Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

When it really pays to inform the public

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
Most of these type of stories, everyone works so hard to keep things a secret, even when it doesn't make sense.
That couldn't be more the case here, if they just convince the public of the threat, instead of hiding it, they can convince people to not answer their phones when suspicious things are happening. Or even use cell phones less in the first place.

Hell, for that matter, they should be taking down cell phone towers and stuff, destroying peoples phones, instead the company behind it produces cell service it seems.

Also, if seeing a jinki core allows them to retain their memories after having encountered a kanshu, then that might be the cure to lost rebound.

Edited by truepurple, 21 June 2012 - 10:05 AM.

Runyst

Runyst

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
a month laaaater
they're hiding it because of the chance of mass panic as well as the fact that they're funded by a cell phone company
if the public knew kanshu spread through phone signals, there would be no one using their cellphones, cutting off communication for a huge amount of people, mkaing it even harder to respond to already existing kanshu

oliverwashere

oliverwashere

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Locationthe chasm of sleep
Well, secrecy and misdirection is a very big theme in this story. It makes me feel better knowing that the government is also being redeemed along with Riku.
Spoiler
I personally prefer being ignorant and keeping others in the dark. Mostly because because of the kicks and giggles I get out of intrigue though.