Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Online Readers.....

reading utilities

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

deathshadow47

deathshadow47

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the online readers at the scantalations' sites and at a reader site such as Batoto. I noticed that the image size is different for large images. Do Batoto renders he image or something ? Also , I noticed that most scantalation group have the same kind of online reader, Does it come with a template ?

Sorry if I sounded ignorant. Well , I'm just a newbie and still learning....
Thanks for any reply...

Eracuel

Eracuel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationIn the Shadows...
Well the biggest difference would be, that the scanlations of the teams can be found on their own sites. Most of them don't have online manga reader because just like the site, the reader needs a server to run and it costs money.

So A --> If they have a reader they host only their own translations
or B --> They don't have an online reader so you have to download the scanlations and read then on your PC

There is an unique site ( yeah it's Batoto) where they can host their translations and only those mangas can be found which were allowed to be hosted by the a given scanlation team or weren't licensed.

Aand finally there are online readers which host scanlations without permissions or use bots to steal them from the scanlation groups just to be the first to host a manga and get readers. These sites also re-size the scans so that's why you can get blank or half pages ( for example in the case of manhwas and web comics). The teams try to fight against these sites with watermarks. Most of the groups have their own watermarks and use it more and more often because in the worst case the online readers don't even upload the team's credit page making the readers think that it's their work.

I think that's all for now... ^^

Posted Image Posted Image

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts
  • Location@ the Greenhouse Tea Party~
There is also different types of online reader. Some online reader you will need to click on the page to be able to get to another page and there is ones have an navigator use to zoom in on difference section of an page. The most common is with the arrow keys. Online readers can be different as Batoto you need to click on the title then the chapter,some just automatically start with you click the title. Also there is the ones that comes with cover image of the serie...etc. Some online reader have option setting include which also automically adjust the size of images (as common, changes the sizes before they upload it). Most online reader don't come with an comment/thread section that is why many prefer it to be an an hosting site they trust(such as Batoto) where readers can comment on it at the Info page.

so there is many different types of online. It is just the person/group's opinion on which one is better to use on their website ~^-^~

ןן Tea Party~ ןן "THE BAR" ןן

ןןGuide to Uploading/deltin/sortin ןן

ןן[Must read] COMMENT SECTIONS RULES ן

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^
It maybe one step closer to death's door or an extension of your life's time.

foxyeisenhower

foxyeisenhower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 795 posts
  • LocationKONY 2013 STOP SOPA RIP Spider-man too soon
to you the consumer, nothing. scanlators sites would have download links or faster chapters maybe.

but neither of those are things the average user cares about
Spoiler