Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

who's your best pick for seiji?

Good Ending couple love worthy discussion

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

jaykie13

jaykie13

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
well I', just really curious what you all think.
your opinions would be much appreciated. :D

For me I think it should be yuki, well I have various reason for picking her....

you? who's your best pick?

yuki?
shou?
or risa?

well many say that the plot is very linear but for favouritism sake why not choose who you think is the best to have the "Good Ending" we have all been waiting for?

(you can add other girls I'm just putting the main ones in)
again you opinions would be much appreciated. :)

imfckingcreepy

imfckingcreepy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I hope he end up with yuki, shou is great but her peak or rage and shit just piss me off. I think shou will end up cheating on him with her ex-boyfriend and hes going to be broken to shit and yuki will pick him up.

I prefer yuki shutting down her own feeling to let him live a somewhat more normal relationship she couldnt offer before than that crazy shou going all "jealous crazy witch PSM" every 3second

and i dont really like risa shes boring as fuck.

Vueiy

Vueiy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts
I'd say Yuki. It seems like he just can't forget her, and she still likes him, although she's trying to hide it. Shou's sweet and all, but she still has the feeling of a replacement (even though she and Yuki are so different). When they did it the first time, it seemed more like they were trying to convince themselves that they were really in love more than doing it b/c they loved each other. They may be getting closer, but it seems like Yuki will always be in between them really being THE couple.

Kongrave

Kongrave

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Yuki. Though personally my favorite character is mei (http://vatoto.com/read/_/6690/ge-good-ending_v9_ch82_by_imangascans/19)

Edited by Kongrave, 14 June 2012 - 04:42 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
Well, I picked Shou a long time ago for him. That was just my personal opinion, of the potential pairings, Yuki, Shou and Risa, Shou was shown to be the least flawed by the author. Good personality, good family life, and the least personal baggage of the three.

Mei's nice but we've never really been given the chance to take her character seriously, except when Utsumi was briefly staying with her. And even then there was no way to seriously think about real romance, he was a total wreck and she's totally flighty.

The problem with picking anyone is that this is predestined to be Yuki/Utsumi. At this point the author is going to begin doing what it takes with the character's and the plot to begin setting that in motion. That means that, however it happens, Shou and Utsumi are doomed as partners.

Tn7HA0h.png

Vueiy

Vueiy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts

Well, I picked Shou a long time ago for him. That was just my personal opinion, of the potential pairings, Yuki, Shou and Risa, Shou was shown to be the least flawed by the author. Good personality, good family life, and the least personal baggage of the three.

Mei's nice but we've never really been given the chance to take her character seriously, except when Utsumi was briefly staying with her. And even then there was no way to seriously think about real romance, he was a total wreck and she's totally flighty.

The problem with picking anyone is that this is predestined to be Yuki/Utsumi. At this point the author is going to begin doing what it takes with the character's and the plot to begin setting that in motion. That means that, however it happens, Shou and Utsumi are doomed as partners.

I almost totally agree (I couldn't stand Mei, since she seemed like a slut who happens to be nice; I thought Shou was too airheaded to be the girlfriend, given the feel of the series). I feel like Yuki & Utsumi are the "destined couple," but they're sure taking their sweet time getting there. There's a small chance that the author could keep him and Shou together, though, just to mix things up, but I don't think it would make for a satisfying ending. I just wish Utsumi and Shou would hurry up and break up so he can get back together with Yuki.

Edited by Vueiy, 18 June 2012 - 01:04 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I almost totally agree (I couldn't stand Mei, since she seemed like a slut who happens to be nice; I thought Shou was too airheaded to be the girlfriend, given the feel of the series). I feel like Yuki & Utsumi are the "destined couple," but they're sure taking their sweet time getting there. There's a small chance that the author could keep him and Shou together, though, just to mix things up, but I don't think it would make for a satisfying ending. I just wish Utsumi and Shou would hurry up and break up so he can get back together with Yuki.

I can't lie about it, my feelings about the direction this manga will take are 100% based on the one-shot. To me it's the basic blue-print for the story and I personally don't think the ending will change, no matter how much the story has been expanded with its serialization. (imo) The mangaka set out to show Utsumi becoming a great guy and wonderful boyfriend material and then to match him with her lead female character Yuki.

Poor Mei, I think she just wanted to comfort him however she could, I guess maybe that could be slutty but the mangaka never really showed guys coming around wanting to kick Utsumi out or anything.

Tn7HA0h.png

ChefOtaku

ChefOtaku

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
Yuki for 2 reasons: One, she is the character with more depth. And two, A love that begins as friendship is the route to a happier future. Lust only carries a relationship so far. Now that being said, I like Shou and Risa as characters. I do believe that Risa will end up with Izumi. Shou, is a 50/50 tossup. Although I hate it when a woman goes back to someone who cheated on them. Luckily, the author hasn't sent Utsumi down this path. The only way this story as a whole works is if Seiji stays a decent guy. Otherwise, this turns into School Days.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Yuki for 2 reasons: One, she is the character with more depth. And two, A love that begins as friendship is the route to a happier future. Lust only carries a relationship so far. Now that being said, I like Shou and Risa as characters. I do believe that Risa will end up with Izumi. Shou, is a 50/50 tossup. Although I hate it when a woman goes back to someone who cheated on them. Luckily, the author hasn't sent Utsumi down this path. The only way this story as a whole works is if Seiji stays a decent guy. Otherwise, this turns into School Days.

