Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California

If only that would happen more often in real life.  I can think of a number of "religious leaders" in Armani suits that would greatly benefit from such treatment.

AddNine

AddNine

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 26 posts

I know we're all shipping Min and Ryun but I wouldn't even be mad if he started liking Hana. haha

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

I know we're all shipping Min and Ryun but I wouldn't even be mad if he started liking Hana. haha

True, she is a great character.......actually there's so many great female characters there's not enough guys to go around to ship them all with :D

Tn7HA0h.png

sanyuuki

sanyuuki

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOuter Space

True, she is a great character.......actually there's so many great female characters there's not enough guys to go around to ship them all with :D

Haha, that IS true. The only more or less recurring guys are Min and Heewan. That's 2 guys compared to...what...4 or 5 constantly recurring girls? :D

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Haha, that IS true. The only more or less recurring guys are Min and Heewan. That's 2 guys compared to...what...4 or 5 constantly recurring girls? :D

Yeah, at least 4 or 5............we had a third guy for a while, the fella who was smitten with Mina, but yeah, poor guy, she ran him off pretty quickly :D

Tn7HA0h.png

sanyuuki

sanyuuki

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOuter Space

Yeah, at least 4 or 5............we had a third guy for a while, the fella who was smitten with Mina, but yeah, poor guy, she ran him off pretty quickly :D

Lol, yes, the grey-haired dude who then gave into despair. xD

Well, I don't really mind since all girls in ToC are awesome and interesting. Though RyunxMin are still my OTP~ xD

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Lol, yes, the grey-haired dude who then gave into despair. xD

Well, I don't really mind since all girls in ToC are awesome and interesting. Though RyunxMin are still my OTP~ xD

oh yeah, definitely............they both need each other. She makes him be less stuffy and she needs him.........well, since he's got at least a little sense compared to her :D

Tn7HA0h.png

sanyuuki

sanyuuki

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOuter Space

oh yeah, definitely............they both need each other. She makes him be less stuffy and she needs him.........well, since he's got at least a little sense compared to her :D

Ahah, exactly - Ryun makes Min forget about being proper and uptight all the time and Min is there to give her a push when needed. Or two. Or...a lot. xD

But I gotta admit that Heewan and that black-haired girl (I can never remember her name lol) are close behind. I just love their love/hate relationship. You can definitely tell who's on the loving and who's on the hating end. xD

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I guess it seems like we're building up to some sort of breakthrough with those two.........I'm not entirely sure about that though, they've both got not only some pretty big issues but also some pretty bad-blood between them as well. I suppose  we'll see what happens.

Tn7HA0h.png

sanyuuki

sanyuuki

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOuter Space

I loved Min's blush when Ryun clung to him, trying to stop him from 'hitting' ...the black haired girl. Seriously, I just read the chapter and still can't remember her name, geezus, lol. And yeah, it's time those two settle the score between themselves. It's kinda cute how Heewan feels possessive of her attention. And goes about it in a totally wrong way by pissing her off but hey, a guy's gotta start somewhere. xD

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I loved Min's blush when Ryun clung to him, trying to stop him from 'hitting' ...the black haired girl. Seriously, I just read the chapter and still can't remember her name, geezus, lol. And yeah, it's time those two settle the score between themselves. It's kinda cute how Heewan feels possessive of her attention. And goes about it in a totally wrong way by pissing her off but hey, a guy's gotta start somewhere. xD

Ahhh, don't feel bad, just speaking for myself (especially) the character names of Korean works are particularly hard for me to remember. I can usually do it, or at least I'm a little better at it, if I'm reading it really regularly.....but since this title hasn't been getting really regular releases I can't even hope to remember them all.  

Those two are  a pair of really, really flawed characters. Individually they would already  be flawed enough, but then with the interaction they had prior to the story starting? Holy cow, his betrayal of her really couldn't have been much more horrible. Her saying in the most recent chapter that his dropping dead would be what she wanted wouldn't have surprised me at all coming from anyone who'd been betrayed by him like that.......let alone from a girl who already apparently had some pretty serious issues stemming from her childhood. 

Tn7HA0h.png

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts

I think this chapter points out something about Ryun's character that I haven't noticed particularly about anyone else in the webtoon.  She actually cares about people, and goes out of her way to do so.  Min cares somewhat about her and about his younger sister, but he does it in a pretty disinterested fashion, and with Ryun, he gets her to go to supplemental lessons by tricking her in collusion with the teacher and her mother (who is a pretty damned lousy parent).  

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

Clearly then, yuri relationships will be required ;) :D

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Clearly then, yuri relationships will be required ;) :D

Hah! True, I never even thought about it.........I bet if this were a Japanese work instead of a Korean one we'd already have a potential couple or two :D

there's never any good yaoi or yuri in manhwa  >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts

I haven't noticed anyone in this webtoon with either yuri or yaoi proclivities (maybe sociopath boy as regards Min, but that's stretching it a bit; I think he's only interested in making Min an ally against all of the richly deserved hatred he's accumulated).  Romance (and I haven't checked the genre tags on this series) hasn't reared its' ugly head so far.  In a sense, it makes the manhwa/webtoon more innocent and more interesting.  I have nothing against romance, but it is much more difficult to make readable and believable than non-romance is.  The mangaka/manhwa artist who can "slip it in in a subtle manner" is a rare bird indeed.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I'd kind of lost track of where we were as far as the overall work since it's been going on so long. This one has right at 120 chapters complete, so at ch 85 I guess we're getting close to being in the final push towards the conclusion.........of course with this kind of slice of life type story it might be kind of tough to tell.  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts

Well, this doesn't tell us anything where the webtoon is going.  I'm hoping that Ryun's purity is going to help Chae Seuguen.  She is a pretty brutalized person, what with we've seen of her upbringing and the shit she's been dealt as a student.  From this manhwa, I've been manipulated (not in a bad sense) to consider Ryun as the really decent person among a collection of weirdos.  Perhaps she's too lazy and doesn't apply herself where she should.  At the same time, she has a dirtbag for a mother, who manipulates her all the time, and yet she takes people as they come (with some value judgements, regarding SocioPath Boy) and really cares about them (unlike anyone else in the story).  I don't know where the story is going, but I have to think the mangaka is telling us that the difference between smart and heart smart has some meaning.

Edited by Comadrin, 15 December 2013 - 03:07 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Well, this doesn't tell us anything where the webtoon is going.  

Spoiler

Yeah, you're right. In all honesty, this is one of those stories I hope to get the opportunity to read again from start to finish once there's a complete copy of it. To me so much of it has unfolded so slowly...........not so much a criticism as a fact as I see it, there's just a lot of extra stuff along with the "real", important points/story lines happening.

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Haha! Hilarious, it finally dawned on him Hana was just in it for the free perks  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts

Yeah, I enjoyed seeing the slightly pompous Min have the rug pulled out from under him.  I'll bet he really hated playing Elmer Fudd to Hana's Bugs Bunny!