Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Suggestion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

pandastew

pandastew

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
So I have a few suggestions

1.) When members follow a manga, by default you should make it so that they follow the manga in the language they have chosen to read in. (I don't need to get updates about a chapter being released in Spanish or Italian)

2.) On the main page, make it an option to sort new chapter release by categories. ( I want the ability to only see English only releases and exclude Shojo, Smut, Shonen Ai from new releases)
I'm looking for good Ramen places in California. Drop me a message if you know one! Thanksss...

want a recommendation on a manga that you may never heard of?

Vinland Saga, Bartender, Otoyomegatari, Katana, Team Medical Dragon, Blood Alone, Dance in the Vampire Bund

God Ginrai

God Ginrai

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 218 posts

So I have a few suggestions

1.) When members follow a manga, by default you should make it so that they follow the manga in the language they have chosen to read in. (I don't need to get updates about a chapter being released in Spanish or Italian)

2.) On the main page, make it an option to sort new chapter release by categories. ( I want the ability to only see English only releases and exclude Shojo, Smut, Shonen Ai from new releases)

1) This already happens. Look for the flags at the top of your follows page. It defines the language the follows will display.

2) Language options have been asked for many times already, and we have yet to see any response. However, being able to filter the releases based on genre is a really neat idea. I would definitely make use of it if the feature was available.

-God Ginrai

Edited by God Ginrai, 18 April 2012 - 05:57 PM.

Cookiez13

Cookiez13

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
o.o yea i like the second idea but i also want an app for batoto

tylerl

tylerl

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I was about to make a thread exactly about number 2, I hope this gets implemented, as I don't really want to read mangas with Smut/Shoujo, etc. I believe that Mangaupdates has a genre filter like this on their site..

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo
Site-wide language filter will be included in the upcoming update.

EDIT: more info here: click

Edited by powha, 21 May 2012 - 06:58 PM.

pandastew

pandastew

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
Hey guys love the site as a big user of this site I have some recommendations that I hope you guys can implement if you find it useful

1.) Comments made in a manga's main page (not the forum) should be searchable when you click your name and in to your account. I post comments in many mangas and truthfully I don't even remember where I type a comment in and see if others had made a reply

2.) "My follow" in the right should be clickable (with hyperlink) to go into your "Follows" that is available at the bottom of the page. That way users who want to see all his Follows can do so easier

3.) as with my previous suggestion listed on ( http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/5728-suggestion/page__p__164597#entry164597 ) I still believe that you should make the main page customizable by allowing users to exclude certain category that users don't follow which in my case are Shojo, Yaoi, Shonen Ai.

4.) also with my previous suggestion I also think that you should be able to filter the main page for i.e. only English releases without seeing other languages that clutters the main page imo.

5.) Different language releases other than the one you wanted (for me English is my main language) should not affect the My Follow section. I noticed that when other language chapters are released, this section is updated as if new update came up with the date set is still set to the last english chapter released.

Thank you.
I'm looking for good Ramen places in California. Drop me a message if you know one! Thanksss...

want a recommendation on a manga that you may never heard of?

Vinland Saga, Bartender, Otoyomegatari, Katana, Team Medical Dragon, Blood Alone, Dance in the Vampire Bund

God Ginrai

God Ginrai

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 218 posts

1.) Comments made in a manga's main page (not the forum) should be searchable when you click your name and in to your account. I post comments in many mangas and truthfully I don't even remember where I type a comment in and see if others had made a reply

That does sound useful. I'm surprised you can't already do that.

2.) "My follow" in the right should be clickable (with hyperlink) to go into your "Follows" that is available at the bottom of the page. That way users who want to see all his Follows can do so easier

They can get there w/ the "View All" button not far below, but it would probably still be useful to hyperlink that.

3.) as with my previous suggestion listed on ( http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/5728-suggestion/page__p__164597#entry164597 ) I still believe that you should make the main page customizable by allowing users to exclude certain category that users don't follow which in my case are Shojo, Yaoi, Shonen Ai.

Already being discussed in other topics in this forum, please contribute to the discussion in one of them.

4.) also with my previous suggestion I also think that you should be able to filter the main page for i.e. only English releases without seeing other languages that clutters the main page imo.

Already being discussed in other topics in this forum, please contribute to the discussion in one of them.

5.) Different language releases other than the one you wanted (for me English is my main language) should not affect the My Follow section. I noticed that when other language chapters are released, this section is updated as if new update came up with the date set is still set to the last english chapter released.

In the future, can you please separate your suggestions into multiple topics? That way, you can make your topic reflective of your suggestion, and the topic is easier to follow because everyone is discussing the main topic. (Even if people are not discussing the main topic, the other topics normally are tangent to the main topic)

As for suggestions that are already present in other topics, just post in those. If the most recent topic discussing it is months old, then you can start a new one and simply link to the old one in your topic post so new readers can get some background on the discussion.

-God Ginrai

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...

Thank you.

There is a way to do this (sort of). Go to your profile > Find Content > Sort By Content Type, choose "Home" > Then "Comic Comments". As for the notifications, the comment section isn't really meant to be used the way it is used now, that's why we encourage the use of comic forums for more in-depth discussions. You can set it up that you'll know when someone likes a comment you made, but that's about it.

5.) Different language releases other than the one you wanted (for me English is my main language) should not affect the My Follow section. I noticed that when other language chapters are released, this section is updated as if new update came up with the date set is still set to the last english chapter released. Thank you.

(Topic: Site-wide Language Filter)
Q: Can I view the the main page/releases only in a specific language?
A: That is probably the most requested feature on the Batoto Support/Suggestion forums. As of writing, there is no option available to view the main page/releases in a specific language. However, it is on the pipeline to be implemented on the next site software upgrade. It should be available as soon as our site admins can work out the bugs from IPBoard 3.3.3. So just wait and cheer for them.

Grumpy is working on it.

Thank you.

You could've just appended this list to the first thread. Merging threads.

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!