Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

But who is Baam?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Guo-Jia

Guo-Jia

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationWhere? Where?? Where?!
That's what I want to know: who is this irregular main character (no pun intented)?

From experience I think there are three possibilities for the story to progress in this sense. Either he is a normal human, weak as a flea, and shows superpowers when his "nakama" are threatened. You know, the usual shonen influence... or then he is something special, with amazing growth potential, that's pretty common too.

Last possibility is that he is some kind of superpower, an enormous monstrocity or an angel of death. That would be cool, but you almost never see that kind of main characters, unfortunately.
*Howl!* *Howl!* *Howl!*

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts
  • LocationMiddle of The Country
I think he is a monster, perhaps suffering from amnesia, or perhaps a creation of Lahel.
Posted Image
Proud Ubuntu user since May 2010.

semperspes

semperspes

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 454 posts
I think he's divinity...given his purity, playing a  messianic role to the tower...? Or so it seems the role of a special irregular should be...
Posted Image

Haruki

Haruki

Fried Potato

• The Company
  • 693 posts
  • LocationKorea
uh also consider the fact that we don't know who his parents are. that's used a lot in mangas and dramas and movies.

also, his name, 25th baam could also be a clue.

Baam could mean,

1. night
2. chestnut.

and i'm pretty sure it's the formal. so, 25th night, i dunno? sth to do with christmas? do they even have one in the tower?
Posted Image

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts

uh also consider the fact that we don't know who his parents are. that's used a lot in mangas and dramas and movies.

also, his name, 25th baam could also be a clue.

Baam could mean,

1. night
2. chestnut.

and i'm pretty sure it's the formal. so, 25th night, i dunno? sth to do with christmas? do they even have one in the tower?

There is a Christmas song called "Chestnuts Roasting Over an Open Fire" :9 ...
Posted Image

Haruki

Haruki

Fried Potato

• The Company
  • 693 posts
  • LocationKorea
......-____-
Posted Image

semperspes

semperspes

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 454 posts
we already know that 25th baam refers to when he was born i.e. 25th night or something. It was in the t/l notes but I can't remember exactly what it said...
Posted Image

Haruki

Haruki

Fried Potato

• The Company
  • 693 posts
  • LocationKorea
oh tat's rite..

i kinda forgot lol

but i'm just saying that that might also be a clue.
Posted Image

Guo-Jia

Guo-Jia

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationWhere? Where?? Where?!

I think he is a monster, perhaps suffering from amnesia, or perhaps a creation of Lahel.

Hmm... might be. Considering all we are told is what we are not told, he is either something from the tower who has lost his memory, or some new creature altogether. Though, I don't think its the first one, he seems bit too immature to be that old...
*Howl!* *Howl!* *Howl!*

semperspes

semperspes

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 454 posts
amnesia resets the mind so Baam's innocence at the moment shouldn't have anything to do with what he might been before, which includes the possibility of him being previously, a monster. However, I can't see such a drastic change in character, from when he does regain his memory, as a clever move for retaining the original fans, because the dynamic of the toon would be changed dramatically for it. Which is why I think I may be using a different definition of "monster" to you.
Posted Image

ralkij

ralkij

Potato Spud

• tC Donator
  • 15 posts
I just like to think of Baam as the god that created the tower and Baam is the 25th reincarnation that has yet to gain his memories back. Or he could be Phantanimum. I dont think we will fully know for a long time considering hes on the second floor and there are 130+ floors.(unless he takes the shorcut.)

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
irregulars to should take an irregular path. :P I can't really foresee a realistic 135 floors manual climb. lol

ralkij

ralkij

Potato Spud

• tC Donator
  • 15 posts

irregulars to should take an irregular path. :P I can't really foresee a realistic 135 floors manual climb. lol

Course I would not want him to fly through it either. The worlds he will see should be interesting.

Gabs88

Gabs88

Russet Potato

• tC Donator
  • 378 posts

Haha, you just dont want to scanlate that many chapters ;)

Seriously though, I think Baam is a human irregular with incredible Shinsoo resistance. The clue is him beeing an irregular! In this tower, those who entered on their own are few and far between. Shinsoo capabilities seems to be the most importaint thing here, and the irregulars of the past all had incredible powers. Aka, good shinsoo capabilities. Perhaps that means the outside of the tower, and the doors, are areas similar to the breeding pits of the white steel eels. With shinsoo levels so high nobody except those that are unimagineably powerfull beeing able to move around in the area, far less open the door themselves.

Samantha_Tesla

Samantha_Tesla

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationGallifrey
I think Baam is just an irregular who is completely impervious to the affects of shinsoo and can manipulate at a far greater level than anyone else, even without knowing what he is doing. He just desires at a high enough level (like that time with the sniper bullet) and it happens.
Posted Image

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!
hmm, about the sniper bullet, that was the girl who destroyed the bullet, because shinsoo cannot hit baam because some reason, also think your right baam is far closer to shinsoo then most of the people. when baam destroyed the mask of the girl you could see that a man was smiling with his hands up. who is that? perhaps his dad? or shinsoo? or perhaps something in him? also there must have been a reason why baam was locked away from the rest of the world.

OR perhaps he's someone chosen to become the new king or something? Why?, his high shinsoo capability, he got shut down in a cave perhaps that was because they wanted someone pure without the inpure thoughts( money, revenge or whatever... ).

Or they raised him specially for the tower, someone who does not know much tends to learn quicker then people who's full grown, so baam learns as he get's higher in the tower.

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

Gabs88

Gabs88

Russet Potato

• tC Donator
  • 378 posts
On the "Smiling man" part, that was Lahel's smile, don't think she smiled right there and then though. He was probably remembering some earlier moment

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts
I would just like to point out that I've been thinking Baam would go down the Shinsoo path since mid October :P. http://manhwa.grumpyland.com/forum/index.php/topic,4.msg872.html#msg872
Posted Image

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!
@mfkevin, I'm sure most of the people thought the same, 1: He's weak( in fighting, no experience in fighting, holding the needle like a sword? it's a stab weapon damnit :P ) 2: He got good shinsoo resistance and there are a few more reasons.

also ssst. it's not out yet.

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.