Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Uploading a self-published comic

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

unok-kun

unok-kun

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 3 posts
I wasn't sure where to post this, so here it goes.

I've been translating to English for some time the Spanish webcomic "Raruto Sisepuede" (sequel of Raruto), and since it's pretty unknown in English, I thought I could upload it here and get it some readers. Only that, since the comic is self-published and the author (kinda) agrees to me translating it, you could say it's an official translation and not a fan work. So, just to be sure, I went out of my way to ask both the author and the previous translators if I could upload it and they all agreed.

The author, though, said that I could also upload the Spanish chapters under a fan account for Jesulink.com (his website, where he publishes the chapters). So I have already created that account ("Jesulink.com Fan"). If you think that doesn't follow the forum guidelines (though I didn't find anything against duplicate accounts), go ahead and delete it. Otherwise, I'd ask you to give it contributor status so I can upload the chapters from that account without having to wait for approval.

If needed I can show you the e-mail from the author, but mind you that it's in Spanish. (I might be going overboard with this, but I want to do it right.)

Edited by unok-kun, 22 August 2012 - 09:03 AM.

hados9

hados9

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 352 posts
  • LocationIn line for Moderator
Well i don't see any reasons as to why you are unable to upload it here as it is the official and the fan made translation so no worries from my understanding :D

Dedicated Uploader- Hados9

Posted Image

Posted Image

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
Re: Uploading
You may upload both versions. (This is not a statement to all, goes on a case by case basis)

You can forward a copy of the proof of permission to [email protected].

Ironically, the CC-by,nc,nd license on their website prevents derivative works, which is what you do. But if you got direct permission, CC doesn't really matter.

Just to note, we will be altering some aspects of batoto to cater original comics differently from scanlations in the future.

---------------
Re: Duplicate accounts.
We do realize that duplicate accounts are necessary in the event of keeping separate and meaningful identity such as group account and personal account. As such, it is allowed. Although duplicate accounts for illegitimate actions such as ban evasion are obviously not allowed.