Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Ban the person above you!

• Please log in to reply
17897 replies to this topic

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
Banned for naming themselves after a famous physicist and an animal associated with another famous physicist, but still being more interested in chemistry.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Banned for being too precious for this world.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Banned because of a kanchigai.

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
Banned for using a word that I had to look up.

Pokari: I...I'm flattered o: But you're giving my internet persona way too much credit.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Banned because I evaluated 100+ integrals today.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Banned for staying up too late playing forum games. I'm kidding, you can stay up as long as you want--just don't overdo it, 'kay?

Pokari: I...I'm flattered o: But you're giving my internet persona way too much credit.

If I am, I think that's okay, so long as you're having fun. (Though if you're gonna tell me you're secretly not a nice person, I'm not gonna believe you at this point o.o Too many little pieces of evidence, )

Honestly, actually, I wouldn't expect anyone to act IRL quite the same way as they do online (especially in textual communication). Even in reality, people adopt different personas in different settings (I think this is part of why introducing your parents and your friends can be so embarrassing sometimes). Aside from full-blown stage personas, I usually figure it's mostly just different filters applied on the same person (for want of a better term), and that I probably won't ever get to know all the sides of most people, except those I'm closest with. (And the internet has always been a nice place to try out slightly different outward-facing personalities, since one needn't be restrained by appearance and whatnot (and the expectations that come with it) in how one presents themselves.)

Sorry for rambling.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Banned for repeatedly making me think you were offline, when you were just busy longposting.
(Could it be...this is happening as I’m posting this?)

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Banned for humming songs you can't actually sing.

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
Banned for not posting in this thread for more than 24 hrs.

If I am, I think that's okay, so long as you're having fun. (Though if you're gonna tell me you're secretly not a nice person, I'm not gonna believe you at this point o.o Too many little pieces of evidence, )

Honestly, actually, I wouldn't expect anyone to act IRL quite the same way as they do online (especially in textual communication). Even in reality, people adopt different personas in different settings (I think this is part of why introducing your parents and your friends can be so embarrassing sometimes). Aside from full-blown stage personas, I usually figure it's mostly just different filters applied on the same person (for want of a better term), and that I probably won't ever get to know all the sides of most people, except those I'm closest with. (And the internet has always been a nice place to try out slightly different outward-facing personalities, since one needn't be restrained by appearance and whatnot (and the expectations that come with it) in how one presents themselves.)

Sorry for rambling.

Thanks! Also, I'm not quite sure how "nice" or "good" is defined, but I feel like most people I've met have been very good to me. Way too good, in fact ;_; Including you, obviously.

I agree with your statement about our online personalities being filters, where wherein we try to portray some of our aspects. I'm not quite sure what else to say except err thanks.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Banned because I can’t longpost right now.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Banned for wearing a hat indoors.

When it comes down to it I think my personality within forum games is a little bit more... gushing? Earnest? Soppy...? Than usual. It feels nice to be honest about mushier feelings, but I do occasionally worry I'm being a bother.

(It's just something that came of having already been that way because I was weeping over Batoto's shutdown when I came over here, I think).

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.

Banned for being too nice to me.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Banned for thinking nice people have ulterior motives.

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
Banned for being online at the time I'm posting this.

Edited by sjoe, 27 March 2018 - 02:56 PM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Banned for getting telepathically woken up.

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
Banned for being nice to me elsewhere, but still banning me in this thread.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Banned for being able to use imgur.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Banned for getting burnt out

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Banned for not reading ojisama to neko sooner.

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
Banned for being nice.