Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Is there anyone else that feels like dropping it ?

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
@rockingoldensamurai

yeah, I think it's like an overload thing, after a while it just gets to a "well what next?" sort of state where you just want SOME conclusion.....good or bad you just want it to finish. Yeah, this has been an overall very good title, but it's getting to the point of time to bring it to some sort of stable ground at least if not an ending.

Yeah, Im Dal-Young's works are full of over-done drama......and boobs, lots and lots of boobs. I personally think they help the story A LOT.

Edited by svines85, 22 October 2012 - 08:21 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

MKNR

MKNR

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
Dropped once around that Yuki's "Rape me drama" but then picked it up and now just reading to see the conclusion

The author has been stressing on that One scenario for over a 100 chapters now and it's really getting tedious not to forget the Forced Drama that is being fed in each chapter

1 step forward, 2 steps back!

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
I'll sure have to say that's exactly the thought that shot across my mind when I read the last panel in chapter 147. We'll see what happens I guess, but I'm starting to wonder if I really want to deal with more of this (again).

Tn7HA0h.png

Nugester

Nugester

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
I stopped reading when Seiji gave Yuki a present at the carnival because it got too tedious. Well, why am I posting in this forum? I have been skimming the last few chapters to see if it gets any better and many chapters later, Seiji and Yuki are still not together. It started off great but it got boring to me. The story could/should have ended long ago. I suppose this will be something I read once through when I have time and no other manga to read ...

Edited by Nugester, 09 November 2012 - 10:09 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

The story could/should have ended long ago. I suppose this will be something I read once through when I have time and no other manga to read ...

I've dropped it and picked it back up too, it's really just over the last couple of months though that i've really started to feel like it should probably just end. It's really starting to drag, for me at least. And yeah, you might have had the best idea, I'm starting to wish I'd done the same, just left it a while back and picked it back up when it was all over.

Tn7HA0h.png

Namorax

Namorax

Fingerling Potato

• Validating
  • 62 posts
I agree that this series should've ended ~50 chapters ago. I have a distant memory of first reading the oneshot when it was released and ever since then its more or less obvious whos getting together with whom. 150 chapters later the story might have introduced some characters that are kinda interesting (like some of the first years) but right now the story is already way past the stretching limit. For series like this, I save a book mark and finish them once the author (finally) decides to end the series. It easier to read when you can tell yourself "Only X chapters more until its over.".

The worst thing that can happen after all this is the author deciding to give this series an "open end". You know, because the series was cut before he could tell us all the other stories he had prepared...^^
Let's hope there will be a definite happy end after all this. Or at least any definite end. I would even prefer an "...and then everybody died."-ending over an open ending.

HacheKa

HacheKa

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
Every week.

CharlieAL

CharlieAL

Potato

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationBsAs, ARG.
I dropped at chap 127.
I guess I'll pick it up when is finally over...

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I dropped at chap 127.
I guess I'll pick it up when is finally over...

Yeeaaahhh, i really am starting to wish i'd done it around then too.....we'll see how long this new thing looks like it's going to go on, I still might let this one sit till it's all sorted out.

Tn7HA0h.png

Tsuikana

Tsuikana

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationRealm Of Eternal Darkness
I'm starting to run out of tables to flip soon. But I promised myself that I would finish this through to the end. After all, this is called good ending..... right? right guys? *cries in a corner*

tvesrb

tvesrb

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
probably shouldn't have read all 150 chapters in 2-3 days. the drama....it's too much =_=
with every good development, I was slapped back into more pointless drama. it's safe to say the fates like to troll
is it bad that the side character's development interests me more than the MC's love life??

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

probably shouldn't have read all 150 chapters in 2-3 days. the drama....it's too much =_=
with every good development, I was slapped back into more pointless drama. it's safe to say the fates like to troll
is it bad that the side character's development interests me more than the MC's love life??

Oh my god, yeah, that's WAY too much drama to take in all in that short a time..........try a couple of chapters of something like Fujimura-kum Mates to dilute the angst a little and come back in off the ledge.........

Tn7HA0h.png

bane_ecf

bane_ecf

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis-St. Paul metro

Yep, this manga has been one of the biggest emotional roller coaster rides I've ever read. The last manga I can remember that's even come close is Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. But that story was more plain disturbing rather than dramatic.

The primary interest for me is to find out how many hoops Seiji is going to have to go through to finally hook up with Yuki. At this point every reader should know the author is going to put you through unending drama, so it's just better to read it knowing that no matter what happens, the end game is clear.

Edited by bane_ecf, 17 November 2012 - 02:02 AM.

Theoderich

Theoderich

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
I really hate that stupid loser of a main character. He's like toying with all the girls and has this: "I'm all innocent and just too kind" aura around him that would make me wanna beat him up if I'd know him personally. He is NOT kind.Definetly NOT.He's just 100% selfish,masked with a complicated story to be not to his favor.
Spoiler
. A bastard like that doesn't deserve a good end, he deserves divine retribution!
Kinda feels like Makoto of school days but with his true self hidden.
I wouldn't recommend this unless you like the developing romantic stories of the sidecharacters( who are much more likeable than the main characters).

