Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Anime/Cartoon Discussion

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Sarnik

Sarnik

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 311 posts
Yeah, basically this thread is going to be a thread that discusses any anime and cartoon you all have seen.

Accepted for discussion: Whether it be western or eastern, it is welcome.

First, yes I do like anime. I've watched quite a lot :rolleyes:
I found anime to be better than a lot of the western stuff lately.

Here's a list that I've watched and thought was at least decent.

Code Geass
Densetsu no Yusha no Densetsu (Legend of the Legendary Heroes)
Katanagatari
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
Pokemon (first few seasons)
Spice and Wolf
To Aru Majutsu no Index
Toradora!

Anime I wished could have been changed

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san! <- Before you ask, it's a flash animation. It's ending is better quality than the actual show (it takes up have the show too).
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya S2 <- Endless Eight.

¶▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█~ ::~ :~ :►
▄██ ▲  █ █ ██▅▄▃▂
███▲ ▲ █ █ ███████
███████████████████████►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙☼◤

Earn money through Swagbucks! http://www.swagbucks.com/p/register?rb=33947530

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo
Yeah.. Code Geass was pretty awsome.
I was dissapointed in Katanagatari ending tho(last few eps). Could have been better.
Didnt watch Densetsu no Yusha no Densetsu yet :3
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? <-waiting for it to end
Pokemon >.<
Spice and Wolf was cool, I loved the ED song (Ringo Hiyori)!
To aru Biribiri~ <3
Toradora... Taiga moe. <3 :D

Right now im watching Gintama. Its fun~ (except that I dont get some jokes (since they require some knowledge of japanese celebrities and stuff).
But I get my portion of laugh :)
Now im off to watch new One Piece episode =_=

Nutrient

Nutrient

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 273 posts
http://myanimelist.net/profile/DearSky

Share your lists (:

2crvuxv.png

made by Farfalla @ mh

Polboron

Polboron

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 57 posts
*bump*

just wanted to bump this because there really isn't any other anime thread to talk about it.

lately, it seems like all the anime is derived from manga. what happened to the good old days of original anime NOT from manga?

there were such great series like "ghost in the shell," "cowboy bebop," and "flcl." i wondered what ever happened to original animes.
Posted Image

"I know the night is not the same as the day: that all things are different, that the things of the night cannot be explained in the day, because they do not then exist, and the night can be a dreadful time for lonely people once their loneliness has started."
- Ernest Hemingway

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo
Yeah, I tought its a new thread but then saw i already posted here =_= ages ago.

There is still some original ones coming out, tho they probably cant compare to those.(not really up with the last 2(?) seasons).
I dont mind adaptations of a manga, but it should be done properly. No rushed endings and altering the story(if it makes it worse).

Polboron

Polboron

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 57 posts
so does anyone know any other original (not based on manga) anime series or movies? been trying to find new anime to watch...
Posted Image

"I know the night is not the same as the day: that all things are different, that the things of the night cannot be explained in the day, because they do not then exist, and the night can be a dreadful time for lonely people once their loneliness has started."
- Ernest Hemingway

manga2x

manga2x

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTawi Tawi naval district
Code Geass -> I haven't watch
Densetsu no Yusha no Densetsu -> I haven't watch
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? -> Crazy. But in a good way. I had a good laugh watching it
Pokemon (first few seasons) -> sorry. not interested
Spice and Wolf -> Holo the wise!! A good medieval merchant story! I read the manga too
To Aru Majutsu no Index -> \too bad not much romance in here. The "Rail gun" is better to me. since Saten Ruiko appears more.
Toradora! -> Tsundere story! nice story till the end. I can't forget Inko-chan for some reason

Jigoku Shoujo
If you aren't bothered by it's Psychological & shoujo tags
this is anime original. the manga is written by a different person.

Seiris21

Seiris21

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationWandering the Celestial Plain
I liked Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon. People have had problems with the "balloon breast syndrome" but I thought the battle mechanics were cool. Based off a light novel, whose author is known to have a tendency to make stories dark. First season is done, second season scheduled to air in summer.

Also like Bakemonogatari's animation style. Character development is decent IMO. Based off Light Novel.

Nisemonogatari is either a sequel or a prequel to Bakemonogatari, if you liked it

Rumors of a prequel movie for Bakemonogatari as well.

annihilator

annihilator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationnomad...

*bump*

there were such great series like "ghost in the shell," "cowboy bebop," and "flcl." i wondered what ever happened to original animes.

i can't believe i bought the "CD" (was CD then after all... lols) of "Ghost in the Shell"... but it was pretty awesome! its worth it...:D

...m y a l t e r e g o...

Posted Image

Seiris21

Seiris21

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts
No money to buy things (T^T)

annihilator

annihilator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationnomad...
lols... no more buying... just reading and watching over the net... but i've got a collection of animes CDs...

anyone watched "Bokura Ga Ita?

Posted Image

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
I feel like most anime isn't nearly as good as their manga and light novels counterparts. I mean the images are moving and in color but a lot of times the production companies take away a lot of the impact from many of the scenes, such as small changes in dialogue. Of course there's a lot of series where the anime is really good and even better.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

annihilator

annihilator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationnomad...

I feel like most anime isn't nearly as good as their manga and light novels counterparts. I mean the images are moving and in color but a lot of times the production companies take away a lot of the impact from many of the scenes, such as small changes in dialogue. Of course there's a lot of series where the anime is really good and even better.

totally... but there are still some who uphold the originals... :D

Posted Image

Seiris21

Seiris21

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts

They can't stuff all the good stuff into anime or else they'll end up with year-long seasons. Though that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Unless you talk about Endless 8.

Aote

Aote

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 713 posts
  • LocationCloud 8
Endless 8....ugh.

About that...

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Locationwww.batoto.net

lols... no more buying... just reading and watching over the net... but i've got a collection of animes CDs...

anyone watched "Bokura Ga Ita?

i watched Bokura Ga Ita cute drama :)

my animelist---> http://www.anime-planet.com/users/ramzi/anime

Lustful

Lustful

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts
Anime I've watched so far that I didn't forgot: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/BurningShit