Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest chapter thread

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Coca

Coca

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
Regis Nex is now my favorite character in the history of ever. Out of all the books I've read, and out of all the movies and shows I've seen, he's the one. Everything about him is so unbelievably refreshing, that it took a while for the magnitude of his awesomeness to fully sink in, but when it did, my entire view of what a protagonist could be completely changed.

I can't stand stories driven by leads who are weak and/or indecisive. Regis Nex is none of that. Never before have I seen a "good guy" who would order that an entire village be massacred, or hack off the arms of a subordinate who questioned said order without a hint of hesitation. He won't put up with any nonsense whatsoever and makes sure that everyone is fully aware of this fact. He's also not one of those people who acts incompetent or jokey most of the time, which I hate almost as much as weak, indecisive characters. With Regis Nex, it's all business, all the time, which again, is very refreshing.

Yet despite being hardhearted, Nex is not a one-dimensional character with no depth at all. The reasons for him being the way he is run very deep and it shows that he is someone who has gone through much conflict. The fact that he is not perfect is what makes him even more perfect.

Also, Nex's Negative Dark Magic is possibly the illest power I've ever seen wielded by a "good guy". This is why I usually root for "the bad guys". They almost always get the coolest weapons and powers. Not this time! I don't think there's anyone in CotA with a cooler power than Nex's. Also, Depore! <3 Best. Sword. Ever.

On the other hand, there's Siana. I HATE Siana. That tramp just ruined Ninurrta's life, and she's sooooo annoying. That bitch should have been impaled by Nex but alas, I can't fault Ninurrta for not wanting to die, but I can fault him for not correcting his mistake and killing that ho immediately on sight (or at least try to). Unfortunately, I sense she is one of those characters who will be around for a while. (NOOOOOO!!)

Razz

Razz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
I will have to agree with you that Nex is an awesome character, and Depore is one the best swords ever. Idk about the Siana part yet, she is somewhat annoying but I'm waiting for some character development.

Also I like to bring up something I noticed. When Just opened the seal, he said that Ninurrta could not do this with his own blood. Maybe when Just licked Ninurrta neck after he cut him he used his blood to open the seal, because then he knew Ninurrta would run away scared to find out what Nex would do to him. Even though the book said Nex has one son, I still think it is Xix, but this just a idea I thought of. Who knows /shrugs. what do you guys think?

Edited by Razz, 12 April 2012 - 05:08 AM.

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts
Ninurrta isn't Nex's biological son, and "Just" is probably some kind of lab experiment, the whole thing surrounding "Just" is still mysterious and confusing. I think for that blood test, he somehow got a hold of Nex's blood. Based on what little we've been shown so far we know that Nex is supposedly has one true son, but the only guy we know who legitimately passed the blood test is Xix, so he's basically the prime suspect for being Nex's true son.

Only question left is who the heck is Xix's mother? The answer that comes to mind is Serin, since we supposedly know she fled to a Night Clan village when she was pregnant, and that Xix himself came from a Night Clan village, and was raised never knowing his true parents. Either its Serin, or Xix's mother was some random mistress that Nex decided to play around with one lonely night....but for now I'm placing bets that it's Serin...

Edited by greensoulreaper, 13 April 2012 - 08:07 AM.

Coca

Coca

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
I like how the truth is not always so clear. It keeps things interesting.
Thus far we have three people who are purportedly the Regis' son, and we are told two things, which we will accept at face value:
1: Only the blood of Nex or that of his kin can unlock the seal.
2: The Regis has only one son.
It does not say that only one of the three can unlock the seal. Just has publicly demonstrated that he can unlock the seal, and Xix has already done so three times prior. The only one left is Ninurrta, and that's where things get interesting. The story has given Ninurrta two opportunities to test his blood, yet on both occasions he refuses to follow through since he is afraid that he might not be Nex's son, and that to me, raises a tiny flag. I get the feeling the story would not keep Ninurrta, and therefore the audience writhing in suspense unless there was something more to it than what a hasty conclusion would have us believe. This is why I believe Ninurrta is the true son of Nex.

Yet, due to unusual circumstances no one is entirely sure of this. Not even Iffrita seems to know for sure if Ninurrta is truly
Nex's son, and is thus afraid of having him tested for the similar reason Ninurrta is afraid of knowing the truth.

