Ponytail was spying on Kanzaki instead of him, I think that was set-up too?

But something is a bit confusing. How is his Straight Flush beating Tanimoto's?

rongngungay

rongngungay

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
He has straight of 6 cards, the other only has 5

kShinobii

kShinobii

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
The amount of cards in a straight is irrelevant as only 5 cards count for the straight. Akiyama's straight is better because it goes from 3 to 7 while Harimoto's goes A (1) to 5 which is the lowest straight possible.

Arknova

Arknova

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I always love the facial expressions the author creates!

Kimura's face at the end is, yet again, priceless.

::Also, I never really noticed it until really looking back again but
Spoiler

This cannot be unseen.

Edited by Arknova, 28 January 2013 - 02:47 AM.

Tessel

Tessel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

that tranny lost again rofl

codetaku

codetaku

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

Wow, what a transphobic bitch you are. Fukunaga was an antagonist for a single game, and has been helping Nao ever since. Don't be such an asshole about them.

Tessel

Tessel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Wow, what a transphobic bitch you are. Fukunaga was an antagonist for a single game, and has been helping Nao ever since. Don't be such an asshole about them.

say what? transphobic? bitch i love Fukunaga she cracks me up.

i just rofl everytime she loses after being too proud and 'imma win this for sure attitude'

PkmSilver

PkmSilver

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCalgary,AB Canada

say what? transphobic? bitch i love Fukunaga she cracks me up.

i just rofl everytime she loses after being too proud and 'imma win this for sure attitude'

Yes, of course she would lose, She is facing the main antagonist and with only 2 others on her side her max limit for a hand would be 15 but with the limited amount of money that her group has the other group could buy all the cards and leave them empty handed but they managed to have 8 cards in total.