Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Change 1 Letter.

• Please log in to reply
11812 replies to this topic

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Wier

I thought becoming a eunuch for the kingdom fell out of fashion ever since the end of whatever era in China, but if it's what the cool kids these days are doing I guess you can sign me up.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Vier

If we all become eunuchs, where are the kids, let alone cool ones

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Veer

IIRC old China actually had that as a genuine problem at one point and had to forbid people from becoming government officials if they were already eunuchs, so people would stop volunteering for the procedure to show willing.

These days, I'd say overpopulation is a serious problem anyway, so what's the big deal? Besides, thanks to science, lesbians should be able to go on having kids with without men anyway. So it should work itself out, or something.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Peer

Aww, it's not the same without lewding :/

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Pear

Doesn't that just make it more interesting? One would have to find other ways to keep the romance exciting.

Alternatively—I would submit the devil's advocate argument that if a eunuch loves you, it must be true love, because otherwise what's going on anyway?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Peak

If you say so uwu

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.

Whoa lame
did you just not check the previous two posts

I think at some point while thinking through what the next word should be, I forgot the older entries and thought fern would be a nice alternative (over turn, torn, teen or tera). I'm sorry about that, but it definitely wasn't intentional. Anyway, it's a little too late to edit the post now.

Perk

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Pert

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Peat

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Meat

...and it's 3:33 now or thereabouts, so time for me to finally nod off, I think.

See y'all tomorrow... Or, like, later today, even, maybe. ~w~

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
Mean

Good night pokari! See you later.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Meal

Night night ^-^

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Veal

I went to sleep right before this ~w~

Happy sleeping~

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

Deal 

The deal with eunuchs:

For the most part people didn't want to become eunuchs. The stigma that it carries now is also true back then. During times of starvation / famine / natural disaster (which happens often), you have cases where entire villages castrate themselves and seek out the job as a measure of last resort. So during those exceptional times, you have to make rules that prevent this measure so not every village in the disaster zone subject themselves to these kinds of extreme measures. Actually having eunuchs as a job of last resort isn't too bad. Compare this to the tax drivers that we have, who are slowly being replaced by autonomous cars and committing suicide out of despair.

Then there's the political aspect of eunuchs. Eunuchs are very useful to the emperor, who governs over a large and vast bureaucratic machinery. It was independently discovered by both the Chinese and the Roman emperors to deal with the threat of political cliques. At the end of the severian dynasty in Rome for example, the average lifespan of an emperor was like 4 years. They went through 20 or emperors in the 80 years, only 2 of which died of natural causes, including one emperor was a sickly frail old man when he got elected by senators. More of often than not the head of the praetorian guard in charge of their protection would take them out. So in the end, the idea was to use eunuchs as a counterbalance force - because eunuchs for the most part are upstarts, have no leverage (no family, no kids), and draw their power directly from the emperor - so they are 100% loyal. On that of that, they are twisted, in a physical, emotional, and psychological sense, so they're perfect for things like CIA, FBI, military intelligence, etc.

Japan never really adopted eunuchs from China, probably because they didn't have an empire to take care of. For the most part they were defending themselves from empires, the Chinese, the Mogolian, the Russian ,etc. However, when Japan finally got their act together and started dominating the seas with their superb naval fleet (which they still do actually) they didn't have the political sophistication to rein in the military. There was some attempt to rein in the military at the beginning of last century. Whenever the finance minister would try to cut the military budget, they would get assassinated. After assassinating some finance ministers and even a prime minister or two, the military pretty much got everything they wanted. And from there you can pretty much see the rise of militarism, WWI, II, etc..

The eunuchs Jesus talking about was slightly different. Namely there was no need for the humans to continue having kids because the kingdom of heaven was at head. Appocalyptic prophet + ascetic traditions.

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 25 June 2018 - 04:41 PM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Dear

Informative.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

deer

Meh, any patriot who love their country would know something about empire-craft

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Peer

The proper use of caps and punctuation suggests you take this relatively seriously, unlike the usual fishy fare.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Peek

I feel compelled to disclaim that the "like" I have added to Pit's post should be taken to exclude the crack about eunuchs having twisted, CIA-appropriate personalities.

I mean, obviously anyone going into intelligence is a little crazy (shh, I mean that in a nice way, Mr. or Ms. NSA agent reading this (just in case; can't be too sure :'D)). But I've never heard anything about non-punitive castrati having any particular psychological problems.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Meek

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Meep!