Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

ahh, so now we have potentially three groups scanlating this :D

thanks to happyscans, a great new chapter, it looks like Luke intends to be pretty badass himself...........just loved the murderous land-grabber, "people will call me a hero!"..........wow, jeez  >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

Portgas D. Itachi

Portgas D. Itachi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

So the final chapter of this manga, will be luke returning to that house, huh? 

So no returning to five points and cleaning that shit hole up?

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

So the final chapter of this manga, will be luke returning to that house, huh? 

So no returning to five points and cleaning that shit hole up?

Hard to say, honestly though their connection to the five points area was pretty much severed with the whole Grave Diggers thing being ended............their father now would seem to be the biggest long term goal rather than a return to New York. Of course Brad's old girlfriend is still there so maybe there's still a return possible. 

Tn7HA0h.png

WrightHS

WrightHS

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 4 posts

Well, Mangastream coincidentally picked this back up. You guys think we should continue it?

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Well, Mangastream coincidentally picked this back up. You guys think we should continue it?

yeah, I was pretty surprised to see that, when I'd looked yesterday they were the group I'd figured had pretty much dropped it entirely........EGS at least had it listed on their site, though as a "hiatus" project. 

I wish you would, yeah, I love this story and it's one that's always suffered from sporadic releases........no matter how many groups were fighting over it.  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

jfforums

jfforums

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

Yes, please, continue if you can manage this with other projects. Quite good manga, great theme, nice art and story, so no wonder there are other groups interested in scanlating.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Ahhh, the Lawless Frontier, good stuff :D

Tn7HA0h.png

freaky

freaky

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

i can't believe i registered just to say this, but... yes, continue this!!

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Wow, very awesome, three cheers for Happy Scans.  :)

That was a really entertaining story arc, though it might be telling just how close it seems the brothers are to their father right now, it kind of makes me wonder just how long this story will go on. A confrontation between them might well signal the beginning of the end of things.

And while I really enjoyed the last few chapters, I really have to say this. The whole "hold onto my gun for me" thing? Completely, even outrageously unrealistic in the historical setting of this story. I understand the author and all, I mean it was obviously meant to be dramatic.......but, sorry, just ridiculous. Would have never happened in that age and setting.

Carrying a firearm was an ingrained behavior, not only because of the limited order of the people and culture in those areas of American expansion,  but also due to the many other threats inherent in a wilderness area with limited settlements and  human population.  In other word, everybody was packing, the thought of handing over one's gun wouldn't ever even occur to someone. 

i can't believe i registered just to say this, but... yes, continue this!!

Indeed, but a good cause none the less. welcome to batoto and the forums by the way  :)

Tn7HA0h.png

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

Carrying a firearm was an ingrained behavior, not only because of the limited order of the people and culture in those areas of American expansion,  but also due to the many other threats inherent in a wilderness area with limited settlements and  human population.  In other word, everybody was packing, the thought of handing over one's gun wouldn't ever even occur to someone. 

Indeed, but a good cause none the less. welcome to batoto and the forums by the way   :)

Um... Luke's always been a bit... weird and rather sheltered.  And, very idealistic. <_< It suits him to do something that practically everybody else around him would consider beyond dumb. :) He's not exactly plugged into the ethos he's finding himself in, even though he is of the culture.

He is a city mouse, after all. :) And, still rather new to the whole dog-eat-dog thing.

And, let's face it: plenty of fools did stupid stuff heading out West.  Some of it even worked.  And, some of it got them into early graves. :mellow:

Edited by Euodiachloris, 30 September 2013 - 10:19 PM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Um... Luke's always been a bit... weird and rather sheltered.  And, very idealistic. <_< It suits him to do something that practically everybody else around him would consider beyond dumb. :) He's not exactly plugged into the ethos he's finding himself in, even though he is of the culture.

He is a city mouse, after all. :) And, still rather new to the whole dog-eat-dog thing.

And, let's face it: plenty of fools did stupid stuff heading out West.  Some of it even worked.  And, some of it got them into early graves. :mellow:

I understand your reasoning, and for many, many things it would be right..........but not with survival. That's what makes this different.

Given the setting,  Luke, anyone for that matter, would very, very quickly adapt to a point where being armed was the norm......it'd literally no more even occur to someone in that setting to disarm anymore than it'd occur to me or you to take our clothes off in public. It not only wouldn't be an option, we'd never even think of it. 

