Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Automatic Deletion

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Arka

Arka

Potato

• Members
  • 159 posts
Wouldn't it be a good idea of accounts that are left "inactive" for a certain period of time to be automatically deleted? Like how Hotmail deletes an email account if there was no activity for 9 months... If no-one's signed in for that long, surely it means they no longer intend to use that account, so the account could be deleted. It could reduce burden on the server, or something...

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...
Well, the thing that differentiates your forum account from your email address is that your account here is your identity. With an email address you can have as many as you need and if you lose one you could just make another one. If you lose your account here someone could basically claim it as their own; hilarity ensues.

With that being said, I (think I) know some forums that implement an automatic account deletion after a year of inactivity - Bakabt one notable example (I think). So it is implementable. It's gonna be based on the admin then.

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

Dafortminor

Dafortminor

Omnipotence

• Global Mods
  • 752 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
I know a forum that if you do not make 5 post or something, they delete you, you have around 7 sevens to make 5 non spam forum post
Best and fastest way to contact me is via Discord: Daffy#9194.

foxyeisenhower

foxyeisenhower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 795 posts
  • LocationKONY 2013 STOP SOPA RIP Spider-man too soon
this site is about the online manga reader not the forum lol
Spoiler

Dafortminor

Dafortminor

Omnipotence

• Global Mods
  • 752 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
it has a forum with the online reader, and there are many inactive people that never post nor do they log in again

hados9

hados9

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 352 posts
  • LocationIn line for Moderator
well i think it doesnt really matter if their are inactive accounts or not so meh in my point of view

Dedicated Uploader- Hados9

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts
  • LocationMelancholy Hill~
Main purpose of people who register in Batoto is, creating their follow list and read their manga in peace.
From 26114 people, who are member of Batoto, just 1000~3000 of them interested in posting and being active.
So it is not a good idea to delete other 23114 account in order to make something faster.

Batoto is not only a forum, it is something much better than a forum or a online reader.
But new suggestions are always welcome in here, for the bright future of Batoto ^_^

Thanks

Edited by Leonardo Le Meilleur, 12 August 2012 - 06:02 PM.

Steam   Playlist   Tumblr   Watchlist   M.A.List

Spoiler

Dafortminor

Dafortminor

Omnipotence

• Global Mods
  • 752 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
i did also mention they never log in again

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
I don't think that it would actually mean much resource wise.

Arka

Arka

Potato

• Members
  • 159 posts
But you'd have to log-in (counts as being active) to see your Follows O_O If you're not logged in, you can't see your follows--->not logging in ever again = inactive

OmniPotent

OmniPotent

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationQuébec, Canada
I don't get why you think it's important to delete those accounts... Even if they don't log in, I don't really care personally. They are the one who penalize themselves when they don't take part in this great community...

S.C.

S.C.

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationThe Epicenter of Indifference
Sounds like something that could royally backfire. So no, I don't think that's a very good idea.

Posted Image

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon
One of my friends spends nine months out of the year up in Alaska doing Processing or some stuff like that.. so I think he'd be royally pissed if his account was gone and he lost all his bookmarks >_>

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA
I occasionally take long breaks from things, so if you guys could not delete my account for inactivity that'd be pretty swell.

"This statement is not true."

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
Zombie thread...

We won't be deleting any account based on pruning. I don't think it's a wise idea. And not exactly a problem either unless we start hitting facebook size of hundreds of millions of users.