Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

~ LATEST CHAPTER DISCUSSION! ~

Lessa Rainold Burger Rano Deman Latest chapter discussion Lucy Burger

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Hanan-chan

Hanan-chan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFairyland, where unicorns fart butterflies!
Hello mates!
Here is a latest chapter discussion thread for us to use, instead of always writing in the comments area!

So here we go!
Another really promising webtoon, I really like it so far!
We already got to see what became of the missing Lucy Rano is still looking for. I'm really curious about how people become Demans. Don't the people just die after getting their soul sucked out?

Arka

Arka

Potato

• Members
  • 159 posts
The scanlated chapters are actually very close to the raw chapters since Lessa is new, so we have no idea on how humans become demans even if someone read the raws. Maybe demans can either 1) suck out their victims' souls or 2) "turn" humans they like into demans. Or maybe like in Vampire Knight where it's more or less at random. I find it strange how demans need fangs to suck out people's souls, and they actually leave a big mess behind when feeding. Demans could be more similar to vampires than demons...

Edited by Arka, 10 August 2012 - 02:49 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
Yeah, this is pretty good so for, looking forward to more. I guess I'm thinking maybe Lucy became a deman when the big event happened. Of course maybe not too, there must be some way they can increase their numbers other than just sucking out souls and killing humans.

Tn7HA0h.png

Hanan-chan

Hanan-chan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 58 posts
They catched up to the raws at naver! YAY!

There are low class demans and high class, so maybe only the higher ranked demans can make humans to demans, like Ares and his gang for example.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

They catched up to the raws at naver! YAY!

There are low class demans and high class, so maybe only the higher ranked demans can make humans to demans, like Ares and his gang for example.

Yup, that seems like a pretty good possibility. Since the story is just starting I'm looking forward to more chapters in the future and watching how things unfold. Should be good....

Tn7HA0h.png

Hanan-chan

Hanan-chan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 58 posts
So, that marks the end of the prelude!

That was pretty scary how that deman even stomped on the dog and after that spouting out all the eaten souls! Just what could be the reason for that be?!

I fell so much for Rano, getting his beloved sister, only still living relative, declared as dead just after one year!

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
A good chapter, it answered the question I was most curious about, whether Lucy disappeared later or during the initial appearance of the demans. So now we at least know she's been with the demans from the start, whether willingly or not. Good stuff, now to wait till next friday for more.

Tn7HA0h.png

Hanan-chan

Hanan-chan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 58 posts
Lessa definitely got me there xD
Can't wait to see what the bio prof has to say to Lessa's special blood!

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Lessa definitely got me there xD
Can't wait to see what the bio prof has to say to Lessa's special blood!

You're right, Lessa's actions so far make him out to be quite a contradiction compared to the other demans we've seen

Tn7HA0h.png

Arka

Arka

Potato

• Members
  • 159 posts
Hmm, in the latest chapter, they have applicants... for becoming demans? Maybe now we can see how demans are made :D

Hanan-chan

Hanan-chan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 58 posts
It really looks like it. The question how humans can even turn into demans will be the first one to be answered it seems. Can't wait for the answer! It looked like some kind of sect ceremony, like some fraternity pledging! I'm curious whether the humans know what they will get turned into!

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Well, chapter 12 was interesting. We got to see a Deman being ,made, found out they're actually selective (just being a criminal psycho isn't good enough) and we found out Lucy doesn't really dig the situation she's in. I'm still wondering about the initial event that created the mass groups of Demans though, which is probably (my guess) when it happened to Lucy. I mean, there was a sudden outbreak with riots and mass killings at that time, so I'm personally guessing it was some sort of great big event that involuntarily created a lot of Demans all at once and Lucy was one of the people who just happened to get caught up in it. I guess we'll find out eventually.

Tn7HA0h.png

Hanan-chan

Hanan-chan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 58 posts
Maybe one of their vapor tanks or a trunk transporting their vapor accidently broke and converted a lot of humans. Those are the ones ranked low.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Maybe one of their vapor tanks or a trunk transporting their vapor accidently broke and converted a lot of humans. Those are the ones ranked low.

You could well be right, it might be something like that. I've got a feeling we'll find out more about the actual event, or just how the Demans showed up all of a sudden, in the future. It's certainly going to bear on Lucy's character and how exactly she ended up as an unhappy Deman in the first place.

Tn7HA0h.png

Arka

Arka

Potato

• Members
  • 159 posts
Anybody notice how Lessa's text bubbles are blue compared to the other demans' red? A testament to his specialness ;-)

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
The Lucy thing is starting to feel like a real bummer. To me it's very much starting to feel like she's almost a prisoner. Maybe not literally, but it really seems like she's an unwilling participant in all this. I get the idea she was turned into a Deman against her will and is now trapped by it, even if she left the Deman group she'd be an outcast and probably killed on sight. Oh well, I guess we'll see.

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
new chps up on Naver

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=478262&no=15&weekday=fri

Tn7HA0h.png

Solipsist

Solipsist

Potato

• Members
  • 171 posts
The latest event with Lucy was a total garrulous anus vomit from the author, I hate when people use the trope "I must avoid you to protect you" bullcrap.
The author did not even do it in a way we would BUY the fact that Belle is a monster, or that Rano is incompetent. For 18 chapters, Rano played the complete badass and was even called a 'hero' by a kid merely by gospel via the internet, the author inflated Rano's abilities so much the reader has no choice but to believe that he truly is a hero; and then comes Lucy, knocking him out by the claim : "Rescuing me means you dying, I know better."
...Are we supposed to believe that? Seriously?
That plot device is worn out, it's a bloody dead horse. Using such a flimsy excuse to lengthen the plot is absurd; we all know that Rano will not give up, he is going to try to save her anyway, presumably with even more bangs than before. So what makes the author think that allowing a lugubrious Woobie character prevent her own rescue? Because the whole objective of the plot will be over?
...The fact she was presented as a tortured character even irritates me further, are we supposed to feel sorry for her for her 'noble sacrifice' to not involve her brother in this after she bitched and moaned how much she wants out? fffff....

Hey, Author: You got a pretty good story here with pretty good characters, but for the love of fuck and biscuits; learn to bloody write.
Yes, I am quite pissed off. This is one of a lame excuse to lengthen the plot post-event / post-encounter. Jeez.

Edited by Solipsist, 20 October 2012 - 08:25 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
@Solipsist

Yup, I quit liking the characters and the direction the story was going in a few chapter ago. Good luck with it though, different strokes for different folks I always say.

Tn7HA0h.png

mihaela7

mihaela7

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
The author said some really strange things.
That he's flying to Korea soon. Isn't he there now?
How he has forgotten Korean. How can that be since the webtoon is in Korean? :unsure:

Posted Image