Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Recent Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

t0eknee

t0eknee

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Lol I like the part where the girl ask Imamura to walk home together and he just brushes it off like it was nothing. Usually it goes like this *Blushes* Protagonist's thoughts: OMG OMG OMG a girl actually ask me to walk home together OMG what do I do?.

I really like that the main character are not like those douchie kind of character that gets embarrassed every single time a girl talks to them.

Da Capo Effect

Da Capo Effect

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
I think Imamura is still a little hung up on what happened the first time around. He keeps questioning himself and doesn't like look the normal dense Protagonist while still being it.

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
If anything, he is just socially awkward and still has to get used to socializing with others. Nevertheless, what I love the most about him is that he doesn't make it a big deal like he's desperate for interaction. His casual approach to it all is something I could see anyone if they were in this situation. I only wish there were more chapters...

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
I wouldn't call it casual. More suspicious. He knows who and what he is: For three years he had it rubbed in, he's a loser that girls ignore. But also, he's watched all the interactions for three years. These kids are manipulative brats, but he's actually three years older than they are and he's seen what they do.
So now this girl is trying to make him think she's interested? Yeah, right. He knows that means she wants something from him, because there's no other reason girls approach guys like him.

Of course ironically, while he's technically right, he's also partly misreading the situation. It's the beginning of the school year--they don't know he's a loser yet, and loserdom is all about perception. And since he's got other things on his mind, and some passion about something, unconsciously that's making him kind of cool; seems like the girl sent to sucker him is actually falling for him. Any bets on whether, before the fatal joint-practice day actually comes around, she defects and tells him what's going down? I think she's gonna be seduced by the contrast between his sincerity and the cheerleading captain's blatant bitchy treachery.

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
Well, you have to remember why Reo wanted to join the cheerleading club to begin with. She wanted to do something else besides being a dedicated student. Overall, I see her as a nice girl who wants to fit in with a group. However, with the way the cheerleading captain goes to great lengths to ruin the cheer club, I am willing to wager that Reo wouldn't want to be associated with them anymore.

I am fully confident that Reo will defect to Imamura's side.

On the subject of Imamura's character, I think he is a remarkable and complex individual. Although he suffers from indecision and social awkwardness stemming from his time as a loner, Imamura displays great conviction that will draw others to him. His blunt honesty is appealing and it's clear that his classmates are beginning to see him in a different light than what his appearance suggests.

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts

Well, you have to remember why Reo wanted to join the cheerleading club to begin with. She wanted to do something else besides being a dedicated student. Overall, I see her as a nice girl who wants to fit in with a group. However, with the way the cheerleading captain goes to great lengths to ruin the cheer club, I am willing to wager that Reo wouldn't want to be associated with them anymore.

I am fully confident that Reo will defect to Imamura's side.

On the subject of Imamura's character, I think he is a remarkable and complex individual. Although he suffers from indecision and social awkwardness stemming from his time as a loner, Imamura displays great conviction that will draw others to him. His blunt honesty is appealing and it's clear that his classmates are beginning to see him in a different light than what his appearance suggests.

I agree. Also, in a way, Reo probably realizes she is similar to Imamura in the fact that they both have a desire to fit in, which is probably why I think she's beginning to take a liking to him as a friend.

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
Not to mention that if you're genre-savvy, you could probably guess that Reo will be falling for Imamura.

Aereus

Aereus

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 92 posts
I was hoping for awhile that the Cheerleading head was legit, but I guess not :) Her chara design didn't belie any obvious douchebaggery, at least.

Arlo

Arlo

Potato

• Members
  • 145 posts
As of ch12:

The way that Imamura played the former cheering squad members was brilliant, and it's too bad that then Usami screwed it up. Sort of predictable at this point though. And it showed Imamura's strength - he's got good insight into why the kids do what they do, so he can play them reasonably well, but at some level he just doesn't care, so he can take chances, content that if it fails, things still can't be any worse than they were the first time around.

