Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tower of God Q&A

tog lahel rachel star

• Please log in to reply
2563 replies to this topic

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

naver links are strange, if you click on them yourself you can acces, but if you try to open then after someone reposted them elsewhere you can't access

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

kandiana

kandiana

Potato

• Members
  • 143 posts

I don't really understand how it works, but you can open such pictures with incognito mode...

A blizzard in the midst of april -
I love it so very much!
To walk trough snowdrifts in sneakers,
To feel the snowflakes on eyes,
To see the snow heavy layers
Lay on the blossoms born in vain.
A blizzard in the midst of april...
I wish the winter had the same.

gus

gus

Couch Potato

• tC Donator
  • 2,335 posts

i have a question does the word what on earth show up in the raw ?

m5siUe7.jpg?1

M.A.D

M.A.D

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 259 posts

Can anyone please tell me where I can find the English translation of the character sheets and stats? Thanks!

...or do you believe, that the individual can steer the ship of self, to his port of choice, however emphatically the world may try to blow him? - JoJo

whatever3004

whatever3004

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationVirtual World of a certain MMORPG

Can anyone please tell me where I can find the English translation of the character sheets and stats? Thanks!

I think you can find everything here

​Tower of God

and as per SIU, Regular Stat Cards are no longer valid

Edited by whatever3004, 01 April 2016 - 06:24 PM.

Snowl

Snowl

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationCanada

Is the train arc over? I've been waiting to binge read it.

death2boredom

death2boredom

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,096 posts

Is the train arc over? I've been waiting to binge read it.

Nope. SIU took a few weeks off and it looks like the train arc will continue for maybe 3 months. Part of it is over though.

Spoiler

temp1366

temp1366

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

What's this page about?

http://nstore.naver.com/comic/detail.nhn?productNo=2140867

Are they selling more complete version of TOG? or next chapters beforehand?

gus

gus

Couch Potato

• tC Donator
  • 2,335 posts

What's this page about?

http://nstore.naver.com/comic/detail.nhn?productNo=2140867

Are they selling more complete version of TOG? or next chapters beforehand?

yes your correct

their a new system you could see the next chapter in the preview section for a price

it not open for foreigners tho

Edited by gus, 11 June 2016 - 08:29 PM.

m5siUe7.jpg?1

death2boredom

death2boredom

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,096 posts

Does anyone know how and if a nonresident of Korea can purchase anything off of Naver? I've made an account and tried, but there seems to be some number or code that I need to actually make a purchase.

Spoiler

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

Does anyone know how and if a nonresident of Korea can purchase anything off of Naver? I've made an account and tried, but there seems to be some number or code that I need to actually make a purchase.

If you are talking about the preview scheme, you can't subscribe to it. Unless you are a Korean citizen, that is. ;)

Edited by 101010, 11 July 2016 - 06:13 PM.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Just to add to what 101010 has rightly said, it's actually not just this single topic.......the bottom line is that all the Korean web comic publishers want absolutey  nothing to do with non-Koreans (I'm strictly speaking of webtoons, the only topic that interests me/I have knowledge of). This extends to not only Naver but (at the very least) Daum and foxtoon as well (that I have firsthand knowledge of) and is not just purchases.....at the very least it also includes registering your age in order to view the mature content (simply 18+ stuff is all I'm talking about here) as well.

And yes, there isn't a single business-type thing you can do with any of the Korean web comics/publishers that won't go back to either some sort of officially issued ID, domestic Korean credit card, or phone number. 

Take it how it's meant........they don't want anything to do with non-Koreans on this topic, and have gone to great lengths to attempt to ensure everybody else be excluded. It's impossible to get back-issues on what's now a majority of any of these webtoons unless you can find a proxy to get them for you.

Tn7HA0h.png

Lighthouse

Lighthouse

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationWA

In season 2 episode 218There's a thought bubble/box that says: "Since he encountered that monster after fighting Hoaquin and entering the steam cooker thing, something..." and the in the panel after has a text box that says: "...It's surprising that he managed to dodge the needle flying at him from my invisible inventory,"

The second quote like likely from Kaiser since she is the one with the invisible inventory. I'd assume the first quote is from her too since it looks like the second quote is a continuation from the first one.  I haven't read ToG in a month or two, but I don't remember Kaiser knowing about the rice cooker, did I forget the part where she learned about it? Same for the monster, does anyone know about the monster at that point besides Baam and the giant?

