Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Site Features TODO List

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
Next on the list...
  • Fix watchlist to work with follow instead of watch (Part of how IPB gave me more work - while on the topic, reading tracker)
  • Comprehensive Search -- with genres! (But again, IPB's structure is rather getting in the way. T_T So, might be bumped down, though important)
  • Age Rating System
  • Language sort (Hide/show only certain languages) (this was somehow done first partially despite being #5)

In no particular order...
  • Wiki Style edit of chapters (like comics). [Half done - not live (Mar 06)]
  • Sort by Genres!
  • More comprehensive moderation system. (always in small progresses)
  • Bug in watch list - to be specific, it think it's updated when comic is updated or when unapproved/delayed is updated.
  • Featured comics~
  • Optional compressed viewing (for those with slower connection)
  • Download comics (questioning usefulness)
  • Convention and system for original comics. (Delayed)
  • Making this ugly link: h--p://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/ less ugly.
  • Even better caching system.
  • More comprehensive grading of "appropriateness" for comics. Similar to ESRB, PEGI, etc.
Just fixed/added...
Note: Stuff in announcements & maintenances not included.
  • Fixes to oversized image checker. (Oct 16)
  • Hmm... been neglecting this list. :P (in between dates. lol)
  • List comics that the group did in the group page. (Aug 27)
  • Add new skin to Invision (Aug 27)
  • Upgrade Invision to 3.2.x (Aug27)
  • RSS Feed for recent updates (top 100) and personal watchlist (top 30) is now live. (Aug 17)
  • Watchlist now has a page of it's own. Posted Image (Aug 7)
  • Modifications to the chapters page for speed & ease of use (especially for mods) (Aug 6)
  • Some more caching techniques to make the server go faster. (Aug 6)
  • Bug fix on google custom search. (Aug 6)
  • Google custom search added on the front page. (July 23)
  • Added a server in vegas for more bandwidth. You can also select preferred server in settings on front page. (July 14)
  • Split forums for the company. Or openly provide forum space for all groups.
  • Additional functions to moderator panel. (June 20)
  • Left/Right navigation for webcomics added (June 15)
  • Auto-addition of forums for comics (June 11)
  • Display of threads (topics) for comics (June 11)
  • Incorporated nginx to improve performance. (June 11)
  • Width of information table for comic page is always maximum. (June 3)
  • Some SEO items. (May 30)
  • Better caching system. (May 30)
  • Making this ugly link: h--p://vatoto.com/read/_/something/something/something/ less ugly. (May 30)
  • More detailed error messages when they do occur (such as upload) so we can figure out the issue and weed it out. (May 8)
  • Archive Mode - Hides the releases from appearing on the front page. (May 6)
  • Permission fixes - Fixes to lack of permissions to various areas for various groups. (May 5)
  • Fixes to preloading of images. It didn't play nicely with multi-server. (Apr 22)
  • Fixes to view count (Apr 20)
  • Some caching of listings added (Apr 20)
  • Mirroring & Multi-server support. (Apr 16)
  • Genres! (Apr 10)
  • Temporary fix of random mangas always appearing in search result even if you search for complete gibberish. (Apr 10) (Permanent fix will come with next version of IPB)
  • Changed where the files are stored by default to give shorter and less error-prone addresses. (Apr 3)
  • Bug fix - UTF characters in comic titles sometimes did not display their chapters. (Apr 3)
  • Bug fix - UTF characters in comic titles sometimes caused a 404 on image request. (Apr 3)
  • Removed the contributor name on the front page. The lack of width on smaller resolution made a lot of things cramp up.
  • Add a Chapter page's title fixed (Mar 25)
  • The group delay is shown when the group is selected in the add comic page. (Mar 25)
  • Default notification for watched items changed (Mar 23)
  • Notification causing emails unintendedly when watching comics - fixed [ipb bug] (Mar 22)
  • Added methods to give additional control over cache for css/js. (Mar 19)
  • The user bar is moved to the top of the site, so that it's more visible. (Mar 19)
  • Report Problem button added to comic pages. (Mar 12)
  • Tutorial shortcut on add chapter page added. (Mar 12)
  • Bug - Showed only first group when multiple group present on some pages. (Mar 11)
  • Listing of chapters for groups. (Mar 11)
  • Preload of next image. With uncompressed images comes longer download times. A need to preload rises. (Mar 09) (Only applies to comics with pages, ie no webtoons)
  • Edit of chapters by uploader and moderators (Mar 06)
  • IE Bug that prevents forum spoiler from working (Temporary solution: Change site theme at the bottom / use a different browser (Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari, etc) | Long term solution: Install another theme as default theme) - New skin installed! (Mar 04)
  • Zooming feature. Some images are too wide! (Mar02) - Re-fixed for browser compat. (Mar 04)
  • Bug: Ads causing a shift of image for some webtoons. (Mar02)
  • Search, fixed. Searching will now give you comic results.
  • And... I don't remember for stuff before I made this list.

