Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Fan Art Thread

• Please log in to reply
1191 replies to this topic

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

I found this online and don't know if this has been posted before but it made me sad.

Spoiler

.....I had this weird AU idea... What if, when Asha told Leez most people would cry or at least stay silent while Leez was just (apparently) worrying about food, Leez had answered she couldn't cry? O,O 

Maybe this much could have completely changed the course of the story. Man that would be interesting to explore.

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

Kitty1826x

Kitty1826x

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationNot Always Sunny Florida

I found this online and don't know if this has been posted before but it made me sad.

Spoiler

I know you didn't draw this... but Asha is missing her dagger in her hand... Seriously, with that smile on her face I can easily picture that dagger there, pressing on Leez's back. >.> 

Yes yes, I know I make longwinded comments, but that's just me >.<
I should proof read my comments more, but I won't...
So keep in mind I'm filled with typos

Link to Kubera's quick translation pads list: http://babokim-scans.ddns.net:9001/p/r.74c75762216421fe02843be5edd86cf0

If you have the time and want to help out BKS: http://babokim-scans.ddns.net:9001/mypads/index.html?/mypads/group/transcribing-and-rewriting-kubera-r912325e/view
Read the first pad "Getting started" for instructions.

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

I know you didn't draw this... but Asha is missing her dagger in her hand... Seriously, with that smile on her face I can easily picture that dagger there, pressing on Leez's back. >.> 

Leez: "Waah everything is so bad whaaa you are the only one i have left whaaaa"
Asha *whispers in Leez's ear: "Long live the king... Bhavati marut"

~*~ Kubera ~*~ Kubera Wiki ~*~ Kubera Fanart ~*~ Kubera TL(En)~*~

~*~ Smile today, tomorrow could be worse. ~*~

Miiami

Miiami

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationLithuania

I don't know where else to ask this, so I am trying to make fanart, but since I am doing it with mouse I am struggling a lot with things and now I came across a problem, I can't seem to make Leez look like she holds sword of Re, does that sword even look anything like how it's in webtoon? :D 

oqhcm8.png

For now I only drew it with pen brush(no lineart), I've been trying to make correct form for awhile, I wonder if I should make her with this sword at all?

71u4wl.jpg

Selenianece

Selenianece

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 707 posts

Did you know that we updated the AU Saha/Asha fic? Not once, but twice!

Ch 2 : In FF.net. In AO3.
Ch 3 : In FF.net. In AO3.

Pandorally

Pandorally

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • LocationMoved to Paris!

Here's another fanart. 'cause i ship them. so i will draw them. 

Spoiler

Viewer

Viewer

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 77 posts

I don't know where else to ask this, so I am trying to make fanart, but since I am doing it with mouse I am struggling a lot with things and now I came across a problem, I can't seem to make Leez look like she holds sword of Re, does that sword even look anything like how it's in webtoon? :D

Spoiler

For now I only drew it with pen brush(no lineart), I've been trying to make correct form for awhile, I wonder if I should make her with this sword at all?

You'll have to relocate either the sword or the arm.

Spoiler

As great as your last Riagara work.

Thanks! Such a belated response, sorry, didn't want to spam in the thread with just a "thank you".

Edited by Viewer, 09 April 2016 - 09:59 PM.

Pandorally

Pandorally

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 208 posts

here's another one. I'm beeing particularily inspired recently.

Primeval Goddess Brahma. My spirit animal.

Spoiler

Edited by Pandorally, 10 April 2016 - 12:27 PM.

Miiami

Miiami

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationLithuania

In the end I decided to not put sword at all no matter where I put it it looked out of place (it's my first fanart usually I only do colorings >_<)

It's grown up Leez!  :batoto_028:   

Spoiler

71u4wl.jpg

Tammy

Tammy

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 235 posts

In the end I decided to not put sword at all no matter where I put it it looked out of place (it's my first fanart usually I only do colorings >_<)

It's grown up Leez!  :batoto_028:   

Spoiler

Beautiful art!! She looks like a heroine from DC/Marvel :o! Welcome to Batoto forums btw, I hope you're liking it here =)

Spoiler

Do you guys know of any good art programs? I hear a lot about Paint Tool Sai, but I've never used it.

