Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Can Leez use transcendental magic?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

d4rk

d4rk

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationIn a city hotter than hell.
Well, the thread is pretty self explanatory. Though, i'm slowing getting the feeling that she can use it.... i just don't when she'll be able to. What do you guys think? (i'm still in ch. 66, so don't kill me if i asked something absurd =/ ; EDIT: I'm in chapter 86 now).

EDIT:
Though, i can't help but think about it. If her future is to become extremely powerful, then wouldn't transcendental skills be a plus for Kubera Leez? Even so, i have a very big feeling that this might happen. And i here's my evidence. Doesn't white n' blonde Kubera mention that he'll no long be fit to be a god? If that's so, the only person i believe that can take his place is Kubera Leez, and doesn't this call for, well, transcendental magic? It's all speculations, but meh.

Edited by d4rk, 22 July 2012 - 01:05 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
She probably will, depending on how she masters the "Power of the Name." Right now she is using ordinary spells thanks to the divine affinity in the bracelet, but I wouldn't be surprised if she'll be using unique abilities later on. Also, remember that Asura that attacked her at first? Her bracelet produced a skill that canceled its attack. We haven't seen any other magic type that seems to do that.

Leez will probably be a fighter-type (sword and all), so her skills will be more towards supporting a fighting style, but still. I wonder how the fighting will be, I mean those Suras are friggin' huge. It's not like she'll run around stabbing their toes, is it? x'D

If she manages to get God Kubera's other abilities though, I wonder if she'll also get his "summon riches" ability. x'D

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

OverLord-sama

OverLord-sama

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 81 posts
I can imagine her getting some insanely weird skill....

For some reason I keep thinking along the lines of the special skill used in another anime, which why it's name escapes me idk... (Has thousands of blades suddenly show up and be able to be used)

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Whoo, that would be cool! But, can the Sword of Chaos be multiplied?

I'm still very curious as to how she's supposed to fight mountain-sized Suras. I hope the other items she get don't end up doing something boring like:
- Nullify the Suras' transcendental abilities
- Nullify the Suras' ability to take Sura form

Even though Currygom said that this is a shounen-ish Shoujo, I do want some proper action scenes. o,o

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

OverLord-sama

OverLord-sama

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 81 posts
lol, she could just do what the girl did in the past few chapters. Amp up like a boss and slapping them dead in their face in a single leap xD

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart

For some reason I keep thinking along the lines of the special skill used in another anime, which why it's name escapes me idk... (Has thousands of blades suddenly show up and be able to be used)

Unlimited Blade Works or Gilgamesh's version of it? (Fate/Stay Night)

That would be pretty cool, but for some reason it seems off in Kubera's setting.
Posted Image

RBT

RBT

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 96 posts
Spoiler

Edited by Robert Scarneshteinsky, 23 July 2012 - 09:41 PM.

d4rk

d4rk

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts

Spoiler

Well, it's obvious that she can learn that. What I'm trying to ask here is if Leez will learn how to use a transcendental skill, a skill/ability that only suras/gods can use... a skill is said impossible for humans to learn. Something she'll be able to use without the need of borrowing a god's power, but using only her power.... By the way the story is going, i'm pretty sure that she'll be able to learn something like it.

Edit: Killed the spoiler in my post

Edited by d4rk, 23 July 2012 - 11:58 PM.

DoAru

DoAru

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSeoul, the soul of Korea.
Actually I think its technically possible for humans to use transcendental skills. Currygom says that the reason humans cant use transcendentals is because their transcendental value and vigor is too low. On the other hand some halfs can because their value and vigor is crazy high. So if you have enough vigor and your value is high enough its probably possible to use transcendentals. And yeah, Leez really is a brawl type so she needs magic like hoti kubera to support her. Itd be so cool if Leez uses transcendentals though. theyre like friggin huge. and also cool.

d4rk

d4rk

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
@Kareia
Based on her character, her transcendental skill will be huge compared to what we've seen up till now or just too damn strong to deal with.

Well... what currygom said might apply to the human race as a whole, but.... yeah, Leez isn't normal (finding sub zero water refreshing and enjoyable is beyond me, cracks walls with her fingers.... being able to handle a low-level sura with brute force alone...... yank a full grown tree out of its roots......).

Edited by d4rk, 24 July 2012 - 04:34 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Oooh! That was really interesting to know Kareia! Thanks for the explanation! :D

Huh, so humans have a transcendental value too? I thought they just had divine affinity and fiendish affinity. Ah, about chapter 94...

Spoiler

Speaking of Leez being strong, she even broke through the door of the defense barrier control room to get to Asha. We see a glimpse of that door in a later chapter, with a hole in it, and it didn't look like a normal door. It probably had a strong defense on it as well. Sagara had to change into partial Sura form to break that defense, no?

