Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Your favourite anime movies ( Not linked to a series )

anime movies

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Krazoa

Krazoa

Potato

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationTrophaeum Tower

Summer wars

Mardock scramble

Broken blade

Realized I have not actually watched alot of anime movies.....

One to change it, One to write a poem about it, One to cry and whine about how they miss the old One

Frost

Frost

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,862 posts
  • LocationLost in dreams of other worlds

I also liked a lot of Makoto Shinkai's works like:

5 cms per second

The place promised in our early days

Voices of a distant star

and a new one is coming out!

It's called The Garden of words, here's a trailer of it. It looks so pretty, can't wait!

Spoiler

Edited by Frost, 05 May 2013 - 04:55 PM.

signature.jpg

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

I also liked a lot of Makoto Shinkai's works like:

5 cms per second

The place promised in our early days

Voices of a distant star

and a new one is coming out!

It's called The Garden of words, here's a trailer of it. It looks so pretty, can't wait!

Spoiler

Wow, that's some pretty awesome looking animation........and yeah, that 5 cms per second is one I've had recommended to me before..........I really should watch it, the synopsis  sounds kinda sad though and I just haven't been in the mood for that  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Frost

Frost

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Wow, that's some pretty awesome looking animation........and yeah, that 5 cms per second is one I've had recommended to me before..........I really should watch it, the synopsis  sounds kinda sad though and I just haven't been in the mood for that   :D

Yea it is a bit sad but I love those type of movies :]. You really should watch it! don't worry it's not the depressing kind of sad like Grave of the Fireflies or anything and the animation in 5 cm per second is beautiful.

signature.jpg

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Yea it is a bit sad but I love those type of movies :]. You really should watch it! don't worry it's not the depressing kind of sad like Grave of the Fireflies or anything and the animation in 5 cm per second is beautiful.

Oh lord, yeah, Grave of the Fireflies pretty much takes the cake when you bring up "depressing" xD

I don't mind them being sad either, heck, sometimes those are the best works of all.  And yeah, I'm looking forward to the animation the most, I've seen so many beautiful gifs from 5 cm, I just have to kind of work myself up to take the plunge when I already know it's going to be sad :D

Tn7HA0h.png

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • Location.-.

I'd like to watch some anime film now , but a depressing one would distract me too much...

Slitherer

Slitherer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Most recent favorite would have to be Wolf Children: Ame and Yuki. Pure animation gold.

I'm looking forward to the animation the most, I've seen so many beautiful gifs from 5 cm, I just have to kind of work myself up to take the plunge when I already know it's going to be sad :D

If you like pretty animation that much, you'll probably love the rest of Makoto Shinkai's works. Story-wise, they're not actually in-depth and fulfilling. But art-wise, they're definitely eye-gasmic. 

Frost

Frost

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Yea I just saw A Garden of words, the animation is amazing! especially the rain, I loved it but story wise the characters definitely had more room for development it was a bit too rushed in my opinion but that doesn't even mater the scenery and animation alone was enough for me to enjoy the movie.

I recently saw Jin-Roh the Wolf Brigade, it was really good.

signature.jpg

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar
Necro-quoting: xD

I'd like to watch some anime film now , but a depressing one would distract me too much...

Aachi wa Ssipak, Dead Leaves, Mind Game, Paprika, Princess Arete, Tokyo Godfathers - none of them depressing I think...

Topic:
Nitaboh
Worth watching, if only to listen to this.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Frost

Frost

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Necro-quoting: xDAachi wa Ssipak, Dead Leaves, Mind Game, Paprika, Princess Arete, Tokyo Godfathers - none of them depressing I think...

Topic:
Nitaboh

Damn I'm already hooked, I'm gonna check out this movie

signature.jpg

Rebel Bonhart

Rebel Bonhart

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,444 posts

Not really original, but Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away (watched that one with my class when I was young :P)

5B4rd3Q.gif

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • Location.-.

Necro-quoting: xDAachi wa Ssipak, Dead Leaves, Mind Game, Paprika, Princess Arete, Tokyo Godfathers - none of them depressing I think...

Topic:
Nitaboh

Gonna try them tomorow 

Not really original, but Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away (watched that one with my class when I was young :P)

My father bought them when I was a child and I've seen them hundreds of times since^^

Frost

Frost

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Hotarubi no Mori e is another one of my favorites. There's barely any dialogue between the two mains but those few lines of dialogue said all that was needed to be said. This one also had some beautiful animations.

signature.jpg

Klabautermann

Klabautermann

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationIn a root beer float

I haven't watched much anime movies but I really liked Tekkon Kinkreet. It was soooo pretty.

I watched a lot of Studio Ghibli ones. Most of those are always good :)

Edited by Klabautermann, 05 August 2013 - 05:52 PM.

Angelo.

Angelo.

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • Locationsleeping on a cloud

all dragonballz movies!