Curious to see what happens with Usami - she's been at least a bit too antagonistic all along (and it's long been hinted that that's part of the reason that the cheering squad didn't have any other members), but with her blow-up at the former squad members, she's really about due for a good kick in the teeth from reality. And there's more to the fact that the rest of the members quit than just Usami - there's something with the advisor - link.

And I really want to know what's in that bottle....

Great series.

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
Despite Usami's stubbornness and antagonism, you have to admire her spirit and conviction to the Cheering Squad. It's obvious at this point as to why the Cheering Squad was disbanded in the original timeline but I think with the introduction of Imamura redoing his school life, we may be able to see how his influence would help evolve Usami to become a better person. It would also allow a romance to begin between the two of them.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
I see Usami as being trapped in the wrong generation. She's a traditionalist, a throwback to a hardass 'work till you drop and believe 100%, no compromises unto death' Japan of the past. And then she gets mad because she doesn't understand why that doesn't work any more, and her ethos says showing any flexibility is bad.
It's endearing in a way, but it surely makes her a massive pain in the ol' gluteus maximus.
But yeah, I feel like you can get a better feel and sympathy for her if you imagine she's just been timeported forward from a few decades in the past, and suffering massive culture shock. Which in a weird way makes her the opposite of Imamura . . .

NamelessMapler

NamelessMapler

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
Haha, the latest chapters, 11 and 12, made me laugh. Usami is very traditional and I can see that she is a 'spoiled brat' as it said in ch 12. Sorta makes her cuter though, lmao. I can't wait to see how she gets out of this now since all the members and could-be-members left.
I am AKA: Spearsmen620
Spoiler

If you play ExtaliaMS, Sub me on YouTube!

Arlo

Arlo

Potato

• Members
  • 145 posts
It's nice to see a Fujieda chapter (18). I've been hoping that we'd see more of her story. Her "again" could be at least as interesting as Imamura's, but in an entirely different way, since she thought her first time through was perfect, so instead of doing something different with the second chance, she's trying (and failing) to do the same thing all over again. I suspect, or hope at least, that what she (and we) will find is that the first time through wasn't as perfect as she might've thought.

theroadstopshere

theroadstopshere

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 366 posts
  • LocationThat great potato farm in the sky

It's nice to see a Fujieda chapter (18). I've been hoping that we'd see more of her story. Her "again" could be at least as interesting as Imamura's, but in an entirely different way, since she thought her first time through was perfect, so instead of doing something different with the second chance, she's trying (and failing) to do the same thing all over again. I suspect, or hope at least, that what she (and we) will find is that the first time through wasn't as perfect as she might've thought.

I agree. Her problem now is that she romanticized her high school life before, remembering only the best parts of it. Now she's having to relive the slow and monotonous years before she was able to have that happiness.

Also, not sure whether to laugh or feel bad for our new friend on the baseball team. Its too bad about his unrequited love, but the way things worked out was hilarious. His expressions were great, too.
Hopefully, Imamura and co. can fire him back up for going after her/koshien. One or the other.
"Life isn't about lasting through the storms, its about learning to dance in the rain."

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
Man I love this manga, I can't believe I put off reading it as long as I did. Really can't wait for more of it.

Tn7HA0h.png

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)
so now he has changed another past, I wonder if it's not possible for him to return to the same time now, not saying he would want to, cause that time would be different, it's like he is now in an path to an alternate future / alternate reality.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Yeah that was a great chapter, Imamura is really great.....despite himself. My favorite line, I'm not even your friend, give me my time and effort back!! Hilarious.

Tn7HA0h.png

Squirrely

Squirrely

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
The protagonist of this manga is a breath of fresh air for me, his way of thinking and the fact that he can speak his mind is really nice to see. This recent chapter just solidifies the feeling that I'm going to enjoy this manga as it progresses.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
"We're going to practice until we start coughing up blood!" hahaha!!! aw man, i just love this manga! the chief is certifiably wacko, she's just the best character in this story! :D

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Great new chapter, I've missed the humor this manga has

Tn7HA0h.png