Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera Season 2 discussion Raws ,Till the end of the Rift 10(closed )

• Please log in to reply
4431 replies to this topic

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
This Monday thing is inconvenient. I don't like to sleep late on Weekdays. ;_;

Google Translation for the week:
--
Ran is thinking that something didn't seem right. Leez notes that Yuta isn't there. At that point Ran hears "Danger!" But Leez didn't hear that. He wonders if he was hallucinating, but realizes that it wasn't Leez' voice, but maybe Yuta's transcendental. He decides to start casting a spell in case there's something dangerous around, but he is stopped by Asha, who tells him not to risk other people's lives by using magic without calculations (I think).

--
Praul Ajes (look, an Ajes!) from the Atera Magic School is noting that he's late for the important meeting. He comes across Ruche, and asks her what she's doing there. She tells him not to talk to her. He's wondering why she's not in the meeting, then realizes that the meeting ended.

The people are saying stuff like how they're still shaking and how they're glad they're still alive. Some are saying that they were lucky that they kept their mouths shut in the hall, while others had to hurry and donate 1000 gold coins to the temple (lol) so they won't end up on the train to hell (LOL). So, Praul notes that Brilith really did summon Agni, and decides he has to study if the ability is genetic. He notes that Ruche was quite sharp, since she noticed the summoning before anybody else. Ruche says she's glad for a little bit of praise, and how she's feeling so sick (of it all). Praul asks if she needs recovery magic, and she thanks him sarcastically. (wonder why Ruche is so upset. Just because Agni presented himself as Brilith's lover?)

So, Brilith is asking why it is that Agni's revealing himself now, and if that's so why it is that she had to hide him for 10 years. I think she's asking why she isn't experiencing a penalty, and is thinking about her life span (not sure though). Agni is thinking back at his conversation with Yama.

Yama asks: Isn't it strange? Agni's insight could only see 10 years of her life, and he couldn't see beyond that. Yama knows the reason, but he won't tell him, because on the same day he'll lose his qualifications (I am Really really not sure about this, confirmation would be nice!). He can tell that Agni went to him to prevent the shortening of her life, but in the end, everything will be worthless. ( D: )

Agni decides to tell her that he was just hiding because if he gets found out, it'd be annoying. At that moment Kasak shows up, and Agni said that he wanted to talk to him, the "Son of the Destruction Dragon." Airi in the meantime pulls Lorraine away telling her not to eavesdrop.

--
Leez is saying that they lost Yuta, but Yuta shows up. She's relieved and suggests holding hands (aww!) so they won't get separated, but Yuta refuses. She apologizes, asking if he doesn't like holding hands. Yuta hands her his sword (so he's handing her Garuda's sword? D: Unless he just made one that looked like Garuda's), and Leez says it's confusing without the handbook, but okay, she'll carry it, so let's go. But at that point Yuta gets caught.

The systems indicate a system error, and the operators indicate that the Leather Bondages are working normally: the first goal was replaced by the Half. The capture is a success.

Ran is asking what's going on, but Asha tells him to wait, as it's not a normal trap. Ran objects that Yuta was caught, and Asha adds that not only that, they will soon disappear. Ran asks "What?" while Leez calls out Yuta's name.

Next Chapter: Blood*
(or Leather, whatever, since they're pronounced the same according to Kareia D: )
--

Wah! It's another cliffhanger! ;_; Wah!

We didn't get a scanlation this week by the way. Hopefully the scanlators are just busy because of the end of summer, I hope nothing bad happened to any of them like getting sick of the likes. D:

So anyway, why did Yuta hand Leez the sword?
- Did it suppress her Transcendental Value so the Leather Bondage would change targets?
- Or is it just to hand her something to protect herself with?
- He could have forced the Leather Bondage to change targets on his own.

Edited by Mizura, 04 September 2012 - 12:31 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
very interesting chapter, indeed @,@

(Just had an idea of the "if he does say, he will lost his qulifications" could i have something to do about Yama being & doing what he does? the qualifications of being the of death? Just a random thought :I)

AAAAAnd yet again another of those damned cliffhangers-_- in both parts, is it just me or is Currygom doing more like SIU (author of ToG) with all these cliffhangers?-_-'

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts
Lol, a double cliffhanger, one for each city. Thank you, Currygom.

That's a good point - maybe Yama's name is in danger too? But he refuses to do anything because he's Yama?

Edited by themantarays, 03 September 2012 - 05:10 PM.

Yasma

Yasma

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
Uff... Few hours after release and this chapter still has 10 points rating.Very nice chapter indeed (even though I understand only a little).

