Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

have you ever read something like manga with background music?

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

Use Buffs - ret@rd

Use Buffs - ret@rd

Potato

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationItaly - money grinding
actually i want to know if you ever listened music when reading manga manhua etc here we can talk about that and maybe express our opinion but please don't say anything vulgar or something like that

"All knowledge is worth having."

"History hinges on small events."

Nothing spoils idle pleasure like too much awareness ...

Prophet

Prophet

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationCity of Doors
Yes... always. and that has become a requirement for me.. it adds emotions and atmosphere to the story... i only cry when im listening to music while reading a tragedy manga.. :)

some bands that i listen to. linkin park, the red jumpsuit apparatus, urbandub, franco, escape the fate, silverstein. etc..

"Our pasts may be scattered and at times overshadowed by sadness, but they´re also an irrevocable part of our lives and personalities. Even if I could change a single thing, I wouldn´t, because my past was what led me here."

~You have sung to me in my aloneness, and I of your longings have built a tower in the sky.

-Almustafa, The Prophet by Khalil Gibran

Use Buffs - ret@rd

Use Buffs - ret@rd

Potato

• Members
  • 161 posts
actualy i was reading tower of god and iwas iwas listening to SKILLET " whispers in the dark " when they were singing
- no you'll never be alone
when darkness comes
i'll light the night with stars
hear my whispers in the dark

they made me think "uhm that's cool and appropriate wow ! "

foxyeisenhower

foxyeisenhower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 795 posts
  • LocationKONY 2013 STOP SOPA RIP Spider-man too soon
last volume of Saikano + Aerosmith's Don't Want to Miss a Thing is required viewing
Spoiler

Use Buffs - ret@rd

Use Buffs - ret@rd

Potato

• Members
  • 161 posts
^_^ i'll try.
even air gear in various part with nickelback
sekirei chapter 1-2 with ayane " private place "

codetoki

codetoki

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 389 posts
I've tried listening to music while reading manga but it doesn't work for me, for some reason my mind subconsciously blocks out the music so that I don't hear it even if it's so loud my ears are on the verge of going deaf
Spoiler

Spoiler

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts

I've tried listening to music while reading manga but it doesn't work for me, for some reason my mind subconsciously blocks out the music so that I don't hear it even if it's so loud my ears are on the verge of going deaf

And if I try to force myself to hear the music, then I can't focus on the manga. Reading and listening never work at the same time for me. I can only get sucked into one world at a time.

Use Buffs - ret@rd

Use Buffs - ret@rd

Potato

• Members
  • 161 posts
in your mind,deep inside, when you are in the middle of your reading something like music, a sound "lalllalala" appeared from nothingness and interrupted your reading? if the answer is yes you have found the music (cellphones calls are not included ;) )

this is another way to make this topic grow, bigger and bigger

if you notice mistakes in grammar please inform me, i'm trying to learn! you can keep insulting me until i learn! :)

Psi

Psi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

And if I try to force myself to hear the music, then I can't focus on the manga. Reading and listening never work at the same time for me. I can only get sucked into one world at a time.

Same. I often do listen to music while reading but it's more of a passive thing. If i'm truly engrossed in what I'm reading, I rarely notice the affect of the music much. Partially, this is prob since I just play my music on shuffle so the songs rarely ever match particularly well. On the odd occasion that it's an unusually memorable pairing, I might think "Oh, interesting..." but most likely, I'd be completely oblivious haha.

I also don't really believe in deliberately "enhancing" manga (or other books etc) with music. I reckon that manga/novels/etc should be experienced and judged by their inherent qualities alone (if I wanted other stimuli, I'd watch the anime ^^).

Also, my tastes change... If I happen to stop liking a song which I strongly associated with a manga, my subsequent enjoyment of that manga would prob decrease...

eg. For some reason, when reading Frank Herbert's "Dune" way back in the past, Pink's "Most Girls" was being played a heck of a lot on the radio (I did like the song then — if not, I'd have changed the station). Now, whenever if I ever re-read Dune, that damn song comes to mind, and it totally ruins it ~_~

Murdath

Murdath

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Locationhere.
When I'm reading something I like I rarely notice the train constantly passing 3 meters away from me..

Edited by Murdath, 05 July 2012 - 08:21 PM.

No one wants to be a slave. But if you do, please email me, because I'm looking for a few good slaves.

Icee

Icee

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 666 posts

Mhm... it just becomes background noises haha...I sometimes have to tell myself... Hey, where's the music, I didn't put some? Only to realize it's been playing for the last hour or so and I just forgot/blocked it...

But sometimes songs fit really well with the comics or situations you're reading and all... :3 So yes, I sometimes do :D

IM or it's for naught

JustAPasserBy

JustAPasserBy

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 54 posts
Its always a requirement for me.

Amai Neko l AEC

greenguy

greenguy

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,019 posts
  • LocationArts Precinct

Its always a requirement for me.

this!!!

it might be as rare as a shining pokemon, but if the music and the current event in the manga matches.. BOOOOOOM! best feeling in the world !!

Crimson Null

Crimson Null

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 74 posts
  • LocationMars
I was reading sun ken rock and listening to Cinderella Man by Eminem

Use Buffs - ret@rd

Use Buffs - ret@rd

Potato

• Members
  • 161 posts
I decided to start this topic because i 'm really lucky and never once i got a bad combination just like an awesome AMV OR MAD video found on youtube or other places. only cellphones disturbed my reading

greenguy

greenguy

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,019 posts
  • LocationArts Precinct
for me it was "danger line" when i was reading superior cross.

on the right part, both the song and the manga!

Kaellyna~chu~

Kaellyna~chu~

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Locationlogged off
In my case, most of times I put a background music (be it reading a book, a manga or even studying). Sometimes I don't hear the music or the music is so good that I don't read/study, but there are cases that the music match perfectly with what I'm reading (and I laugh, a lot...). It is just a matter of luck, it may enhance or not the experience!!

Logged Off

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away
if i can. usually i only have background noise from my family

some webtoon chapters are better read without listening to music, because you'll miss what sound is already on them
あっ ちょっと死んじまった

thearux

thearux

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUruguay
Most of the time yes, usually an OST of a visual novel or an anime.

Xd96

Xd96

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts
yes i do read while listening to music. later on when i listen to the song im reminded of what i was reading at the point. 'whispers in the dark' by skillet is the epic reminder of itachi vs sasuke, etc. etc.
i wanna read a webtoon which has background music but i cant find one. all the chapters of Dr. Frost that i read dont have it for some reason TT^TT

Posted Image