I think there are several things going on with Leez:

1. Normal-time above-average physical strength and condition. She's strong, fast and can withstand cold. However, this is just the level where she can pick up trees and run faster than quarters, but otherwise the guards in her village considered her speed about the same as a Half. So she's good, but not extraordinary.
2. Blank-out moments, where she shows incredible bursts of strength. Moments include: when she came off the cliff at the start, when she took Asha and leaped over the Temple walls (she thought Asha took her), probably when she broke the temple door, and:
Spoiler
Leez is actually not even aware of this strength, and is actually surprised by the results ("Huh? How did I get off that cliff?")
3. Bracelet-powered strength. Remember that she's been weakened now, but with the bracelet on, she can probably achieve a strength level that exceeds her "1. Normal" strength. Also, she is able to instinctively (?) use magics of sorts, like the black magic that stopped the attack of that Asura Sura. Right now we don't know for sure the range of abilities she can use with her bracelet on.

And lastly...
Spoiler

Edited by Mizura, 24 July 2012 - 04:50 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

yoshi1hero

yoshi1hero

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationThird rock from the sun (I will let you know if it changes)
Wouldn't Leez be more of a fighter who would move in bursts with strong impacts. I honestly don't ever see her using weapons rather I would think that she would only rely on magic's that would improve her physical power I.E. move straight forward at lighting speeds and punch 10 times harder. in the scenes where she has had actions scenes she's always proved her point rather quickly and it's never been drawn out.

buster_azrael

buster_azrael

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Locationasia
hey!!! i wanna ask whats up with leeze's "hoti kubera"? i see her use it in the raws. first, it's color gold like normal, then it turns green!!!

DoAru

DoAru

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSeoul, the soul of Korea.
Oops. Currygom didnt say transcendental value, just vigor. My bad ><
But really, Leez isnt the average Willarv person is she? ._. Its possible that she has one.

Ariatha

Ariatha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationTexas
She has the God's name and all of those additional skills that normal humans lack so it wouldn't be a surprise if she could manage it. If she does, I can imagine it being really strong. I hope it would be.

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts

hey!!! i wanna ask whats up with leeze's "hoti kubera"? i see her use it in the raws. first, it's color gold like normal, then it turns green!!!

Mizura answered that one in the spoilers.

And we're still unclear as to what exactly the power of the name is. Right now the most plausible theory would be for Leez to attain all of Kubera's powers as she is the new "Kubera." But evidently, if he's still alive in the future, he still has to have some godly traits left (like being immortal). I'm... going to have to say I lean toward the no on the transcedentals. Even if she has the power of the name, she was still born human. I think there's probably some heritage limitations that'd prevent her from creating her own magic.

buster_azrael

buster_azrael

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Locationasia

Mizura answered that one in the spoilers.

And we're still unclear as to what exactly the power of the name is. Right now the most plausible theory would be for Leez to attain all of Kubera's powers as she is the new "Kubera." But evidently, if he's still alive in the future, he still has to have some godly traits left (like being immortal). I'm... going to have to say I lean toward the no on the transcedentals. Even if she has the power of the name, she was still born human. I think there's probably some heritage limitations that'd prevent her from creating her own magic.

hmm, hmmm... i see then...so... the "on going theory" is that leeze will "some what" replace the current god kubera in the future? hmm... well, base on the last few translated chapter, that's really the most likely scenario... but i really like it if leeze would have a very cool transcendals! XD but if you will based the transcendals on leeze characteristic, i think it would have something to do with her brute strength! XD

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts
Well she's supposed to be an Oracle now, isn't she? The previous person to use the Golden Knight went from being a Fighter straight to being an Oracle, so really the sky should be the limit for Leez.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Ah, the thing is, we are talking about transcendentals. :)
The magic humans use involves borrowing the power of other beings, like Gods or Nastikas.
Transcendental abilities are when you use your own power to produce an ability.
Humans and quarters usually don't have any inner power to draw on.

We are more interested in transcendentals because if she's limited to normal magic, i.e. drawing from the Gods just like everyone else, it'd also mean that she'd be limited to existing spells (hoti and bhavati spells).

On the other hand, transcendentals seem to be much more diverse. The many different skills God Kubera showed are an example (ranging anywhere from great strength and speed to causing big holes to appear to opening gates between dimensions to summoning gold and mushrooms).

Even a Half like Kasak also had over half a dozen different abilities. Gandharva, before he was weakened, could freely change the terrain to anything he wanted.

Edited by Mizura, 31 July 2012 - 11:37 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Fejknickarn

Fejknickarn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationKyoto, Japan

hmm, hmmm... i see then...so... the "on going theory" is that leeze will "some what" replace the current god kubera in the future? hmm... well, base on the last few translated chapter, that's really the most likely scenario... but i really like it if leeze would have a very cool transcendals! XD but if you will based the transcendals on leeze characteristic, i think it would have something to do with her brute strength! XD

I would like Leez to become the new Kubera god. I hope that also gives her immortality, would like to see leez x yuta even if I personaly think that Leez will end up killing Yuta because of the situation between Maruna and Leez.