Miiami

Miiami

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Beautiful art!! She looks like a heroine from DC/Marvel :o! Welcome to Batoto forums btw, I hope you're liking it here =)

Spoiler

Do you guys know of any good art programs? I hear a lot about Paint Tool Sai, but I've never used it.

Thank you, I love it here, I loved Kubera for quite awhile but I was only on tumblr, someone on reddit told me to join you guys here ^o^  :batoto_024:

I work with mouse only so Sai is the only good program that I found, easy blending tools, easy painting tools, easy lineart tools(It's quite similar to PS). After I do everything in Sai I finish it in photoshop(adding effects/text etc.) So I'd definitely rec to try out Sai  :batoto_016:

71u4wl.jpg

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

Another fun comic from the KuCa. Visnu xD

(no guarantee for correct translation)

Spoiler

~*~ Kubera ~*~ Kubera Wiki ~*~ Kubera Fanart ~*~ Kubera TL(En)~*~

~*~ Smile today, tomorrow could be worse. ~*~

Tammy

Tammy

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 235 posts

Thank you, I love it here, I loved Kubera for quite awhile but I was only on tumblr, someone on reddit told me to join you guys here ^o^  :batoto_024:

I work with mouse only so Sai is the only good program that I found, easy blending tools, easy painting tools, easy lineart tools(It's quite similar to PS). After I do everything in Sai I finish it in photoshop(adding effects/text etc.) So I'd definitely rec to try out Sai  :batoto_016:

I'm glad you like it here =)! Thanks for the recommendation, I'll look into Sai =D

Viewer

Viewer

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 77 posts

Another snake, I should quit drawing them.

Btw, I hate this one so much, looks so weird, the head was too big and now it's too small? Actually I just wanted to draw the coat, the collars to be precise. Meh, whatever xD

Spoiler

Edited by Viewer, 30 May 2016 - 12:48 PM.

Miiami

Miiami

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Spoiler

Oh myyy!! This is so beautiful! I love this, shading, expression and pose wow! It kind of looks sexy and mischievous !   :batoto_022:  :batoto_028:

71u4wl.jpg

Pandorally

Pandorally

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 208 posts

Btw, I hate this one so much, looks so weird, the head was too big and now it's too small? Actually I just wanted to draw the coat, the collars to be precise. Meh, whatever xD

Spoiler

It's so niiiiicccceeee I envy your coloring skills ! And I like how you shade and do the proportions!

It's beeeeaaaaauuuuttiiiiifuuuul

@Tammy: As for good drawing program... I've only ever used Autodesk. Photoshop is a must for coloring/editing/special effects. I used to draw on paper, scanned it, and color it on photoshop. But frankly, it's a hassle. 

I've heard a lot of people use SAI (even currygom admit to use this program). Some draw with Adobe Illustrator.

If you are too cheap to buy a fancyschamanzy drawing tablet (like me lol), I just draw on my samsung tab (with s pen), so less hassle, less cables, transportable, you can draw in class, and autodesk come with it. You can even draw on phones for the basic outlines (path smoothing feature is super important!) and color it on photoshop.

So in my opinion

Begginer: Your phone 

Less Beginer: Autodesk

Serious: SAI

Drawing in vectors: AI

Regardless of the method, choose one that give you pleasure when you draw and NOT FRUSTRATION. Take your time, and enjoy.

Edited by Pandorally, 12 April 2016 - 08:28 PM.

Viewer

Viewer

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 77 posts

Oh myyy!! This is so beautiful! I love this, shading, expression and pose wow! It kind of looks sexy and mischievous !   :batoto_022:  :batoto_028:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thanks! 

I'm drawing with a mouse too so I understand the suffering and pain you are going through xD I've seen your DA page and tbh I have no idea how you are this patient to colour so meticulously the freaking hair, seriously, it's killing me, I just smudge the lines and leave it at that.

Btw, the drawing you've posted here looks like a book cover, an awesome one.

It's so niiiiicccceeee I envy your coloring skills ! And I like how you shade and do the proportions!

