Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Let's discuss Furuya's obsession with zombies!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Eien No

Eien No

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 217 posts
Before anything is said, we will all agree that the following discussion should be semi-serious and that by replying with an argument you pledge to understand anime/manga logic(which is to say the non-existence of it).

I've already accepted the fact that he's obsessed with zombies and the reason as to why doesn't have to be important or for that matter relevant, but I am honestly interested as to what other people's theories are. I mean, Chihiro finds the reainmated(or maybe just animated?) corpses of girls cute and I don't quite get how the sight of decomposing flesh can appear attractive to anyone. Sure, Rea is cute and granted, she is now a lot more "accessible" and "free", but what about when she starts deforming? Skin peeling off, body falling apart, organs spewing out - your typical zombie.

I understand the interest one might possibly have with these creatures. They are interesting, even though they creep me the fandingo out. Chihiro sees them in a different light though, almost forgetting the fact that these are dead people, brought back to life, maybe even against their will, to live as a shadow of their formal selves. How could he find that attractive?

I want to hears people's theories or even their own concerns regarding the subject matter, again, disregarding the fact that this is a manga and, by definition, logic is sometimes tossed out the window (but we all still love it).

My own theory/opinion is that Chihiro doesn't think of them as just corpses, but he sees them as a sort of different "breed" of subhuman creature. Rea is the special case amongst the zombies of course, as she, for the sake of explaining this in simple terms, is like a normal girl. He sees other zombies, human or non-human, as "pets".

Before anyone asks, I do like this manga and I hope it develops into something great, but this last chapter sort of rekindled my desire to know what's going on inside of that cat-ear haired head.

Myrrh.gif

romcom

romcom

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
I think his mother is involed...

Akami Niflheim

Akami Niflheim

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 843 posts
Yeah! I think also that it's because his mother is involved and zombie really are interesting.. really really... XD :batoto_022:

Bladestone

Bladestone

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

I'm pretty sure it has been hinted that Furuya's mom was a zombie, so he learned to love zombies because his mom was one.

Eien No

Eien No

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 217 posts

Could someone point this out to me? I haven't reread this in a while. I don't remember the hints of his mother being a zombie.

Myrrh.gif

Exa

Exa

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationItaly

Sorry, I'm too lazy to go fishing for chapters, but I agree, there have been many hints scattered around that his grandpa resurrected his mom when he was a child, and even his little sister seems to have vague memories of it; in the anime, Chihiro has a flashback to that effect while visiting his uncle's house too.

Mad_Scientist

Mad_Scientist

Potato

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationStuck between a rock and a hard place.

I think his mother is involed...

That would probably be one heck of an Oedipus Complex...

"I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that."

"I ain't such a saint that I can promise to risk my life for strangers. Neither am I scum enough to sit quietly by while people are getting hurt before my eyes"

prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationTiensha

oh come on.. oedipus complex is norm nowadays... lol