It was dramatic, it was how the author wanted to tell the story, but that part wasn't realistic. Luke might have been that way before, but he's a killer now and in a setting where his life's in danger at every moment. Guys like him and Brad have a gun on them or within reach at all times........it would be an ingrained behavior to the point of not even thinking about a different way to be.

Edited by svines85, 30 September 2013 - 11:38 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

Given the setting,  Luke, anyone for that matter, would very, very quickly adapt to a point where being armed was the norm......it'd literally no more even occur to someone in that setting to disarm anymore than it'd occur to me or you to take our clothes off in public. It not only wouldn't be an option, we'd never even think of it. 

I'd contest that: South Africa has a few stories of missionaries who refused to carry guns when facing other people, even when it was suicidal not to carry them (although some members of their parties inevitably did, if only for hunting).  Some of them outright died as a result of being outnumbered when they invariably got the neighbours unhappy.  And, giving colonial forces plenty of opportunity to go right into disputed territories, kill a load of people in reprisals for the death of said idiots... then calmly walk away with a land-grab thanks to a "peace treaty". :P

Others managed to make it work for them... until politics caught up with them in other ways (like, suddenly having a town grow around your mission and the company moving in and shoving you to one side). <shrugs>

If you're telling me that didn't happen at some point out West, I'll start cooking a hat for you to munch on. <_< I can do remarkable things with cumin and a deep fat fryer. ;)

Just because it'd be average, doesn't mean every last person in the time and place was actually doing it. :) North America is a big place and loads of people settling it back then came from a lot of different cultures: not all would have thrown old principles out for survival's sake, even if it would have been wiser to do so.  So finding somebody like Luke?  Not all that surprising, really.

Dumb, but not surprising.  Kid's learning: it sometimes takes decades to fully adapt to the bush or the outback... if you're lucky enough to survive your dumb phase. <_<

EDIT: When you think about it, a lot of colonial histories and legends are made up of "don't do this dumb thing that this idiot did". :lol:  Case in point: the short history of the fool who left East London (well, it was Port Rex at the time) with the aim of setting up a farm and taming Cape Buffalo out near the Nahoon somewhere before it was properly settled.  They killed him: everybody told him they would.  You can't tame Cape Buffalo by any normal means, and they really don't appreciate you trying to corral them. :P :lol:

Edited by Euodiachloris, 01 October 2013 - 12:20 AM.

PlotCap.png

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

True, very true, to any rule there's an exception.........although in Luke's case the author had very clearly portrayed him as not being one of those exceptions right up to the point he dramatically said "here, take my gun Brad...".  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Wow, even more great chapters, Ed King seems to always be good for plenty of brutal action...

Tn7HA0h.png

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

Wow, even more great chapters, Ed King seems to always be good for plenty of brutal action...

The guy really works hard at being a douche, though. <_<

PlotCap.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

The guy really works hard at being a douche, though. <_<

haha! yeah, no kidding, he couldn't be portrayed as much worse of a person, could he?   :D

that's one thing I'll say about titles like this one, the authors sure don't scrimp on the bad guys being bad and doing outrageously bad things 

Edited by svines85, 01 October 2013 - 08:38 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

freaky

freaky

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

i wonder if i will be happy when ed king gets killed... 

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

i wonder if i will be happy when ed king gets killed... 

Haha! Well, as a character he's making it pretty tough to like him very much.......of course some people love good villains, so in that sense he's pretty important. 

But yeah, I wonder the same thing, they seem awful close to a confrontation right now, and at  least I'd think when he's dead the story will probably be pretty much over. But who knows, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

Tn7HA0h.png

freaky

freaky

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Death is not enough, I think.. A quick appearance of a bad guy, bang, kill him as punishment. But Ed... he's been around for long, this type of character needs to be stripped off from his pride at least.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Death is not enough, I think.. A quick appearance of a bad guy, bang, kill him as punishment. But Ed... he's been around for long, this type of character needs to be stripped off from his pride at least.

you're right I think, that's partly why I'm not entirely sold on us coming up on a "final" type confrontation.........I'm thinking it might be something close with our main bad guy (Big Ed)  getting away. then they could hunt him down again (with him on the run then like a gut-shot animal) sort of thing. 

Tn7HA0h.png