Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Pokemon Games

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~
because I'm so unnerdy that I don't know any other games >_> apart from zelda and ff that is. but they don't really count since everyone knows them e.e

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationLost in the Echo
Which pokemon game do you prefer? My favorite is pokemon yellow for gameboy color, and following closely is pokemon crystal.

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Need staff help? You can go to Staff Support.
Need site help? You can go to Batoto Support.
You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.
If all else fails you can feel free to send me a PM.

Icee

Icee

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 666 posts
I remember having played Pokemon Yellow on my Gameboy Colour... Might've played the Red too... hm...
So Yellow it is... seeing how I didn't really play any other ones :(

IM or it's for naught

Frost

Frost

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,862 posts
  • LocationLost in dreams of other worlds
I've played blue, fire red, emerald was the latest for me I think

signature.jpg

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~
e_____e

Am I the only one who's played the DS ones? D:

Icee

Icee

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 666 posts
Probably not... I know I haven't since I don't own a DS... The latest handheld console I have is the Gameboy advance to give you an idea <_<
Which one was it though? I'm curious xD

IM or it's for naught

Frost

Frost

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,862 posts
oh wait srry yea I played the ds one too never got far tho played diamond and have black but never played it

signature.jpg

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts
Oh wow, I used to be obsessed with those games. I had Red, Blue, and Yellow (Red was my favorite, likely because it was my first. And also, Charizard.). Then I got Silver, Gold, and Crystal (Gold was my fave, because Ho-oh is cooler than Lugia), then Sapphire, Ruby, and...didn't get Emerald. That's when I stopped. I got Platinum not too long ago, and I'm still playing it on and off. Haven't even considered Black/White yet, or any of the remakes, and it seems more will be coming out soon...but I guess my Pokemon phase is over now.

I also had Pokemon Stadium(1 and 2) and Pokemon Snap for the N64. Pokemon Snap was amazing. I still like to play it every now and then.

Icee

Icee

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 666 posts
^^ Pokemon Snap... I remember playing that I was like five... I LOVED that, really. I just remember the lava/volcano part though xD
My older brother when he'd wanna get rid of me would just put me on that game... Been a long time since I've played it... I miss my Nintendo 64 :(

IM or it's for naught

Frost

Frost

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,862 posts
Yea after diamond I stopped, pokemon ranger on the DS was pretty fun too.

The new pokemon is getting kinda ridiculous now, there's only so many pokemon u can come up with before they stop feeling unique anymore.
Kanto is still my favorite just because of all the memories waking up sat. mornings to watch the T.V series and I've watched almost all the movies.

signature.jpg

foxyeisenhower

foxyeisenhower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 795 posts
  • LocationKONY 2013 STOP SOPA RIP Spider-man too soon
competitive pokemon is a surprisingly deep but ultimately shameful community of manchildren who have ruined a children's game because they don't know how to let go
pokemon is a game for children and the second you lose sight of that you've have gone too far (unfortunately speaking from experience)

It's hella fun to play casually, I just wanted to warn you all never to look too far into the nerdy abyss

on the topic of gen 5, I think the new pokemon are plenty unique, you just got older. how you see pokemon from Black and White is how your parents saw Blue and Red

POKEMON SNAP WAS THE BEST. Nobody has made a better rail shooter, and it didn't even have guns.
Spoiler

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Last gen I played was Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. Am I still cool gaiz?

sig-1.png

Xbox User

Xbox User

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationXbox Dashboard
Played Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Snap, and Stadium 1 & 2. I passed down my DS to my sister and she has now played Ruby, Diamond, Platinum, White, and a bunch of those mystery dungeons.

Have to say I enjoyed Snap and the mini games in Stadium 1 & 2 the best. Having Pikachu follow you around in Yellow as pretty cool too, but getting passed the first gym sucked since I didn't level him up.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Please enjoy the show!

DoomJackal

DoomJackal

Potato

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Locationdragon realm
getting past the first gym in yellow is easy if you go out the left side of viridian and catch a mankey
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Xbox User

Xbox User

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationXbox Dashboard
What heck? Really? I seriously never knew that. No sarcasm. I'm being honest here.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Please enjoy the show!

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts
Actually, it's pretty easy if you just catch a Butterfree (or evolve one). That's probably the easiest thing to do in the forest, and they have some spore attack that's really useful against Brock's pokemon. Pretty sure I spent hours wandering around not knowing what to do before I figured that out. Unless I'm remembering it completely wrong, which is possible.

I didn't really like Yellow much. Mostly because I missed my Charmander, and it felt weird seeing Pikachu the same size as my character. I wanted him to be small like in the anime, but I kept imagining a four foot tall PIkachu...it was disturbing.

Seiris21

Seiris21

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationWandering the Celestial Plain
I remember Yellow version ^^; used my Master Ball on a Tentacruel, taught Charmander all the HMs, and accidentally released Squirtle

Ushuro

Ushuro

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMy reality
In my humble opinion, the second generations of Pokemon (that is Pokemon Silver, Gold and Crystal) is the best. I like the first one, but the second really takes the cake with its kickass starters and the overall adventure. Regardless this fact, I played about every RPG Pokemon games in existence, except the Yellow, Emerald and Platinum version.
Posted Image

Seiris21

Seiris21

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationWandering the Celestial Plain
Do you like the remakes of Gold/Silver better than the originals?

foxyeisenhower

foxyeisenhower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 795 posts
  • LocationKONY 2013 STOP SOPA RIP Spider-man too soon

getting past the first gym in yellow is easy if you go out the left side of viridian and catch a mankey

FUCK

Do you like the remakes of Gold/Silver better than the originals?

It doesn't have the same sense of scale as the originals, Gold/silver was the complete pokemon experience and they really haven't innovated or expanded all that much since then
They're definitely worth playing, but you won't go back to that magical night you stayed up beating the elite four, then it finally dawned on you that you had an entire second half of the game left...

The extra gyms feel more like a chore now. The new mechanics are fun and all but man, G/S was the shit

Edited by foxyeisenhower, 08 May 2012 - 05:49 PM.

Spoiler