Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Game Quotes

Video Game Quotes Sharing

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
Over the years, I've come across some cool & memorable video game quotes from time to time.
I was wondering if you guys have some that seems to stand out through the ages of time that you would like to share.
Here are some that are just off the top of me head ....
  • "This is the Round Table Deadman's words hold no meaning" - ACE COMBAT
  • 「あなたは何のために戦うていのですか」
    What are you fighting for?
    「この戦いの向こうに, 答えはあるのか。」
    Will there an answer beyond this battle?" - Armored Core fA
  • "If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh."
    (Magus) - Chrono Trigger
  • "...We loved so many, yet hated so much.
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...
    Yet even then, we ran like the wind...."
    - Chrono Cross
  • "The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..." (Sheik) - Legend of Zelda OoT
  • "Strength without determination means nothing, and determination without strength is equally useless."
    - (Godo) - Final Fantasy VII
  • "No matter what you are, even if you have tens or hundreds of million of lives, it won't matter.
    In any case, the dream is over. Here I come- As long as it exists, I'll prove that can kill even if its a god!"
    (Ryougi Shiki) - Melty Blood Actress Again
Will add on when I think of more....

Edited by 「豆釘 ~ 黑風影」, 17 April 2012 - 06:58 AM.

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts
  • LocationMelancholy Hill~
"TRY AGAIN"

Steam   Playlist   Tumblr   Watchlist   M.A.List

Spoiler

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
"An elderly man was sitting alone on a dark path, right? He wasn't certain of which direction to go, and he'd forgotten both where he was traveling to and who he was. He'd sat down for a moment to rest his weary legs, and suddenly looked up to see an elderly woman before him. She grinned toothlessly and with a cackle, spoke: 'Now your *third* wish. What will it be?'"
"'Third wish?' The man was baffled. 'How can it be a third wish if I haven't had a first and second wish?'"
"'You've had two wishes already,' the hag said, 'but your second wish was for me to return everything to the way it was before you had made your first wish. That's why you remember nothing; because everything is the way it was before you made any wishes.' She cackled at the poor berk. 'So it is that you have one wish left.'"
"'All right,' said the man, "I don't believe this, but there's no harm in wishing. I wish to know who I am.'"
"'Funny,' said the old woman as she granted his wish and disappeared forever. 'That was your first wish.'"
- Morte, Planescape: Torment

sig-1.png

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

"TRY AGAIN"

:D

Game Over.

• "No matter what you are, even if you have tens or hundreds of million of lives, it won't matter.
    In any case, the dream is over. Here I come- As long as it exists, I'll prove that can kill even if its a god!"
    (Ryougi Shiki) - Melty Blood Actress Again

Interesting, Melty Blood quote.

Ever read Shingetsutan Tsukihime or the sequel, Melty Blood? One interesting thing about this that I'm not sure I've ever seen anywhere else: Shingetsutan Tsukihime is a seinen manga, but the sequel, Melty Blood, is shounen.

Manga site, so it seemed relevant :P

Edited by bushwhacker2k, 19 April 2012 - 06:08 AM.

"This statement is not true."

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

Interesting, Melty Blood quote.

Ever read Shingetsutan Tsukihime or the sequel, Melty Blood? One interesting thing about this that I'm not sure I've ever seen anywhere else: Shingetsutan Tsukihime is a seinen manga, but the sequel, Melty Blood, is shounen.

Manga site, so it seemed relevant :P

I''ve played and read tsukihime + kagetsu tohya =D also read melty blood.
The differentiation I think is due the nature of tsukihime dealing with more serious mature settings (sex a cat is fine too, killing, mind of a sociopath, etc.) in more detail. Where as Melty Blood can be seen as unlocking mystery, beating the bad guy(dealing with monsters rather than human) and more humor less heavy, where little kids could relate to a little better without full understanding.

Edited by 「豆釘 ~ 黑風影」, 19 April 2012 - 07:21 AM.

• Guests
"War. War never Changes" - Fallout, Narrator (Ron Perlman)

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts
The start of a legend...

Spoiler

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts

I''ve played and read tsukihime + kagetsu tohya =D also read melty blood.
The differentiation I think is due the nature of tsukihime dealing with more serious mature settings (sex a cat is fine too, killing, mind of a sociopath, etc.) in more detail. Where as Melty Blood can be seen as unlocking mystery, beating the bad guy(dealing with monsters rather than human) and more humor less heavy, where little kids could relate to a little better without full understanding.

Pretty much outlining why they're seinen/shounen, what I meant to convey is that it's strange enough for a canon work in a series to change genres, but to go from a more mature genre to a less mature one is practically unheard of, because the people who'd find one appealing may not like the other. It works in shounen -> seinen because it's the growth of the series as a whole, but vice versa is bizarre. Not saying it's a bad thing, just that it's interesting enough to point out and rather unique.

a cat is fine too

I've heard this one before, did it originate from Tsukihime?

The start of a legend...

Spoiler

Also the start of a meme :P Good times...

Edited by bushwhacker2k, 19 April 2012 - 12:01 PM.

