Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Jormungand Anime

jormungand anime

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Locationwith your lover
Recently, sometime mid-April, there was an anime adaptation made of Jormungand.

Are there any fans? Any thoughts on how true it stayed to the manga?

Personally, I enjoyed it. I think it retained the feeling of the manga. The shoot outs don't seem to be as dynamic or high-powered, but the characters and dealings are exactly what I imagined them to be minus valmet.

I feel very weird posting this here as there doesn't seem to be many Topics in the Anime sub-forum...
please move this if it's in the wrong position... oot.

yes, i bite

fp | ig

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail
Just saw episode 3.
Epic, Epic, Epic!

Indeed, they made a very good job of keeping the feel of the manga.
The VA's do a pretty good job of portraying the characters.
I had no problems with the shootouts, and the fight scene between Valmet and Myld in ep. 2 looked better animated IMO.

Definitely my favorite anime of the season.

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Locationwith your lover
Oh, I haven't seen that scene. Internet cut off as I was loading it.
I'm actually very curious to see how they'll approach everyone's backstory. I'm especially interested in Valmet's and seeing who they choose to voice Kasper.

edit: I still think it's sort of stiff and that they could've worked the camera angles a bit better. but, it's still really good. loading the third episode as I type (:

Edited by YanYan, 27 April 2012 - 02:24 PM.

yes, i bite

fp | ig

fingergod

fingergod

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
i like the anime, imo it's one of the best anime series this season.
well to be honest i've never read the manga so i'm feeling excited waiting for the next episode

A.E ✰

A.E ✰

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In Neverland ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
im currently downloading it right now and based from what you guys just said.. hdtv it is!

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,703 posts
  • LocationSomewhere. Nowhere. Everywhere.
I like the manga haven't touch the anime yet, but I will at some point, but the manga are so hard to find with the closure of Borders and B&N has tiny selection. And NY well they stop having this service where if one store does not have it they will go to another store that does have it and get it from there and sell it to you. It nice having to pay just $10.00
bhestw.jpgTincek-Marincek

TheCreepin32

TheCreepin32

Potato

• Members
  • 124 posts
Compared to Black lagoon, how is it?

luukia

luukia

Potato

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
i haven't watched Black Lagoon yet :(

oh and.. i've read the manga of Jormungand.. and i think.. the anime is pretty good :D
even though i hope they'd show Koko's lunatic side more..

Code21

Code21

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFuture
Haven't read the manga but I watched the anime, I really liked it and seems like season two coming out at October this year.

tumblr_na44z8zaq61roxgxho1_400.png

Spoiler

Freez

Freez

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
great series. i have read the manga till 8 volume, theres still another 2 volume, but cant find it anywhere. even in the biggest book store in my country T_T

Alien Entity

Alien Entity

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationBatoto

Compared to Black lagoon, how is it?

I would say black lagoon is better for now..,since i only watch about five episodes of this and stop. Just couldn't go along with this story

!

bxy0.png

17.jpg

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts

I would say black lagoon is better for now..,since i only watch about five episodes of this and stop. Just couldn't go along with this story

GTFO off haha.
If you didn't watch the whole thing, you can't even know what's going on.
Black Lagoon? STFU, it can't even compare to a bullet in Jormungand.

Alien Entity

Alien Entity

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationBatoto
I finally watch it all and it looks good,plus six pack abs valmet was sweet. Season 2 should be interesting. And I fogot to mention Jonah looks like one of those Ishbalan character from Fullmetal.lol

!

bxy0.png

17.jpg

Miki

Miki

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • LocationIn the trash....

I really liked the anime but I think the manga is much funnier

tumblr_mj1tf4Zx0V1s6wcafo1_500.gif                             tumblr_nda9f1laEv1s74qeso2_250.png

Spoiler