Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Dark Souls

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Micky-Mouse

Micky-Mouse

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationOver there --->
I recently got this new game because i love RPGs but it's unbelievably HARD im telling you! So for those of you who play Dark Souls... you may whine here on how hard it is and the amount of controllers you've broken by throwing it at the wall in frustration.

Fangz

Fangz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEngland, Essex
I had to buy a new controller after having Dark Souls for 2 months, the movement kept changing what the input was, I'd intend to run forward and end up running side ways off a cliff :D

Only threw it against the walls a couple of times :/ You'd think designers would put some thought into durability of gamers controllers.

My favorite game at the moment, can't wait for DLC to hit the consoles.

<< Absolute Sword>>  Always standing before death, her reality differed from the rest of the world but her life weighed the same.

May the legend of the Absolute Sword be eternal, for the true beauty of life can only be seen by those that can see its end.

Sword.Art.Online.240.1189446.jpg

Micky-Mouse

Micky-Mouse

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

I had to buy a new controller after having Dark Souls for 2 months, the movement kept changing what the input was, I'd intend to run forward and end up running side ways off a cliff :D

Only threw it against the walls a couple of times :/ You'd think designers would put some thought into durability of gamers controllers.

My favorite game at the moment, can't wait for DLC to hit the consoles.

I know right?? The depressing moment when you think "YES I CAN OUT-ROLL THIS GUY" *rolls off platform into bottomless pit* Im watching my brother now and he did just that, he was so pissed off :L

We actually have it oncomputer cos our xbox is broken and the controls are reaally awkward, so we just got a wireless receiver ^^

RemiKirishima

RemiKirishima

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
So far I didn't break any controller, but I don't know if it's because I played Demon's Souls beforehand and already expected that hellish frustration.
Regarding the bosses I really enjoyed fighting Sif, damn that thing is epic ~

Unsung

Unsung

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationGlobe Trotter
This is one of those games that I just can't grind through. The amount of frustration it generates... GAH. Thinking about it kind of pisses me off.

Not to say that I don't enjoy the game. I really do. Its great how I cannot just go charging into a room and be completely unstoppable. Have to pick my fights wisely and and choose tactics that best suit the situation that I'm in.

And then I encounter those Dark Knights and run away screaming.
:batoto_012:
The sensual lust of violence is all the assurance
you will ever need to know the true worth of life.
Posted Image
We are the wolves who dress as the sheep,
never resting and refusing to sleep

Fangz

Fangz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEngland, Essex
haha, read all the comments while silently nodding, I feel all your pains T_T

At the moment I dare say I'm pretty good at the Dark souls mentality so I rarely die by enemies, I mainly die by falling now, I'm a sucker for rolling off the edge when dodging attacks >_>

<< Absolute Sword>>  Always standing before death, her reality differed from the rest of the world but her life weighed the same.

May the legend of the Absolute Sword be eternal, for the true beauty of life can only be seen by those that can see its end.

Sword.Art.Online.240.1189446.jpg

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationLost in the Echo
I get the distinct impression that this is not a game that I would want to play.
I would prpbably have to buy a new controller every other day, lol.
But hey, sometimes games like that are pretty fun, because of the aggrivation you have to go through.
And the satisfaction you get when you finally get through it seems more than it would be with any other game, IMO

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Need staff help? You can go to Staff Support.
Need site help? You can go to Batoto Support.
You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.
If all else fails you can feel free to send me a PM.

FallenEternity

FallenEternity

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
La~ Di~ Da~ Di~ Da~ *rolls off cliff*
Aww... well at least I can get my souls back!
La~ Di~ Da~ Di~ Da~ *Rolls off same cliff*
Oh, that's nice............
*headbutts bricks for the rest of the day*

darkhunter

darkhunter

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationDarkness World
i like teh game, the only problem is the way they made teh port to the pc
at least there is some fix for the resolution and other stuff
i just hope there will be an update soon that will remove/turn off all the console commands they have on display

oh yeah the fix link: http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/

i love it coz it allows me to remove the mouse cursor

Broken Identity
"People say I'm a freak, dark, weird, sick and twisted person, but I actually have the heart of a young girl ... in a jar, on my desk ..."
There is only one God ... and his name is Death.

King of Laziness

Suffering from: Procrastination Extraordinarius

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest
One of the best RPG and one of the HARDEST game ever.
Seriously, every damn enemy can kill you.

But i never thought that dying is so much fun until this game lol

sigpic578_26.gif

Micky-Mouse

Micky-Mouse

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

One of the best RPG and one of the HARDEST game ever.
Seriously, every damn enemy can kill you.

But i never thought that dying is so much fun until this game lol

The cliffs are more deadly than any of the bosses that you'll find. Trust me. When you think you've won, a rabid dog will come along and push you off the edge, leaving your lower jaw grounded to the floor and your head in your hands, while you will be thinking "WHAT THE HELL."

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest
Exactly! That happens to me!
There are also traps in the entire game.....

sigpic578_26.gif

darkhunter

darkhunter

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationDarkness World
blah ... i couldn't stand it any more and i cheated >.<
damn game when you rest at teh fire monsters respawn and you have to fight again :|
at least the boss monsters are ok but the minions suck big time

Broken Identity
"People say I'm a freak, dark, weird, sick and twisted person, but I actually have the heart of a young girl ... in a jar, on my desk ..."
There is only one God ... and his name is Death.

King of Laziness

Suffering from: Procrastination Extraordinarius

Micky-Mouse

Micky-Mouse

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
It's even worse when you're fighting a hard enemy and then it says "....... has invaded your world." then this other player just pops up attacking you ¬¬
then you roll off a cliff.

RemiKirishima

RemiKirishima

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
I forgot to mention that one of the things that I love the most about this game is that every new game cycle I end up discovering something or someplace new, even though I try to go through every area as thoroughly as possible.

• Guests
F*ing hard game
Even after I cheated (Soul cheat, abit) it is still hard on some areas ==

Micky-Mouse

Micky-Mouse

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

F*ing hard game
Even after I cheated (Soul cheat, abit) it is still hard on some areas ==

I don't understand, how can you cheat?? I'd do it if i knew how to!
It's really frustrating when it says ".... has invaded your world", then your like F@*K!!!!
But when you die before you can get your souls back, your like: SJDLZB KEFCAX\SD\KASDB!!

• Guests

I don't understand, how can you cheat?? I'd do it if i knew how to!
It's really frustrating when it says ".... has invaded your world", then your like F@*K!!!!
But when you die before you can get your souls back, your like: SJDLZB KEFCAX\SD\KASDB!!

Cheat Engine, Soul Cheat...
:|
I want to play a new char now, trying to play with a guide...

luukia

luukia

Potato

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
I just bought it, but I haven't play it yet.
My friend said that it was the hardest RPG he ever played.
So I guess he's not bluffing eh? Everyone seems having hard time with it.

RemiKirishima

RemiKirishima

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I just bought it, but I haven't play it yet.
My friend said that it was the hardest RPG he ever played.
So I guess he's not bluffing eh? Everyone seems having hard time with it.

It is quite hard indeed, but that's what makes it so enjoyable in my opinion. The gameplay changes based on the weapons and armors you're using, and learning how the enemies move, attack, defend and dodge is a must if you want to survive a bit more through the game. Basically it relies more on skill/memory than equipment, so just pick your favorite playing style and go forth.