Iffrita promised Mikhail that her first child would be his, but I think she only really said this so that he would help her become queen. This is why I think Serin was framed as a traitor by Iffrita, much like how the Demon clan framed Iffrita's mother for treason and killed her. However, given how things might have turned out, Iffrita could be unsure of whether Ninurrta is Nex's son or Mikhail's.

It always struck me as strange how Nex, who seems to not care at all that there are three people who might be his son, seems to genuinely care about Miya, who is so far the only person Nex acknowledges as his child. I think this is because Serin is the only person Nex truly loves and Miya is the only child Nex had with Serin.

Just is obviously not Nex's son and I too think that he stole Ninurrta's blood and used it to unlock the seal. He played on Ninurrta's doubt, knowing that if he went and unlocked the seal first, Ninurrta would be too afraid to attempt it.

This leaves Xix as the nexus of this mystery. I don't think that Xix is Nex's son. But if that's the case, how can he unlock the seal? Well, there is one other person who shares Nex's blood, and that is his brother, Caladbolg. Xix seems to have a connection with the clan of the night. He might have been revived with Caladbolg's blood possibly so that he might be later used to revive Caladbolg, but that plan was supposedly thwarted when Nex massacred Xix's entire village.

It's always likely I might be totally, totally, wrong, like, not even close, but I like to think that things are not as obvious as they first appear.

Razz

Razz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
I like the debate going on here lol. By the way it fun when a story is not obvious because then it makes you think and get hooked to the story :). And I still like the idea about if Ninurrta being Nex's son, I just thought it be a neat concept if that could happen, but after something... I don't think he is.

(Erased dumb predictions lol)

Actually I reread some stuff and facts state Miya is Nex's and Iffrita's daughter. And we know that it probably true that Ninurrta is the son of Mikhail and Iffrita. So all that left is to believe Xix is Nex and Serin's son.

Also to bad in Manga / Manhwa the hair colors...it hard to tell who is actually related to each other sometimes * well basing it on hair color and stuff* , if this was true I be saying Just is Nex's son, but we known from the beginning he is not. That leaves us with Xix and Ninurrta, but Ninurrta has the horn characteristic like Iffrita and he has a similair hair color to her and Mikhail. And idk about Xix, maybe Serin and Nex had a recessive gene for his hair color lol. But now I got a new idea. Okay so we know Just has the ability to change his blood to open a seal, right? Well if he can do it, might it also apply to Xix's Skoll? But nvm, so far I'm rooting for Xix. Plus I wish we can find out what happen between Jae and Serin soon.

Edited by Razz, 15 April 2012 - 12:14 AM.

Coca

Coca

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
Ninurrta is 18:
Spoiler

If Xix is the son of Nex and Serin, it is impossible for him to be the same age or younger than Miya. More likely he is closer to Ninurrta's age.

I want to believe Ninurrta is the true son because I like him more than Xix and infinitely more so than Just. Plus the guy needs a break, being caught between his mother's ambitions and Nex's lack of approval, Ninurrta's quite the tragic figure. Though Iffrita was a victim of tragedy herself. I guess tragedy begets tragedy.
And Serin. Poor, poor Serin. It's a truly vicious cycle, but has all the makings of a truly delicious plot.

Though in the end, I suppose I can never truly escape from the confines that is my own logic.
If I am wrong and Miya is Iffrita's and Nex's daughter, and Xix is Serin's and Nex's son, while Ninurrta is the son of Iffrita and Mikhail, then everything seems to fit together perfectly based on what we currently know, and there won't be any age conflicts.

Xix being Serin and Nex's son makes a lot of sense. Aside from his blood, the most revealing detail was when Nex pierced Xix's heart and Serin seemed to feel great (greater) pain, indicating that there's a connection between Xix and Serin (mother and son):