I wonder why Asha used her cloak to cover Ran's mouth. I'd say Asha understands Ran a little too well. She always knows what he is going to do and stops him from acting on instinct.

Edited by Yasma, 03 September 2012 - 06:08 PM.

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts
Perhaps the sword hid his transcendental value? Or perhaps the sword has one itself. o.O Technically it is part of Garuda... I'm going to take a wild guess that he left it with Leez because there'd be a conflict? The sword and the cloak belong to two different clans. Maybe he can't access Chaos powers while he still has it.

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
Or he may've guessed that something is after him since used it, (when he turns around towards whatever in cv.102/103 Or whenever. You know what they say; better safe then sorry". Just a hunch anyway.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Chiral

Chiral

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUK
I think Yuta gave Leez his sword for safekeeping (reasonable since the fan-weilding lady is a rare weapons collector). After that I think he raised his trancendental value to be higher than Leez's (he was hiding it earlier) so the cloak would go after him instead. It was higher than the limit on the measuring system which is why it showed 'ERROR' on the screen.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
That makes sense, Chiral. How does Yuta know that the girl is after the sword though? Or maybe he handed the sword to Leez so that he'd be able to find her later. fiveseconds, that's also plausible. Maybe the sword suppresses his chaos side to a point, so by handing it over, he can tell the bondages "lookie, it's Me!" Say, if those are Leez's future clothes, I wonder how she gets them then. Yuta didn't just take it and hand it over to Leez, right? It'd be funny to see Leez' face upon getting such a "gift."

... come to think about it, I was worried about the fact that Yuta never makes it past the checkpoint, so does that mean he's stuck outside? But this city's barriers are powered by the Temples of Chaos and Earth. I doubt Kali's barrier would be doing anything against him, and as for the Earth barrier, is it even up since the supposed successor lost the bracelet? In the worst case, God Kubera could intervene again. Anyway, in the starting trailer, it doesn't seem they'll part yet.

And on the qualification part, I think it's talking about Agni, but it could be something as benign as "You don't deserve to know by then" (because you're beating the sh*t out of me for a girl). Still, I'm not sure.

You know, at first I wondered why Asha was using her cloak to shut Ran, but then I realized that maybe she just doesn't want to touch him directly? xD I wonder why all these chapters were called "Lost"... Usually Currygom's titles are very descriptive, but I'm not sure what it's supposed to indicate here.

Currygom's old characters look really old. xD Prawl (or however that's spelled) looks closer to 90 than 45. xD

Edit: Hey, Praul's profile is up! (in the same part as Jibril's). So the spelling is Praul Ajes.

Praul Ajes,
Human (Quarter), appearance 45 years-old (actual age 90 years-old)
Marut-Marut-Surya
Magic Rank A, Magic Ranking #7 (whoa! Right beneath Airi!), Director of Atera Magic School? (not sure)
184 cm (188 cm with heels), 75kg

I think it's saying that he's separated from Jibril by 9 generations, and from Brilith by 10 generations. So they can't really be considered relatives. Brilith also doesn't think of him as a relative. However, he was known to have been acquainted with Jibril somewhat (they were partners in the magic exam). He rarely meets Brilith aside from in public.

When he was young, he was on Taitarika, where a famous Dragon Half lived (it would be 300 years-old if it were still alive). He got married late and was tied down with 2 children. Before that he wanted to retire and to relax for the rest of his life (he had enough money). But his wife threatened him to keep working until his children graduate from the academy.

Praul has 2 children, who are fraternal twins. They don't resemble him in appearance or magic (but are very similar to the mother). Many question if they're really his kids, but Praul says they are so there is no room for arguments.

--
lol, only "45" and already wants to retire? D: As I said all the middle-aged characters in this series look really old. Maybe the trauma of N0 caused them to age faster too? ...

Edited by Mizura, 04 September 2012 - 01:50 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

iniwini

iniwini

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
I don't get the qualification part but we know Kubera will stop being a god maybe agni will too because of the same thing

MoonGoddess

MoonGoddess

Potato

• Members
  • 112 posts
Kubera Season 2 is getting exciting now. I know the scanlators are busy but I am suffering from Kubera withdrawal symptoms!

Thanks for keeping us informed, Mizura! You're the best! You keep me alive! Hehehe!

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
lol, indeed. We'll soon have to get used to the 1/week schedule though. xD Also, only two more chapters of The Finite left, one this week, one in two weeks. I wonder if there will be an epilogue too?