Baked Gnome

Baked Gnome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 384 posts

No dude. That's Koon thought bubble. It's probably in a bad position or something. But Koon and the nameless are watching the entire fight. 

(And Koon knows about the rice pot and the "monster"/guardian/whatever)

Edited by Baked Gnome, 22 October 2016 - 03:41 AM.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth
Probably that's another mistranslation from Line, judging LaFa's summary, it seems it's Baam's thoughts.

http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/25426-spoilers-until-the-dawn-of-time-tower-of-god-leaked-chapters/?p=1764277

Lighthouse

Lighthouse

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationWA

I have a few other questions based on current chapter. I'm a somewhat lost and confused so sorry if I'm not making some sense.

"The day that Jahad announced that he would stop climbing the tower and become a king[,] he hid the key that can open the door to the higher floors. That's why no one on this tower can go any higher than the 134th floor."

Does this contradict what previous blog posts said? Granted these next quotes are directly from the wiki and not direct quotes of the blog posts (or maybe they could be, too lazy to check):

"The Guardian [of the 135th floor] is said to be extremely hostile and nobody has been able defeat it or pass its test yet, which is why the current "top" of the Tower is the 134th Floor."

Wasn't it that Jahad was trying to advance to the 136th floor, but the guardian wouldn't let him?

Also, wasn't the current leader of the tower, since Jahad is apparently inactive, not interested in advancing the current floor instead?

I know SIU said his older blog posts aren't to be taken as the right fact now, but I still wonder if what Rachel said fits in with those posts or not.

drakeramoray

drakeramoray

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • LocationMsc

I have a few other questions based on current chapter. I'm a somewhat lost and confused so sorry if I'm not making some sense.

"The day that Jahad announced that he would stop climbing the tower and become a king[,] he hid the key that can open the door to the higher floors. That's why no one on this tower can go any higher than the 134th floor."

Does this contradict what previous blog posts said? Granted these next quotes are directly from the wiki and not direct quotes of the blog posts (or maybe they could be, too lazy to check):

"The Guardian [of the 135th floor] is said to be extremely hostile and nobody has been able defeat it or pass its test yet, which is why the current "top" of the Tower is the 134th Floor."

Wasn't it that Jahad was trying to advance to the 136th floor, but the guardian wouldn't let him?

Also, wasn't the current leader of the tower, since Jahad is apparently inactive, not interested in advancing the current floor instead?

I know SIU said his older blog posts aren't to be taken as the right fact now, but I still wonder if what Rachel said fits in with those posts or not.

Yeah I thought the same. Well maybe what Rachel knows is not true at all. Whoever gave her that info could've just made it up right?

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Did SIU ever said Zahard can't pass 134th floor because of the guardian of 135th floor being hostile? Maybe it's something we speculated after SIU mentioned how hostile 135th floor guardian is. It's said other rankers are allowed to take the 134th test, who knows maybe 135th guardian is always hostile toward everybody because of losing his key to Zahard....that maybe also why Phanta raided Zahard's castle, because of the key.

Edited by salvatore, 21 December 2016 - 07:47 PM.

Lighthouse

Lighthouse

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationWA

Did SIU ever said Zahard can't pass 134th floor because of the guardian of 135th floor being hostile? Maybe it's something we speculated after SIU mentioned how hostile 135th floor guardian is. It's said other rankers are allowed to take the 134th test, who knows maybe 135th guardian is always hostile toward everybody because of losing his key to Zahard....that maybe also why Phanta raided Zahard's castle, because of the key.

I'm having trouble finding the blog post... I could find all the ones for season 1, but none of the info for Zahard still trying to climb was there. The source the wikia gives links to a post here saying:

"About your question: It is stated within the blog that Jahad could not get past the 135th Floor because the Guardians would turn very hostile on that floor. Currently, he's being inactive, gathering strength and forces to attempt to try at the 135th floor again. Also, if you become a High Ranker (Top 1% Ranker), you are given a chance to try the 135th Floor"

- 25th_chestnut http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/832-master-author-blogtranslations-thread/

What's funny is that he says this after: "My own personal opinion in the theory is that Jahad cannot pass the test on the 135th floor, in reality, he's just trying to stay a ruler of the tower."

Also, I never knew Jahad was an old translation. :o

I love sleeping

I love sleeping

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 504 posts

I can't rmbr did we ever have a popularity poll?

How is the character popularity atm among koreans?