Edited by Grumpy, 16 October 2011 - 09:16 AM.
updated

CrazyRed98

CrazyRed98

What Legends Are Made Of

• The Company
  • 514 posts
  • LocationBed
The zooming thing doesn't work that well. I think it still shows the big image then you zoom in and it centers it instead of it extending all the way to the right.
~~~CrazyRed98~~~
"I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul." - William Ernest Henley
Posted Image

Uroboe

Uroboe

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
those links are really fugly i hope they make them simpler, is it really necesary to know the realease number of the scanlation group and web?

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
Image preloading added. Yay to fast next pages!

Also @ uroboe, because Batoto allows much higher dynamics (multi-lang, multi-group, combination on a single chapter which may not even have a chapter or volume associated) in what can be hosted than most other online reader, the need for more information is inevitable. However, all that info is actually contained in the release number (which was added at a much later date compared to others to solve the mentioned dynamics), so it will eventually be made shorter.

HereticWilson

HereticWilson

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDAT ASSSS
Well, I guess I don't have to post a thread asking for the Watchlist to show the last chapter read. Glad I checked here before making myself look like an ass with my first thread.

jeezor

jeezor

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
I'm using Opera and the zoom pisses me off. I now have to press Z every time i change the page on some mangas because the downsized image is so blurry. Would it be possible to make it optional?

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
I'm using Opera too, but I don't see any problem with the zoom...
Can you be more specific as to where you're having these problems? What about your specifications like resolution?

jeezor

jeezor

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
http://vatoto.com/read/_/717/iris-zero_v02_ch06_by_ala-atra/2
Pages like this one are slightly downsized and that makes them blurry. Reading manga on my laptop at 1280x800.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
Just added google custom search to homepage. :)
I realize that the forum's built in search really sucks... In the meanwhile of building something awesome for search, google custom search will have to do. ^_^

HereticWilson

HereticWilson

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDAT ASSSS
Wasn't the ability to keep track of the last chapter read of a comic on your watchlist on that list up there?

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

Wasn't the ability to keep track of the last chapter read of a comic on your watchlist on that list up there?

I think you're referring to the watchlist which keeps track fo newest chapters for select comics. It has been implemented, though, will change due to IPB3.2 changes.

Yu Han Sung

Yu Han Sung

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,989 posts
  • LocationIn Cake Heaven, stuffing myself with cakes(chocolate, fruit, etc.). Mmm... :D
Will it be possible for us to keep track of all the series and oneshots we've uploaded?

This is getting a bit out of hand for me.... I don't even remember what I uploaded anymore. :D
http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2012/3/29/sheep-who-must-not-be-named.html
For pony!!! :D

Miseng is supposedly the Prince of Zahard and thus, a trap. SIU, you've completely outdone yourself this time. :D :D :D

And I'm very sorry, I just rarely accept friend requests these days. I don't really do Facebook friend requests. Maybe next time. :P
------------------
Even though I like TOG, I have no favourite characters. There are only characters I get attached to, for the moment and some traits I adore, just for a while. In the same way, there is no character I hate or dislike. I may get annoyed, angry and so on, for a while.

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure
yeah , i think list with everyone that has more than 20 uploads or something similiar to avoid ppl that upload 1,2 things and dissapear into nothingness , would be pretty nice implementation
Spoiler

aku720

aku720

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 66 posts
  • LocationHindustan
i agree, we should have an option to keep a track of all the materiel we uploaded
an option which should be available at our profile pages like this

S.NO COMIC(NAME) VOLUME/CHAPTER DATE/TIME ........etc
1. ......................
2. ......................

something like this will be better
this way we can check the quality and quantity of work done by the up-loader as well

Edited by ak720 (akash), 03 September 2011 - 02:03 AM.

HereticWilson

HereticWilson

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDAT ASSSS

I think you're referring to the watchlist which keeps track fo newest chapters for select comics. It has been implemented, though, will change due to IPB3.2 changes.

I'm referring to something like a bookmarking system, where you can mark where you left off when reading a title, to resume at a later date.

Aboutblank

Aboutblank

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
How about a way to hide uploads from groups that you don't like/hiding certain manga.

Example:
I don't like Red Hawk so I can choose to hide all uploads from them from the main page.
or
I don't like Bleach so I can hide updates of that specific manga.

Yu Han Sung

Yu Han Sung

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,989 posts
  • LocationIn Cake Heaven, stuffing myself with cakes(chocolate, fruit, etc.). Mmm... :D
I'd like to add onto AboutBlank's suggestion and expand it to allow people to filter certain demographics or genres. Some people don't want to see any yaoi or yuri or shounen-ai or shoujo-ai on the site. Or even shounen or seinen... or shoujo or josei and so on. :P Or mystery or fantasy or yadda yadda yadda...

And most importantly? To allow people to filter matured content. Saying this 'cos even shoujo or shounen can have matured content(Shinjo Mayu in particular, comes to mind). And there are some who do not want to see such titles.

Edited by tofu21, 13 September 2011 - 08:55 PM.

http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2012/3/29/sheep-who-must-not-be-named.html
For pony!!! :D

Miseng is supposedly the Prince of Zahard and thus, a trap. SIU, you've completely outdone yourself this time. :D :D :D

And I'm very sorry, I just rarely accept friend requests these days. I don't really do Facebook friend requests. Maybe next time. :P
------------------
Even though I like TOG, I have no favourite characters. There are only characters I get attached to, for the moment and some traits I adore, just for a while. In the same way, there is no character I hate or dislike. I may get annoyed, angry and so on, for a while.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
I'm going to lock this so people can make their own threads.

----------------
Edit: Unpinned... since I'm hardly keeping this thread upto date anymore.