Agreed, I really doubt the author is going to go the Kimi no Iru Machi direction and have Seiji turn his back on Shou
Spoiler
I think that'd make Seiji a really bad guy (like Haruto is) and I personaly don't see the author doing it.

Tn7HA0h.png

ChefOtaku

ChefOtaku

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
This is one of those stories that won't end with just one person getting hurt. If we are lucky, we find one person to spend a life with. But there will always be someone we still love, or love us that has a different path. I personally find Shou's character as a romantic interest to be my favorite. Having a wonderful family makes a lot of difference in a relationship. Plus she is innocent to an extent, and sincere. And 2 sincere people make for a loving union. If Mei had been introduced earlier, and her charcter more flushed out, she could have been a favorite too. I'm just partial since she reminds me of my first. Very open minded, and sexual. And with a great understanding on the importance of living for the moment.

Edited by ChefOtaku, 26 June 2012 - 12:20 AM.

GrimNights

GrimNights

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
I have been a Shou fan from the beginning, personal I can't stand Yuki type character but I guess that is more personal reasons lol

ernabc

ernabc

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRomania
I like black and red hairs.Yuki.Bt to make first time sex withot any kind of romance...it was STUPID! And she wanted to do it (forced) at the same place. BIG stupidity!

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I like black and red hairs.Yuki.Bt to make first time sex withot any kind of romance...it was STUPID! And she wanted to do it (forced) at the same place. BIG stupidity!

hmmmm, I'm equal opportunity when it comes to hair. If you're talking about Yuki's first time with Touru I'd have to say that at least Yuki very much thought there was a lot of romance involved (however and wherever the deed was done). That's what made the betrayal so traumatic. The second part? Same place forced with Utsumi.......stupid? No argument here.

Tn7HA0h.png

Poopie

Poopie

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
I hope Seiji picks Shou over Yuki in the end. There's just a lot more problems to handle with Yuki, from dealing with her family to her past, which is quite a handful. Shou seems more of a caring, loving girlfriend, whom her family fits fine with Seiji.

If people think back, Seiji's memories of Yuki are mostly of their friendship and his crush on her. On the other hand, Seiji's relationship with Shou is only growing, as their relationship is one that is more serious than insecurities, kissing and holding hands: it is one about communicating and caring for each other, telling each other their real problems and hoping for other's support to fight through it. This is something that a strong relationship is build off of.

morlyn

morlyn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts

Agreed, I really doubt the author is going to go the Kimi no Iru Machi direction and have Seiji turn his back on Shou

Spoiler
I think that'd make Seiji a really bad guy (like Haruto is) and I personaly don't see the author doing it.

although i do agree that kimi no iru machi was infuriating at times, haruto isnt necessarily a bad guy just because he turned his back. But i think Shou is going to be the one who turns her back on him or something
Spoiler

But instead i think its going to be something more mutual between the two of them breaking up bcause of lingering feelinggs for their ex's. At least hopefully, because i think Yuki is alot more in depth (while having more problems) than shou and get a feeling taht shou is only a replacement

qq i cant get the spoiler thingy to work D:

Edited by morlyn, 30 July 2012 - 07:57 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

although i do agree that kimi no iru machi was infuriating at times, haruto isnt necessarily a bad guy just because he turned his back. But i think Shou is going to be the one who turns her back on him or something

Spoiler

But instead i think its going to be something more mutual between the two of them breaking up bcause of lingering feelinggs for their ex's. At least hopefully, because i think Yuki is alot more in depth (while having more problems) than shou and get a feeling taht shou is only a replacement

Ah yeah, the KNIM thing....well, to read all the comments I might be one of the few people who still read that manga and actually like it. To be honest all the negativity every time a chapter comes out is a bummer. I don't really think Haruto is a bad guy , with in the context of the story the author just wanted to show (IMO) the power of "true love". The fact remains though that he dumped his girl friend for another woman though, so......

Good Ending? Yeah, I'm thinking we're in the same camp on that, I don't know what'll happen, but I'm of the same opinion you are, it won't be Utsumi turning his back or stepping out on his old lady (Shou), so.....well, that only leaves one option, doesn't it?

Edited by svines85, 30 July 2012 - 08:18 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Sheapy

Sheapy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
As much as I want Yuki to be the ending pair, I doubt it's going to happen. The good ending looks like Shou is going to get over her ex while Utsumi helps Yuki resolve her past and end up with another guy.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

As much as I want Yuki to be the ending pair, I doubt it's going to happen. The good ending looks like Shou is going to get over her ex while Utsumi helps Yuki resolve her past and end up with another guy.

Y'know, I'd be right there with you if it wasn't for the original one-shot probably. I've personally liked Shou most for a while, but I think if the author runs the story all the way out the way I think she wants it to go, Utsumi will end up with Yuki.

Tn7HA0h.png

Jalein

Jalein

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
None, I hope he grows a pair and stops being lap dog for broken goods and finds a real woman who isn't a bundle personal issues.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

None, I hope he grows a pair and stops being lap dog for broken goods and finds a real woman who isn't a bundle personal issues.

Well, if we were all writing it I'd for one sure agree with you all the way, but.........oh well, I don't think we're gonna get that option (too bad, too). Besides, do we even have anyone like that in this whole manga? I think almost every female character is messed up in some way or another, right?

Tn7HA0h.png