Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The Dark Knight

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
  • LocationThe World I Designed
I watched the dark knight again for the 3rd time and I still enjoy it. Why do you guys think that the dark knight is so much better than batman begins? Or what's your favorite scene of the movie?

Edited by Zero King, 11 August 2012 - 11:17 AM.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
well batman begins was not bad, it had to tell us the story about how bruce wayne became batman. after that was established they could focus more on the villains, other characters and so on, thats why the dark knight is more enjoyable. again, without batman begins they couldn´t have done something like the dark knight.

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationLost in the Echo
Well, in my opinion, yeah, they were able to do this because of the other movies, however, they made the Dark Knight a little more realistic in a way. It seems more plausable. Like you said, Hero, they explained how Batman came to be, and where he learned how to do what he does. The characters seem more solid, and the fact that the concepts for the gadgets and vehicles are TOTALLY awesome. Also, Morgan Freeman's character, Fox, I thought it was a fantastic idea to have him introduced into the series, because it explains how Batman got most of the things he works with.

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Need staff help? You can go to Staff Support.
Need site help? You can go to Batoto Support.
You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.
If all else fails you can feel free to send me a PM.

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
I did like how they introduced fox but I hated how they replaced Katie Holmes with the other girl.
I'm surprised no one mentioned heath ledger and the joker.
I felt that Christian bale and heath ledger worked well together in their scenes. I enjoyed seeing the story behind 2 face as well, it was way different from the previous movie.

Edited by Zero King, 12 August 2012 - 01:03 AM.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

... I hated how they replaced Katie Holmes with the other girl.

the fans wanted them to change the katie homes...

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~

they offered her the part, but she decided to do another movie instead, that's why they had to change the actress

biiiiiiig mistake for her lol

Edited by eleventy-one, 12 August 2012 - 07:07 AM.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

they offered her the part, but she decided to do another movie instead, that's why they had to change the actress

biiiiiiig mistake lol

taken from wiki "...Holmes is OK", was its critic's sole remark on her performance. She was nominated for a Golden Raspberry for "worst supporting actress" for the film."

no really, they didn´t want her.

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~
http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/celebrity/celebrityheadlines/996729/katie-holmes-batman-blunder

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/celebrity/celebrityheadlines/996729/katie-holmes-batman-blunder

you win^^

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts

I did like how they introduced fox but I hated how they replaced Katie Holmes with the other girl.
I'm surprised no one mentioned heath ledger and the joker.
I felt that Christian bale and heath ledger worked well together in their scenes. I enjoyed seeing the story behind 2 face as well, it was way different from the previous movie.

I guess the reason for that is they have a hard time with it, because of the fact that Heath Ledger killed himself because of the portrayal. At least thats what's said, anyway. I though he did a fantastic job, and its a shame that it drove him insane.

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
I know what you mean about Katie Holmes but I wished they picked a better girl to replace her with.

With heath ledger the dark knight was his best movie, he showed a whole different side to him. I was sad when I heard he died, but at least he can be proud that he went out with a bang (referring to him leaving this world after his best performance).

Edited by Zero King, 12 August 2012 - 09:11 AM.

wEr4

wEr4

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,068 posts

You could see she had this weird half-smile in some of the scenes which were like...Wtf, is she smiling? >.>

With heath ledger the dark knight was his best movie, he showed a whole different side to him. I was sad when I heard he died, but at least he can be proud that he went out with a bang (referring to him leaving this world after his best performance).

Say what you will, but I think the second movie's script was a bit weaker compared to the third film. In the last one, the script was clearly supporting the villain (Bane) a lot.

However, yes, by far Heath Ledger's performance as the Clown Prince of Crime was the best villain in all of the trilogy.

I was a bit perturbed that they'd think Joker would just sit idly by as Bane destroys (his) gotham in the last film. But of course they couldn't put the joker in it :/
Posted Image

Rien ne pèse tant qu'un secret...

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
Yes Christopher Nolan, the director, said he will never allow them to mention the joker as respect to heath ledger. So we will not see him or hear about him

There was way more action in dark knight than batman begins.

I have not seen the new batman but hopefully soon I will.

Edited by Zero King, 12 August 2012 - 10:03 AM.

wEr4

wEr4

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,068 posts

Yes Christopher Nolan, the director, said he will never allow them to mention the joker as respect to heath ledger. So we will not see him or hear about him

There was way more action in dark knight than batman begins.

I have not seen the new batman but hopefully soon I will.

:o you haven't seen it yet? Go see it soon. Actually you know what, scratch that. See it now. Drop everything and just go see it.
Posted Image

Rien ne pèse tant qu'un secret...

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
-.-
I so want to see the new one....
~Sniffles.~

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Aote

Aote

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 713 posts
  • LocationCloud 8

-.-
I so want to see the new one....
~Sniffles.~

You still haven't seen it....?

About that...

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
Nope, sadly not.

The theatres where I live are way too costly.

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest
I'm going to watch The Dark Knight rises in theaters today.
Really excited to watch it.

On-Topic: The battle of Gotham's soul is only one of the reasons why it's so much better than Batman begins.But i'm not saying that begins is all that bad since after all, it's an origin story of batman in this reboot.

sigpic578_26.gif

Aote

Aote

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 713 posts
  • LocationCloud 8
I might have missed something...But I personally think that the movie "The Dark Knight" was really good...Maybe even tied with the last one.

I loved the Joker so...I might be sort of biased. But I thought the Joker was a better villain.

About that...

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
The joker is a better villain