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
@bushwacker2k: I agree, for me as well I find it plently interesting alright =9 Although I would understand why people may refrain from reading melty bood or not consider it as official due the change in atmosphere.
Yes, a cat is fine too meme is link to a ecchi doujin from Hiroyuki, the mangaka that did Mangaka-san to Assistant-san.
You can find the entire translated doujin here http://danbooru.donmai.us/pool/show/240.

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts

Yes, a cat is fine too meme is link to a ecchi doujin from Hiroyuki, the mangaka that did Mangaka-san to Assistant-san.
You can find the entire translated doujin here http://danbooru.donmai.us/pool/show/240

:D I've actually read this before, I had thought this might be the source, but I couldn't tell.

FYI: anyone who is interested but wondering why the link isn't working, remove the period.

Edited by bushwhacker2k, 19 April 2012 - 11:55 PM.

Seiris21

Seiris21

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationWandering the Celestial Plain
"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate... Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yes, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Attaining one's dream requires a stern will and unfailing determination." - Nyx Avatar, Persona 3

Or something like that

darkhunter

darkhunter

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationDarkness World
Darksiders - the ending has agood dialog :P so better to show teh video, ps it has major spoilers:

Spoiler

Grim Fandango - i think i will have to replay it soon :P it has way to many funny characters

Spoiler

Super Mario Bros

Spoiler

Mortal Kombat

Spoiler

Mass Effect 1/2/3

Spoiler

Broken Identity
"People say I'm a freak, dark, weird, sick and twisted person, but I actually have the heart of a young girl ... in a jar, on my desk ..."
There is only one God ... and his name is Death.

King of Laziness

Suffering from: Procrastination Extraordinarius

Seiris21

Seiris21

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationWandering the Celestial Plain
Maya Fey: Umm would you mind taking a look at this?

Lisa Basil: I'm sorry. That data is SuPer Admin Restricted Desktop Access password protected.

Maya Fey: SuPer Admin Restricted Desktop Access password protected!? What!? This is Madness!

Phoenix Wright: No Maya. That is S.P.A.R.D.A. She won't tell us until we say the right code word.

- Phoenix Wright, Recipe for Turnabout

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts
^ Curse you! Reminding me how awesome those Ace Attorney games were might just make me dig up my DS!

Anyway, I was replaying Mass Effect 2 when I realized how awesome this quote is:

"Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch." - Jack

It explains about half of my favorite fictional characters ever. Not sure if that means anything about my personality...

foxyeisenhower

foxyeisenhower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 795 posts
  • LocationKONY 2013 STOP SOPA RIP Spider-man too soon
Sam: Random but innocuous comment.
Max: Irreverent reply which hints at mental instability!
Sam: You crack me up, little buddy!

Edited by foxyeisenhower, 12 May 2012 - 10:22 AM.

Spoiler

M15T3RZ3R0

M15T3RZ3R0

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationIDAHO
"Do you believe in ghosts...hahaha, I guess not. That white hand on your shoulder, its not real."

tumblr_mkrvak7Zcv1rwv2mgo1_500.gif

Spoiler

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts
  • LocationMelancholy Hill~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjm5eNlXln4

Steam   Playlist   Tumblr   Watchlist   M.A.List

Spoiler

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest

"Jackpot"

Edited by Gilver, 21 May 2012 - 10:42 AM.

sigpic578_26.gif

HXIII

HXIII

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis
Part of the GTA IV dialogue that cracks me up during the final mission:
Niko: Alright, we follow him back to Pegorino, then we cut his fucking
fingers off.
Jacob: Seen me bredren, seen.
Roman: What type of sick bastards have I gotten into a car with? I'm speeding
into oncoming traffic! I'm being shot at and all I have for company are
two gangsters discussing the finer points of torture. This is great,
just great. How's married life, Roman? It's really relaxing, thanks for
asking.
Jacob: At least ya not dead and ting.
Roman: Not yet.
Niko : You asked to be here, Roman. Now that you are on board, I do not want
these complaints.
Roman: Okay, cousin, okay. I was just saying, be safe is all. Not crushed by
an oncoming truck or something. Dead men can't get revenge.

Roman is hillarious.

Edited by HXIII, 22 May 2012 - 02:31 AM.

"I will say them once we meet again. Until then, I will never give up. Even if everyone says you're dead… even if the spells show you are dead… even if your grave stands before my eyes, I won’t believe it. I’ll wait for you for the rest of my life. But, even that won’t repay the thing that you did to me. I will call you back to life. Even if I’ll be called stupid, I will wait for you. With all my being, I will deny your death."

Louise Francoise De La Valliere to Saito Hiraga 'grave'.
Taken from Volume 8 Light novel translation in BakaTsuki.Thank you for these translation,BakaTsuki Staff!

Armed_Gunman

Armed_Gunman

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationGreece
Very surprised none mentions the legendary Andrew's Ryan death scene from Bioshock.
"A man chooses, a slave obeys"

Really the scene is beyond epic, you don't even need to play the game to realize that.
If you haven't seen it, do it now, you won't regret it.
"What are you going to do, stab me?" - Stab Victim