It's beeeeaaaaauuuuttiiiiifuuuul

Thank you! I think I'm just trying to copy Currygom's art style: I had no idea how to colour like this until I decided to redraw a panel from the comic, so many revelations.

Drew this sketch when her sura form was first revealed. The composition was awful so I never got to finish it, and never will, so here it is:

Spoiler

Had to redraw the hair as it looked nothing like hers. I liked it this way more though so I'm posting it xD

Spoiler

Also, yes, SAI is super friendly and easy to use.

Edited by Viewer, 12 April 2016 - 08:40 PM.

Miiami

Miiami

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationLithuania

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)[/size]
Thanks! 
I'm drawing with a mouse too so I understand the suffering and pain you are going through xD I've seen your DA page and tbh I have no idea how you are this patient to colour so meticulously the freaking hair, seriously, it's killing me, I just smudge the lines and leave it at that.
Btw, the drawing you've posted here looks like a book cover, an awesome one.

I really like how you color clothes though, mine always look so plain and boring it's frustrating. Hair is the easiest part for me, I do them in like 12 minutes if not less, depends on how much hair there is, I do them in photoshop, with brushes & pen tool, it's really easy.
I much rather learn your coloring style, it's anime friendly, mine makes anime(manga) characters look a bit weird IMO. I did go easy on skin in here:

Spoiler

But then I went ahead and put too many effects on clothing, it's always like this for me, I have semi-realistic coloring style, but I also cant decide what style I like the most so I ended up mixing so many styles, so now it just became whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've been searching for mouse friendly tutorials lately, hope to color in a way that will be more fitting for anime type of characters, like your style is very nice :D

And your hair looks great :))

Oh and you use dA? Could you share? I'd like to follow you ^^ Btw how did you find me on dA?:D 

Edited by Miiami, 12 April 2016 - 10:17 PM.

71u4wl.jpg

d0pesmoker

d0pesmoker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMother Russia
Drew this sketch when her sura form was first revealed. The composition was awful so I never got to finish it, and never will, so here it is:

Spoiler

Whoa... It would be nice to see this one finished. Composition is something that you always can fix :)

Find your own Gods

not in dreary chapels and dismal shrines

but under the stones and streams 

in faint mist and familiar hills 

through soft morning light

behind the shadow of trees

Me on tumblr: https://chikoryjelly.tumblr.com/

Viewer

Viewer

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 77 posts

I really like how you color clothes though, mine always look so plain and boring it's frustrating. Hair is the easiest part for me, I do them in like 12 minutes if not less, depends on how much hair there is, I do them in photoshop, with brushes & pen tool, it's really easy.
I much rather learn your coloring style, it's anime friendly, mine makes anime(manga) characters look a bit weird IMO. I did go easy on skin in here:

Spoiler

But then I went ahead and put too many effects on clothing, it's always like this for me, I have semi-realistic coloring style, but I also cant decide what style I like the most so I ended up mixing so many styles, so now it just became whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've been searching for mouse friendly tutorials lately, hope to color in a way that will be more fitting for anime type of characters, like your style is very nice :D

And your hair looks great :))

Oh and you use dA? Could you share? I'd like to follow you ^^ Btw how did you find me on dA? :D

Ty! I'm using Sai, so thinning out massive blobs of colours and fixing the jittery lines, that come with using a mouse, is too time consuming to my liking, blobs for hair will do xD Clothing and skin is easy in comparison: smudge the colours until they look fine. To make it "anime-like" there should be highly exaggerated rough and rigid lines, using just water and airbrush tools to colour won't do. I like your style and the effects you use though, very pleasing to the eye.

Here are some nice colouring tutorials. I came across the second one just today, haven't read it yet, but it looks really helpful.

Colouring Process:

How to Draw Cloth - The Basics:

Found you via the Hoti-Kubera group. I've submitted my fanart there too, so you can look it up, there's nothing there though that haven't been posted here, it's just a storage of an account xD

Whoa... It would be nice to see this one finished. Composition is something that you always can fix :)

I wanna draw her so much, but the fact that she's half-naked makes it hard for me to come up with a good pose for her. She's so elegant and the sketch doesn't do her justice. But I'll definitely draw her, one day.

Edited by Viewer, 13 April 2016 - 03:18 PM.