Oh yeah, overview of Magicians so far:

#1: ??
#2: ??
#3: Laila Hemawati (Quarter), AA, Triple Chandra, Rindhallow Priestess of Darkness
#4: Lorraine Rartia (Pureblood), AA, Triple Brahma
#5: Asha Rahiro (Pureblood), A++, Marut/Indra/Vayu
#6: Airi Yui (Pureblood), A+, Asvins/Asvins/Kubera
#7: Praul Ajes (Quarter), A+, Marut/Marut/Surya

#9: Teo Rakan (Quarter), A+

#13: Huan Sairofe (Pureblood), A, Triple Varuna, Mistyshore Priest of Water

#18: Agwen Rajof (Quarter), A, Triple Agni

#21: Eline Haias (Pureblood), A, Triple Asvins

#23: Rana Reimia (Pureblood), A, Triple Asvins

#30: Brilith Ruin (Pureblood), A, Triple Agni, Atera Priestess of Fire

Incomplete:
- Jibril Ajes was classified as the strongest of her time I think. Triple Agni, Priestess of Fire.
- ??: One of the four AAs, she is a quarter and also a stronger fighter. (her profile doesn't say much more unfortunately)
- Lutz Seiran (Quarter), Triple Brahma, Eloth Priest of Creation
- Ruche Seiran (Quarter), Triple Vayu
- Peil Sairofe (Pureblood), Brahma/Asvins/Brahma
- Bunch of other magicians in Atera

Edited by Mizura, 04 September 2012 - 02:34 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts
Mizura, you're the best. I tried to google translate his profile when you said you'd be late, and I couldn't understand any of it.

Is it possible the two green-haired kids who were stealing from the library were his kids? "Has your dad taught you nothing at all?"

Oh, yeah, that was really obvious. Darn memory.

Edited by themantarays, 04 September 2012 - 03:31 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Yes, those are his kids. You can also see them hanging onto him at the end of the war on Atera. The profile also had their pics. They really look nothing like him. xD

3492bk6.jpg

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts
?? Isn't it Lutz Sairoffe since he's Ran's brother? His rank is probably pretty high (top 20?) being the priest of Eloth. Also has Ran been assigned a rank yet? Technically he hasn't graduated, although he has no business with Asha and Co. anymore but he's got nowhere to go now that he's stranded. (Maybe a visit to brother dearest soon? :D)

Thanks for the translations!

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Well, we saw all the silhouettes of the AAs at one point:
http://vatoto.com/read/_/7231/kubera_ch25_by_the-company

The one described in the profile sure isn't Lutz, since it's a woman, I don't think it looks like him, but who knows? But if it's Lutz, wouldn't Ran's uncle and aunt have bragged about it? Also, do note that a priest isn't necessarily the highest-ranked magician of that triple attribute.

3492bk6.jpg

DoAru

DoAru

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSeoul, the soul of Korea.
Ran is a BB which means he'd get an A+(or maybe it was A, not sure) but he didnt manage to graduate college. Lol

Ruche is sick because she's so jealous. Lololol

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Oooh, so it was because she was jealous. Why, did she also want a Godly boyfriend? xD You have to be able to risk your life first, missy! Har har. I personally would not want a boyfriend that Literally drains my life and energy. >.>;;;

Oh right, Ran is BB. College graduates are A-rank. If he managed to graduate, and if he weren't so bad at calculations, he could've been AA probably, no? (as things stand though, he Is bad at calculating...) Say, now that he passed the quest, it means he's graduated successfully, so he should get a rank upgrade soon. I wonder if he'll get it once he reaches Kalibloom? Daaarn, why aren't they in Kalibloom YET? T_T

By the way Kareia, what is Yama saying exactly about the qualified or not part? Though, well, I suppose we can wait for the scanlations.

Edited by Mizura, 04 September 2012 - 07:32 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart
I wonder if magicians can improve their rank if they repeat several times the tests? Or is it a once-in-a-lifetime thing?
Posted Image

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
I'm very curious about that fact to!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Tohan

Tohan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi

I wonder if magicians can improve their rank if they repeat several times the tests? Or is it a once-in-a-lifetime thing?

As far as I see it, the magician test doesn't seem to take academic records into consideration while awarding the ranks. The rapid calculation doesn't even make a considerable portion of the scores. It all comes down to holy affinity test and the simulated battle rounds which decide the score and ultimately the rank of a magician, which won't change much over time because the maximum one can score in the battle round depends on the no. of sura orginated, which depends on the person's holy affinity and a pittance of percentage on his/her performance in the rapid calculation round. So unless one goes through a considerable change in the holy affinity aspect, the rank shouldn't change.

Edited by Tohan, 04 September 2012 - 08:05 PM.