As for Ninurrta and Miya, here's how I think it happened:
- After the coronation, Nex and Serin got married and lived together for a while.
- Then, one "busy" afternoon, Serin got pregnant. (But no one knows this yet. Well, maybe Serin knows, but she doesn't tell Nex, because you know how women are. They like to spring it on you when you least expect it.)
- As fate would have it, this was right around the time Iffrita launches operation R.E.V.E.N.G.E.
- Serin is now framed as a traitor and has to go into hiding. (Possibly meets up with a fellow necromancer from the Banaan Clan, where Siana comes into the picture.)
- While in hiding, Serin gives birth to a son; Xix.
- Shortly afterwards, Serin is found and imprisoned in the chamber where she now resides.
- Xix is being raised by someone else; He considers Siana his "sister".
- Meanwhile, Iffrita marries Nex and becomes empress.
- Around this time, Iffrita becomes pregnant with Mikhail's son; Ninurrta.
- However, before anyone knows she is pregnant, she has sex with Nex. Thus, when Ninurrta is born, everyone believes he is Nex's son. What happened to Mikhail is unknown.
- About three years after Ninurrta is born, Iffrita has sex with Nex again, and becomes pregnant with his child for realz this time; Miya
- 15 years later, starts the beginning of Cavalier of the Abyss.

Side note: More evidence for Ninurrta being Iffrita and Mikhail's son would be his blonde/light hair color. If classical Mendelian genetics tells us anything, it's that blonde hair is a recessive trait, while dark hair is dominant. Therefore, the child of a blonde and a brunette will always have dark hair, without exception. Only two blondes can have a blonde child.
But Mendelian genetics in my manhwa? Surely not.

Cavalier of the Abyss 3.33: I do (not) believe.

Razz

Razz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
Okay After rereading I found out somethings. Here they are.

- Just is not related anyway to Nex. Just is just a random human who was brought to Chaos, killed, resurrected, and then signed a contract with Ouroboros.
- Facts show that Ninurrta is the son of Mikhail and Iffrita, but who knows this might change. But after rereading I'm now starting to think he might be Nex's son because of Just stealing his blood and saying I got what I came for.
- Xix so far seems to be Serin and Nex's son.
1. He is undead. He could have got this from Nex, Serin, or Skoll
2. Also like coca said, when his heart was ripped out Serin reacted to that.
3.Rin Chae Hwa said Xix has the same eyes as "her". This could only mean Serin, plus they really do look the same, and their green on color pages like Serin's.
4. Since he able to open the seals he has Nex's blood, or this can be the same trick Ouroboros did but I highly doubt.
5. Also Xix had Semek with him. Since on that one page that gave us some information on characters it said Xix gave Oski Semek.
- Miya is the daughter of Nex and Iffrita.

ALSO!!! This is big. Remember when the book sayes Hekalroth said Regis has one son. But remember in the past he said to Jae that things in the future change right? So it might mean he might have one son or he has more, which I would think for now that Xix and Ninurrta are both his sons. But who knows, only person who does now this is the author, and maybe the artist lol.

Other facts could be from Coca post above me.
On my last post of the age and time I totally screwed up so I got rid of it. I might try to make in again.

Edited by Razz, 15 April 2012 - 09:42 AM.

OnlyLove

OnlyLove

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
I just finished reading Immortal Regis+Cavalier of the Abyss again (and again).
And i too have my own theory about the series.
So, ill just explain it...

Ok, so we know Nex has only one son, and i think the fact that Ninurrtas blood opened the seal pretty much proves that Ninurrta is Nexs son.
So, you guys remember that on Immortal Regis, Jae Hyuk had to take Serins blood to become an undead, right? Both of them had the same blood because Serin was the necromancer that turned Jae Hyuk on an undead.
We also know that Serin was pregnant while on the run, and that she was probably hiding somewhere near the place Xix lived or something.

My theory is:
Since Nex has only one SON, Serin probably was preganant of a girl and Ninurrta is his only son. I dont know (and dont care) about what happened to the first son Iffrita had, if she really had a son with his cousin (f****ng b***h) before marrying the Nex, he could be dead by now, or hiding, and the Nex (probably) doesnt even know about it.
Xix is of royal blood, not because he is related to Nex, but because the necromancer that transformed him into an undead was related to Nex (which was probably Serin, because that would explain why she reacted when Nex pulled his heart out. That is not impossible since she was hiding somewhere near Xix town).
The village where Xix was born was destroyed by Nex (was that because they were hiding an member of the clan of the night? i dont remember, correct me if im wrong please) and they probably had a connection with the clan of the night, because Siana is now a member of the Clan of the night, but guess what: shes an undead (and a necromancer too, probably?) and we know Serin specialized on necromancy.
It would not be so strange for Serins daughter to be a necromancer too (and she too could be Xixs necromancer? i dont know), and a member of the Clan of the Night (because i think Serin at some point associated with them, for Nex to hate them so much...).

