Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Hello!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

wEr4

wEr4

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,068 posts

Hmm ... I think I have, if it's what I think it is xD could you explain a bit more about it?

As for genres, I guess it's mixed. Drama, comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life and action and tragedy ... x3 when I write a story I just write what pops up in my head, kind of, but I guess that's that.

What do you write? :3

I actually discovered how much I liked to write when we got assignments from our teacher every week in middle school. So, I guess I owe my teach quite a bit!
Yeah I like describing stuff too. I like trying to write short and simple while describing stuff, so it's easy to read but you still get a clear image. I tend to write a bit much sometimes, though xD

I actually thought about that x3 but then I don't know how often I'll be able to update, and it felt a bit funny posting writings when I just joined ... so I ended up deciding to wait a bit until I got some stuff in English stored xD And I'm no pro! I just write cause ... well, the stuff just pops up in my head.

Here, wiki explains better than me: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_verse

Ah, yesh. That is indeed nice. Until recently, I never imagined I'd end up writing a romance story lol.

But I guess it just sort of evolved from a slice of life.

I'm actually like you in the matter, I write whatever pops in my head. Some days it's psychological torture, other's its a sappy romance scene. :blush:

Hmm? I'm actually writing a novel (Thriller/Drama), a short novel(Psychological) and a KN(Slice of life/Romance). The KN's the only thing that's half-way finished xD

And aww...Don't worry about that. Post your stories whenever you feel comfortable. I look forward to reading them. XD
Posted Image

Rien ne pèse tant qu'un secret...

Frost

Frost

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,862 posts
  • LocationLost in dreams of other worlds
Oh do you write in another language other than English? That's even more impressive.

I'm pretty envious of you two, to be honest though I did say I enjoyed writing it takes me a while to actually write something and even after I write it, I reread it a bunch of times always trying to fix something and I feel like that breaks the flow sometimes.

Poems are especially hard for me, with the exception of haikus lol.

you should post some of your works too, Fake a smile!

signature.jpg

wEr4

wEr4

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,068 posts

Oh do you write in another language other than English? That's even more impressive.

I'm pretty envious of you two, to be honest though I did say I enjoyed writing it takes me a while to actually write something and even after I write it, I reread it a bunch of times always trying to fix something and I feel like that breaks the flow sometimes.

Ah, don't be. I generally read a lot for inspiration XD

Actually, I have this trick (well, kinda like that) for me where I wear my headphones, listen to music and just...write xD Shut off the rest of the world completely for a few moments so that things flow in my mind naturally to the tune of the music. Of course, that sometimes means I have to listen to particular genres for particular scenes.

Oh rereading your stuff is completely normal. It's like you just go berserk trying to make it flow. But I know some people who refuse to work on something again which they've deemed 'finished' just so they don't tarnish it's quality. xD

O: What are haikus?

And I have, Frost. ^_^

Well, the prologue of the short novel anyway.
Posted Image

Frost

Frost

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,862 posts
  • LocationLost in dreams of other worlds
Haikus are a short form of Japanese poetry. English Haikus are composed of three lines: the first line is usually 5 syllables the second line - 7 syllables and the last line 5 syllables again which as you can imagine is pretty easy to write. But there are many different variations: with only two lines, one lines etc.

Here's an example (I didn't write this credit goes to whoever did):
The green leaves are gone
Missing all the memories
Autumn please don't come

Oh I'll check that out lol haven't been in that part of the forums for a while

signature.jpg

n/aㅤㅤ

n/aㅤㅤ

Potato

• Members
  • 157 posts
Nice to meet you, Missie~
ヾ=(^∇^)=

Edited by ☆Snazzy☆Zombie☆Mudkip☆, 20 August 2012 - 06:14 PM.

wEr4

wEr4

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,068 posts

Haikus are a short form of Japanese poetry. English Haikus are composed of three lines: the first line is usually 5 syllables the second line - 7 syllables and the last line 5 syllables again which as you can imagine is pretty easy to write. But there are many different variations: with only two lines, one lines etc.

Here's an example (I didn't write this credit goes to whoever did):
The green leaves are gone
Missing all the memories
Autumn please don't come

Oh I'll check that out lol haven't been in that part of the forums for a while

Whoaa...Sounds a lot restrictive lol. You have my respect for doing that. xD

Okay. Don't be shy to tell me what you think.
Posted Image

OrangeSalsa

OrangeSalsa

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
nice to meet you and welcome to batoto

Virzel

Virzel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • LocationHaunted Mansion
hello there.. Welcome to batoto..
hope you like stay in here..

7.jpg

5.jpg

MissWriter

MissWriter

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationThe Night Circus!

Here, wiki explains better than me: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_verse

Ah, yesh. That is indeed nice. Until recently, I never imagined I'd end up writing a romance story lol.

But I guess it just sort of evolved from a slice of life.

I'm actually like you in the matter, I write whatever pops in my head. Some days it's psychological torture, other's its a sappy romance scene. :blush:

Hmm? I'm actually writing a novel (Thriller/Drama), a short novel(Psychological) and a KN(Slice of life/Romance). The KN's the only thing that's half-way finished xD

And aww...Don't worry about that. Post your stories whenever you feel comfortable. I look forward to reading them. XD

Now I understand xD yep I've written in freeverse. I don't really think about what kind of poem I want to write, so sometimes it gets a little messy, but most of the time I have rhymes here and there. I agree that sometimes it breaks the flow, but when I write poems it's mostly what I think of at the moment, so I guess it's kind of mixed.

Haha, yeah, sometimes I start writing something with a certain idea in mind then all of a sudden it's turned into something entirely different! Do you have your story here on batoto? It would be fun to read it, if you don't mind ^^

Oh, yes, I know that :) but for me it also means I've got lots of unfinished stories because I always get new ideas.

I have like ... two, maybe three, shorter stories that I've finished x3 the rest's got a long way to go.

Hehe sounds good :3

Well, English isn't my mother language so ... yep! xD Hehe thanks! But I've read so much manga and so many novels in English that I'd be angry with myself if I hadn't learned to write by now x3

Oh, I reread and edit a lot! And sometimes I have a great idea and I start writing, but then I don't know how to continue it ... And it happens that some things I write just don't make sense, and then I get so frustrated because sometimes I don't really know how to fix it ...

I haven't written so many haikus, actually. But I like reading them.

And thanks for all the welcomes! ^.^
A girl with quiet laughter
entered a Circus of the Night
A boy with hands full of magic
came to meet her at the gate