Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Theories and ideas- What will his powers be

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Njmanga

Njmanga

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 17 posts
I felt like making this topic, because everyone should think what will his powers be, this is a world in which there are super humans, but we have yet to see any super human abilities except for the one they call GOD, and just really highly skilled assassins but nothing really to scream about, and a protagonist who can change his eye colors, but what the hell will his powers be, I keep asking Vexed to tell me and he is like I don't want to spoil it for you, he has that nice advantage of reading the light novel. So what does everyone think his power will be, for some reason I get the feel the girl will play a big role in activating his powers, but not sure yet how.

ZeusThe10

ZeusThe10

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMount Olympus
I remember the MC saying something about how his eyes can also correlate with his emotions so maybe it can induce feeling into people like when ever his eyes turn red with rage he can induce fear or something IDK just a guess

Spitfirev2

Spitfirev2

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
i really have no idea but what i do find interesting is snake ( that guy he saved ) said that that assassin was the same as him in terms of ''super power'' and he didnt really use any super power that was visible so i think that with the changing eye colour he gains different powers for example maybe red eyes gives him the sharingan LOLS, no but seriously the assassin did cover his face when he looked at him so maybe it has to do with eye contact or something

Njmanga

Njmanga

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 17 posts
I was thinking the same thing that maybe just like a sharingon he may be able to gain the abilities of others maybe temporarily or something those lines, like eyes that can copy a super power , I noticed also the assassin made it a point to cover his face, I thought that was weird as well, you may be correct because I think about this what type of super power allows you to only change eye color unless there is something that is being overlooked in terms of that ability, I think the girl is the key to all this, she may know more than whats been revealed so far, I want to see someone use a super power even the girl with the gun who was said to have a super power I have yet to see that super power, Im starting to think that this world what they call super power just may be just enhanced physical abilities, not so much in the realm of magic but enhanced physical abilities or biological in some aspect, Im hoping his power is a copy ability.

TaintedDream

TaintedDream

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationUnited States
I personally think the "ability to copy other abilities" has been used a lot already: HunterXHunter, Area D - Inou Ryouiki, Naruto are three that come to mind right away. I'm personally hoping it's something dark in theme, since the overall theme of the story seems to be a pretty dark one (five chapters in and the main character got stabbed in the eye already, twice if you count how the cut's in the shape of a cross).

Edited by TaintedDream, 28 August 2012 - 05:34 PM.

kwendy

kwendy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
Thought of the "copy-eye" thingy. Just another boring sharingan. Well, it is possible... Like, copying the others eyes and gaining something...
Might as well be just eye-coloring ability. After all, people with weak and useless abilities are the strongest. But, sadly, it just cant be the case.

Edited by kwendy, 28 August 2012 - 05:42 PM.

Njmanga

Njmanga

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 17 posts
that is true people with weak and useless abilities are the strongest and maybe the eye coloring thing is all that he can do, if thats the case than its not so bad he makes up for it with his personality which is neither defined as good or evil, but has anyone ever thought if this is a world of super powers, maybe the girl has powers that havent been revealed, but its killing me is repainting the world with his eye colors really his only power, if his eyes react to his emotions than there has to be more to it.

HOW's This maybe its a DUAL paired ability, what I mean by this maybe it needs another ability user to activate, similar to someone having the key to starting the car, maybe his ability doesnt activate without the key to turn on his engine, there have been case that in other mangas in which the ability user has a useless ability unless he or she is paired with another ability user who happens to have the key ability to activate the main character.

Neobosco

Neobosco

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
the main girl must have a super power, why? well a image from the next chapter http://blog.dengeki.com/wp055maoh/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Ph6.jpg or maybe is just a lewd girl?

Spoiler

class_sleeper

class_sleeper

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationIn a box...
Maybe we did see Frog's power. When what's-his-name kicked her, it was kinda like he was hit in the face too. Though he didn't take any damage. Anyway maybe MC's damaged eye will activate?

Squier

Squier

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts

the main girl must have a super power, why? well a image from the next chapter http://blog.dengeki.com/wp055maoh/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Ph6.jpg or maybe is just a lewd girl?

Spoiler

Power of stripping.

Njmanga

Njmanga

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 17 posts
That image says alot behind it the one of her stripping, i think there is alot to that stripping, and how the MC is behaving int hat scene, I may edit this manga But I love how every chapter leaves you wanting more, I think honestly the MC is the most realistic character, even though he wants to be a hero, he still thinking about his self preservation, his attitude is the best.

Banagher14

Banagher14

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
The MC name mean "lizard", and once translated the manga name mean "Lizard King" which make me guess he will maybe have power(s) similar to lizard characteristics. Also with "King" in the title I doubt he'll only have one power.

His eyes color changing might be in the same fashion of chameleon color changing(not the same use for this feature, but a similar way of changing color(Also sometimes chameleon change color based on their mood)).
-We also know that lizard have high healing factor(most can even regrow a severed leg/tail).
-They behave solely on instinct, when faced with such an opponent, it might be incredibly scary. Maybe he'll, at least, give out some incredible scary vibes like he did with his eyes.
-Also reptilian in general have more strength in comparison to their size than most humans.

Well that's about what I can guess using what was shown in this manga, FOR NOW, if not I can't see for now why the author would use this title and make the character name the same as well as going through the trouble of explaining, out of nowhere, that the character name mean lizard(see a scene in the very first chapter with the MC's friend that know about his power).
And why put a lizard in the 1st panel as he explain his eyes power: http://vatoto.com/read/_/118355/tokage-no-ou_ch2_by_deus-ex-scans

These are only some of my wild guess, personally I have a soft spot for the eyes inducing fear and high healing factor.

Edited by Banagher14, 30 August 2012 - 07:54 AM.

Irecinius

Irecinius

Potato

• Members
  • 185 posts
the super power to change his eyes and CHARM the prettiest girl around... thats good enough~

at least explain why in the world such rich/pretty girl would fall for him!

GiantEyedSquirrel

GiantEyedSquirrel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationYour Inner Mind
I'll just go with changing himself, something like autosuggestion or personality change.
May everything be done in moderation

Noche Dragon Heart

Noche Dragon Heart

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
i agree with reptile stuff so who knows maybe he can heal quickly and colors is just fashion sense :P

oliverwashere

oliverwashere

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Locationthe chasm of sleep
He just happened to forget to mention he had magic tears?! Was he trying to buy time so he might activate an ability from his tears or was he trying to add his tears to the blood pool on the ground so he could play possum by seeming to have lost too much blood? Anyways, I hope those tears turn him into a super-powered drug addict like the main character of Trace 1.5.

Alatraeon

Alatraeon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationThe World God Only Knows
Maybe his power is steal enemy power and seal it in his eyes color.

zentrex

zentrex

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
He just lost his other eye men

CyborgPenguin

CyborgPenguin

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
He might have fast regeneration and grow the lost eye. like how the lizard has fast regeneration.

Delacarda

Delacarda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
The power from MC is most probably :
Spoiler