Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Corruption Report

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

S.C.

S.C.

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationThe Epicenter of Indifference
Seems like this thread: http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/8232-yo/ got corrupted. Page 1 is giving malware warnings and my Avira detected something, right after.

Posted Image

Dafortminor

Dafortminor

Omnipotence

• Global Mods
  • 752 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
Thanks for the heads up, will be checking into it

-Daffy
Best and fastest way to contact me is via Discord: Daffy#9194.

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...
Works fine for me. Maybe it's a false positive?

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

S.C.

S.C.

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,258 posts

Works fine for me. Maybe it's a false positive?

Or maybe your anti-spyware simply isn't up to date.

Posted Image

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...
I just updated ESET and Malwarebytes and still clean. We'll report it to the admins. Maybe ad-related.

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

S.C.

S.C.

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,258 posts

I just updated ESET and Malwarebytes and still clean. We'll report it to the admins. Maybe ad-related.

Sounds likely.

Posted Image

Dafortminor

Dafortminor

Omnipotence

• Global Mods
  • 752 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
Well, other scanning software shows its clean, though Google will show malware because they blacklisted the site. That is how I can explain it in my own words. It must have been ad related, since the scanning software shows that Google did a check recently but for a X amount of days which were 90 days all the time and no malicious software was found. Google just probably blacklisted them as suspicious, this is why you and me are getting the alert.

For now we will temporary close the thread and wait for what Trebor and Grumpy have to say about it.

Thanks,

-Daffy

Edited by Dafortminor, 08 September 2012 - 04:11 PM.

Best and fastest way to contact me is via Discord: Daffy#9194.

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
99.99% chance that Google just displaying that on a whim.

Restored & unlocked.

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA

99.99% chance that Google just displaying that on a whim.

Restored & unlocked.

We can't disregard Google reports. A lot of you don't use Google Chrome, but we have to support a wide swath of users. Anyone that used Chrome and tried to visit the page would have gotten a giant warning that there was spyware on Batoto. We cannot just ignore that, it gives us a bad name.

Anyway, I fixed the problem. Here is how I did it:

1. The page complained that there was content being hosted on Batoto.com from http://rawfoodrecipes.com/
2. It states that rawfoodrecipes.com has malware.
3. Click 'proceed anyway' to investigate page.
4. Right click on page, select 'view source'
5. Ctrl+f and type in 'rawfoodrecipes'
6. Find users have posted two images of a cupcake being hosted on rawfoodrecipes.com
7. Edit users' posts and delete cupcakes
8. Thread is fine
Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK
^Moral of the story: be wary where you get your cupcakes from? ;)

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.