Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Manga about a Female Ghost from a Mask

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Canisferus

Canisferus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
Does anyone know of a manga about a female ghost trapped in a mask at a shrine but get released when the teenage son, the main character, breaks the mask by accident.

A monster appears due to the ghost's regret and the teenage boy uses his spiritual powers and a buddist prayer to save the day.

And the boy has a crush on his teacher and she was about to go on an omiai and the teenage boy, set to inherit the shrine was among the possible suitors.

Does that ring a bell with anyone?

Frost

Frost

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,862 posts
  • LocationLost in dreams of other worlds
Doesn't ring a bell for me but sounds interesting, I might want to check this manga out too.

+1 to find out the answer to this mystery!

signature.jpg

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!
Indeed looks interesting, Could the mask be a sword. If so might have read it once but no idea how it's called -.-

You can take a look at:

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=34813
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=72698
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=47445

Doubt it's any of this ones though

Edited by Laurens D, 24 April 2012 - 09:29 PM.

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

Canisferus

Canisferus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
Laurens, No it was definitely a mask. The lady ghost had been in love with a mask-maker and drowned herself when the mask-maker was forced to marry another. The teen boy accidently breaks the mask and out comes the lady ghost!

But those you suggested looked interesting too. ;-)

Edited by Canisferus, 25 April 2012 - 08:34 AM.

Akuma Sweet

Akuma Sweet

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 52 posts
  • LocationInferno
Yes the person above me is correct, I've read this manga but I can't remember the name or find it on mangaupdates

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.
I found a manga about mask makers, but it doesn't look like it's the one you're looking for...nothing about a haunted mask that breaks or anything. Half of it is text and text and more text.

Can't find anything else, though; I've been scouting Mangaupdates but nothing relevant comes up...

UIqflpq.jpg

Canisferus

Canisferus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
SweetAkuma - Someone else has seen this manga. I'm glad. This means i'm not crazy.

Bottlebert, Ya gotta tell me... what's the manga your spoiler is from?

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!
this one? http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=24117

Description:
Once upon a time, there was a courtesan who fell in love with an impoverished Noh-mask maker. However, when her lover rejected her, the courtesan threw herself from a bridge in dispair. She left behind a note cursing him and his descendents. In current day one of that man’s decendents, Izou, discovers that the guardian mask at his temple has cracked and the ghost of the past has come back for her lover.

Edited by Laurens D, 15 May 2012 - 08:29 PM.

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

Canisferus

Canisferus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
YES! Izoraba! How'd you find it?!

Seems the group Scan/TLing it dropped it. September 2008 was the last release. I thought it had a good story line but too eechi.

Edited by Canisferus, 17 May 2012 - 09:10 PM.

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!

YES! Izoraba! How'd you find it?!

Seems the group Scan/TLing it dropped it. September 2008 was the last release. I thought it had a good story line.

Typed in google "mask-maker manga" it was on the first result :P also the english name is 'izo's lover!'

Edited by Laurens D, 16 May 2012 - 12:49 PM.

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

Canisferus

Canisferus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
I tried something like that-- "ghost from a mask + manga" and got nowhere. But it wasn't on Google.

Edited by Canisferus, 17 May 2012 - 09:16 PM.

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.

Bottlebert, Ya gotta tell me... what's the manga your spoiler is from?

B Gata H Kei.

Now go freakin' read it.

UIqflpq.jpg