Dunno when I'll continue to read this,maybe when I've fallen behind enough chapters to have some about the sidecharacters...

17.jpg

bane_ecf

bane_ecf

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis-St. Paul metro

I really hate that stupid loser of a main character. He's like toying with all the girls and has this: "I'm all innocent and just too kind" aura around him that would make me wanna beat him up if I'd know him personally. He is NOT kind.Definetly NOT.He's just 100% selfish,masked with a complicated story to be not to his favor.

Spoiler
. A bastard like that doesn't deserve a good end, he deserves divine retribution!
Kinda feels like Makoto of school days but with his true self hidden.
I wouldn't recommend this unless you like the developing romantic stories of the sidecharacters( who are much more likeable than the main characters).

Dunno when I'll continue to read this,maybe when I've fallen behind enough chapters to have some about the sidecharacters...

I actually totally understand Seiji's actions when it comes to his going out with, and subsequent breaking up with Shou. Seiji was really devastated when Yuki broke things off with him, and Shou was the other girl he happened to like and the one also willing to repair his severely broken heart. It was inevitable at the time that Seiji would naturally be attracted towards Shou's affections and would end up starting to date her. The problem with all of this, of course, is that Shou repairing Seiji's heart only allowed him the opportunity to put things back in a "normal" perspective and let him realize that he really did still love Yuki more than he loved Shou.

If you're going to put a bunch of blame on someone for the Seiji-Shou mess, it's actually all Yuki's fault. She really shouldn't have ever broken up with Seiji to begin with - it was totally selfish of her, brought out because of her own baggage guilt from her days with Touru. She then allowed herself to be put back into the picture with Seiji by selfishly being spoiled by his kindness once they broke up. Touru then showed up and sealed Shou's fate by forcing Yuki to realize she really did love and need Seiji by her side, and of course Seiji was really willing to oblige since he really did love Yuki more and also realized he was the only one Yuki could rely on.

Edited by bane_ecf, 17 November 2012 - 10:27 AM.

tvesrb

tvesrb

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

I actually totally understand Seiji's actions when it comes to his going out with, and subsequent breaking up with Shou. Seiji was really devastated when Yuki broke things off with him, and Shou was the other girl he happened to like and the one also willing to repair his severely broken heart. It was inevitable at the time that Seiji would naturally be attracted towards Shou's affections and would end up starting to date her. The problem with all of this, of course, is that Shou repairing Seiji's heart only allowed him the opportunity to put things back in a "normal" perspective and let him realize that he really did still love Yuki more than he loved Shou.

If you're going to put a bunch of blame on someone for the Seiji-Shou mess, it's actually all Yuki's fault. She really shouldn't have ever broken up with Seiji to begin with - it was totally selfish of her, brought out because of her own baggage guilt from her days with Touru. She then allowed herself to be put back into the picture with Seiji by selfishly being spoiled by his kindness once they broke up. Touru then showed up and sealed Shou's fate by forcing Yuki to realize she really did love and need Seiji by her side, and of course Seiji was really willing to oblige since he really did love Yuki more and also realized he was the only one Yuki could rely on.

Seiji's not perfect, but I genuinely believe that he tries to be the best person he can be. Yuki repeatedly agravates me because she's too self-sacrificing. I feel bad for Shou, but then again we all knew her dating Seiji was just a detour for Seiji & Yuki to strengthen their feelings for one another and reunite. Kouno, Shou & Eri were great for a little comedic relief. I kinda wish there were a bit more of it to balence out the thick layer of drama, but whatever. looks like this is finally wrapping up anyway.

Poopie

Poopie

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
I think the only way this manga will end with everyone satisfied now is by having a tragic ending or have the characters move separate ways in lives and never to meet again.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I think the only way this manga will end with everyone satisfied now is by having a tragic ending or have the characters move separate ways in lives and never to meet again.

Nooo!! Heck, then I won't be happy. :D
Just speaking for myself, I think the idea of everyone being satisfied with whatever conclusion this story has might be too much to hope for now. It seems like a majority of the comments left have been pretty critical of this manga for a while now. I think it's really a shame too, no matter what happens I'll personally still consider this to have been an excellent manga.

Tn7HA0h.png

CharlieAL

CharlieAL

Potato

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationBsAs, ARG.

My thoughts exactly! like a ichigo 100% kinda end, but more radical...
Maybe everyone ending with someone else...that would be nice!
Pd: not the place to say this but someone mentioned fujimura manga, that's a nice one!
Don't know why, but I think a helmet guy manga would be really funny...

Kimble

Kimble

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
I'm glad I took some time and read this thread, makes me feel better.
I've been struggling to read this manga since he broke up with Shou.
I don't know why exactly, but I hate Yuki now, which is odd since I used to love her so much at the beginning, but now...argh.
Well I'll keep reading it, because I ran out of titles to read(although someone here said somethign about Freezing, so I might try reading it).

Sorry for the rant! haha
:D