Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Chapter one, first two pages discussion

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

oliverwashere

oliverwashere

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Locationthe chasm of sleep
Seeing as how the comment section can be potentially flooded by theories, I thought we could organize them in a thread for future reference and I-Told-You-So's. And does anybody have any idea how long it will take for these scenes to be realized? Definitely after the Kuroneko-is-childhood-friend reveal, but how long after?

Redzero36 proposed doppelgangers after citing Christopher's shadow seen on page two.

Personally, Kuroneko's eyes in page1ch1 make me think the alien took her over and MC is raging at it. Though precedence from the author might make Kuroneko developing another personality or voice in her head (Lucy and Yuuta-ghost)more likely.

Anybody have anything else I might have missed?

Firaga

Firaga

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
maybe it's just a possible future...

ALAKTORN

ALAKTORN

Fingerling Potato

• Chocolat Vanilla
  • 71 posts
I can only say that it will be one fucked up ending, and I’m sad already.

Unsuspectingvisitor

Unsuspectingvisitor

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
I also think that that Neko is a doppelganger. If you look closely she doesn't have anything on her arms and her shoes are different than what she usually wears. She doesn't react at all from being stab to her death. Not reacting to something like that is definitely not a human so I think it's an alien. Another thing, the shadow we seen probably came from the Neko we saw in page 3. I can't explain it though but it's definitely her shadow.

Edited by Unsuspectingvisitor, 25 November 2012 - 06:59 AM.

Blue Flaming Wings

Blue Flaming Wings

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

I'm not at all sure what to think of the first few pages.

I'm tempted to say that the destruction was caused by the "Magicians", after Ryouta finds the Research Facility and frees them. Given what we've seen in the latest chapters, this is a definite possibility. However, that still doesn't explain why Ryouta would blame Kuroneko for it - since she is living just fine in civilized society - and even wants to use her powers to save as many lives as she can. Also, the shadow and the fact that Kuroneko is wearing some strange headpiece we've never seen before on page 3 seems to indicate that the doppleganger theory has some merit.

The problem with this, however, is that Ryouta's last comment, "If only you had stayed dead" doesn't make sense with the doppleganger theory. Unless it's some completely new character, who is going to appear to die in a future chapter only to come back again. But the comment itself, plus the "If only you didn't exist" seems far too harsh from him towards his childhood friend and love interest - alleged world destroyer or not.

So, yeah, I have no idea how the story will build up to those initial pages. And I'm a bit afraid to find out.

Because I've gotten tired of people trying to hire me to write ...

naren

naren

Potato

• Contributor
  • 187 posts

i think it is alien who has power to duplicate others and ryouta thought that neko(dupilcate) who destructing the world and ryouta killed neko(dupilcate).and after killing her when he turns back neko (real) is there.thats wat i think.but it is very sad in very first page.

Edited by naren, 25 April 2013 - 08:56 AM.

Spoiler

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

-.-

Here's my analysis:

Spoiler

Well, the interpretation depends HEAVILY on whether you've looked into the RAWs (more particular, the story starting from chapter 58 upwards9

So, here are the interpretations if you did NOT touch the RAWs:

-) The scenery is on some kind of cliff, at a place for watching the city below (well, what's left of it) and it is obvious that things went pretty ugly and that MANY people died

-) The MC obviosly INTENTLY stabbed Kuroneko (earlier, it proved impossible to overwrite his memories and the magic user who could do that is already dead)

-) Him saying: "If only you stayed dead" obviosly refers to the time when she dropped down the dam back along with the MC

They told the MC that she died immediately (obviosly a lie) so that's why he said that she was supposed to be dead anyways

-) He seems to hold her responsible for what happened to the city (and something else too, maybe) and that's why he stabbed her

-) On the second page, on the lowest part, you can see the shadow (only the shadow) of a girl with long hair (up to now, the only character we saw up to now that has this haircut is Kuroneko, but at that time she's on the ground with a 

knife in her chest

Conclusion:

Something went TERRIBLY wrong and the MC was forced to kill Kuroneko, while we can see a girl in the background...

As the MC turns his back to her and doesn't seem to pay any attention to her, we can assume that she is an ally or at least not an enemy at the moment when that happens

Sooo, and now the same, but with the incorporation of the RAWs:

Spoiler

Edited by Harbinger, 07 July 2013 - 10:34 PM.

Looking for translated light novels?

Baka - Tsuki

There are MANY translated light novels, including Highschool DxD, Toaru Majutsu no index, Infinite Stratos, Seirei tsukai no kenbu AND Date a live (the Manga adaption of which got cancelled after chapter 6)

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

I will give you a hint: 

The scene happens in chapter 95

Looking for translated light novels?

Baka - Tsuki

There are MANY translated light novels, including Highschool DxD, Toaru Majutsu no index, Infinite Stratos, Seirei tsukai no kenbu AND Date a live (the Manga adaption of which got cancelled after chapter 6)