Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

How is this romance?

romance

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • LocationThe States, Colorado
I don’t see how having a lot of bare chest guys qualifies this as romance.

Edited by sorrow, 27 November 2012 - 12:28 AM.

You must die, I alone am best!

Posted Image

Signature: a swordsman in ‘Magician’

Spoiler

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
lol, I suggest you re-read the Q&A chapter at the end of Part I, then. xD
http://vatoto.com/read/_/130025/kubera_v1_ch100.5_by_the-company

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
Wasn't it somehing like, "Very bad romance writer" ?XD

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
hmmm, I really do like all the bare chested guys though.........though after Agni I'm not sure any of the others really matter. But yeah, as far as the Romance genre goes I'd have to agree there's really not any hot or overly active romantic plot elements going on, if that was what I was reading it for it'd be a deal breaker. Not to say the genre doesn't belong on this manhwa, just that it's not its most overt element.

Tn7HA0h.png

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • Location.-.
It has been said many times in this forum that Kubera is a webtoon that doesn't focus in either battles nor romance , but rather the advancement of the plot , so I think most of the readers will agree with you in regards to that.

But the author has also stated during the interseason break that the romance is just building up and I hope that we'll see some of it soon enough (lets hope for TxG :)

P.D. I feel proud of how I combined the parentheris and the smiley xD

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **
From the Q&A at the end of the First Season of Kubera:

Spoiler

Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany
But there was lots of romance already ... all those fangirls that droll over Asha, do their feelings mean nothing? ;P

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

But there was lots of romance already ... all those fangirls that droll over Asha, do their feelings mean nothing? ;P

True, true......maybe we should start a shipping thread for the All Asha Yuri Harem Plan......:D

Tn7HA0h.png

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
That plan took affect years ago :o (That's what they want us to believe, I TELL YOU THAT!!)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki

krackenker

krackenker

Potato

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSweden, Stockholm
I belive it will be romance later on.... there has to be some YxL romance.. otherwise I feel rly sad for poor Yuta

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I belive it will be romance later on.... there has to be some YxL romance.. otherwise I feel rly sad for poor Yuta

Yeah, true, I'd have to agree with you, I hope Yuta takes a shot at it.

Plus, just as far as this thread goes in "how is this romance"......personally I've always believed in being overly inclusive when it came to genre tags, so to me both Yuta's crush on Leez and the unstated affection between Agni and Brillith make the romance tag applicable. It may not be a "hot and heavy" type of romance plot line, but it's still romance i think.

Edited by svines85, 25 November 2012 - 06:01 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany

True, true......maybe we should start a shipping thread for the All Asha Yuri Harem Plan...... :D

Please open it. You propably already got some nice ideas for it.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Akasha, 25 November 2012 - 06:18 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Please open it. You propably already got some nice ideas for it.

Thanks in advance.

Hahaha! Of course I do, that's the fun part of being delusional! :D

(everybody'll get mad at me, there won't be anyone left for the rest of the characters to take a shot at :D In my imagination even Sagara is going to fall for Asha's masculine female charms!)

Tn7HA0h.png

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **

Asha (badly annoyed): Hoti Marut! Bhavati Indra! Hoti Chandra Hoti Vayu!!
Fangirls (already subdivided into atomic particles): Ahhh! Asha! Look this way! Don't run away!

..seems rather painful for romance <_< :lol: So far she seemed to warm up only towards Brilith and Leez.. Plus, if it would be real love they would not pester her like that.. If I remember correctly Ran believes his love for Rana is unrequited too, but he is even willing to give up on her, if she would be happier with someone else :wub: Maybe he finally gets it now, after realizing that Asha is female? Or will he now believe that Rana is lesbian? I can understand suddenly turning lesbian when looking at Asha, but I still had the feeling Rana deeply cares about Ran :wub:

What I would really like to see would be some real love story between Asha and someone :wub: Maybe this would bring her revenge self-destruction path to halt?

Spoiler

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany
AshaxYuta, then?

Also ... there is another important case of romance ... Vasuki ...

Oh ... and Sagaraxpower/queenship, of course.

Edited by Akasha, 26 November 2012 - 03:05 AM.

moyra

moyra

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationOkinawa

I don’t see how having a lot of bare chest guys qualifies this as romance.

having a lot of bare chest guys is a good start for any romance manhwa :P

Moyra Wendy Angela Darling

Spoiler

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Asha (badly annoyed): Hoti Marut! Bhavati Indra! Hoti Chandra Hoti Vayu!!

Now we know how she managed to accumulate so many accounts of Involuntary Manslaughter Through Magical Accident. D: Their families probably even hushed up the matter because of how embarrassing it was.

having a lot of bare chest guys is a good start for any romance manhwa

*reads post*
*looks at poster's sig*
:(

Heh, that reminds me of a Kuca fancomic I saw once.
Leez has 3 guys around her! God Agni, God Kubera, and Yuta!
Agni sees Brilith! Agni runs off!
Yuta sees Maruna! Yuta runs off!
God Kubera takes kid form!
Leez is only left with 1/2 man now! ;_;

Edited by Mizura, 28 November 2012 - 02:30 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany
Vasuki isn´t happy, too. The current events wouldn´t be possible without Vasukis unwavering love for Sagara because she would´ve been killed (or otherwise forced to step down as king) by now.

I wonder if Rana and Ran might get to be happy together, tough.

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts

AshaxYuta, then?

I fear Yuta is already lost :lol: Having been raised by 3 insanely strong busty ladies (Kali, Taraka and Shuri, and none of them is below Cup D size :blink:), it was just a question of time for him to fall for some insanely strong busty lady :lol: He may deeply respect Asha, but there are a few things a guy cannot steer so easily :lol: At least not when he got basically programmed to fall for that type already as a kid <_<

Spoiler

moyra

moyra

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationOkinawa

Now we know how she managed to accumulate so many accounts of Involuntary Manslaughter Through Magical Accident. D: Their families probably even hushed up the matter because of how embarrassing it was.

[/font][/color]
*reads post*
*looks at poster's sig*
:(

Heh, that reminds me of a Kuca fancomic I saw once.
Leez has 3 guys around her! God Agni, God Kubera, and Yuta!
Agni sees Brilith! Agni runs off!
Yuta sees Maruna! Yuta runs off!
God Kubera takes kid form!
Leez is only left with 1/2 man now! ;_;

haha thought about using pic of him big in the tube :blush: but had to go with chibi Kabera in the end :wub:

Moyra Wendy Angela Darling

Spoiler