Im assuming the Necromancer that is Sianas (Sianas body?) master is probably Serins daughter, helping the Clan of the Night because "mommy" is imprisoned by the Nex.

Anyway, im loving the history so far, and it looks like it isnt even half completed (and im glad about that).
I hope you guys post your thoughts... about my thoughts? and please say if theres any flaw on it.

Thanks.

Razz

Razz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
Okay OnlyLove. I will say your theory is really nice, and has facts to prove it.

I'm in somewhat a hurry right now, so I'll tell you somethings I think if flawed in your theory. Just giving a opinion, only people who can say were all wrong is the author or artist lol.

On my previous post after rereading CotA a couple times I notice stuff about Xix I did not catch the first time, well I might of saw it but did not really pay attention . That being 3 and 5 of my reasons why Xix is Nex and Serins son.

3 being when Rin Chae Hwa said Xix has the same eyes as "her". This could only mean Serin, plus they really do look the same, and their green on color pages like Serin's.
So it shows that Xix inherit a trait of Serin, being her eyes. Thus making it more believable that Xix is Serin's son.

Also Xix had Semek on him when he was little. And when he met Oski he gave it to him. I don't know the facts about this but for some pages in the manhwa saying this. How your theory could work with this is if Serin or her daughter gave Xix Semek, after resurrecting him /shrugs.
Also about the clan of the night being in Xix village. He says so himself that it was a lie and they were slaughter for no reason. But in your theory it could probably mean even before the village was attacked Siana was apart of the clan, and she the reason why the village was wiped out, but who knows.

Well that's all I got for now. I hope i was of use, and if I said something wrong or misinterpret what your theory meant, then by all means correct me.

P.S. If any of my writing seems sarcastic or mean, it's just me, i'm not trying to be. :)

OnlyLove

OnlyLove

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
Isnt Serins hair black/purple-ish and Xixs hair gray?
What page does it say that Xix had Semek?
I also remember someone saying something about having the same eyes, but i also cant find the page.
I would love if someone linked the pages here. Sorry but yes, im lazy. :\

Edit:
I think i found the page about the "eyes" that you mentioned.
http://vatoto.com/read/_/40489/cavalier-of-the-abyss_v3_ch18_by_manwhore-scans/2
At the bottom, its not Rin Chae Hwa that is recognizing Xix eyes, but rather Xix thinking thats something wrong with Rin Chae Hwa's eyes.
She says that Xix have an energy that is familiar to her because of his royal blood.

Edited by OnlyLove, 20 April 2012 - 01:56 PM.

Razz

Razz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
http://vatoto.com/read/_/40351/cavalier-of-the-abyss_v7_ch45v2_by_scantily-clad/28 Read the part where it says Semek Estes. Also there other pages that mention it, but this page give somewhat clear info.

Also...about the hair color, even though it different you can probably ignore it since everyone in this manhwa has different hair color, mostly. Like how Ninurrta has light blue hair and his mothers is grey.

Plus yes thats the page I was talking about "eyes". I might have read it wrong or what not, but in my case it seemed like Rin was the one asking it then Xix. But whatever. Hopefully this clears it up for you.

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts

I like how the truth is not always so clear. It keeps things interesting.
Thus far we have three people who are purportedly the Regis' son, and we are told two things, which we will accept at face value:
1: Only the blood of Nex or that of his kin can unlock the seal.
2: The Regis has only one son.
It does not say that only one of the three can unlock the seal. Just has publicly demonstrated that he can unlock the seal, and Xix has already done so three times prior. The only one left is Ninurrta, and that's where things get interesting. The story has given Ninurrta two opportunities to test his blood, yet on both occasions he refuses to follow through since he is afraid that he might not be Nex's son, and that to me, raises a tiny flag. I get the feeling the story would not keep Ninurrta, and therefore the audience writhing in suspense unless there was something more to it than what a hasty conclusion would have us believe. This is why I believe Ninurrta is the true son of Nex.

Yet, due to unusual circumstances no one is entirely sure of this. Not even Iffrita seems to know for sure if Ninurrta is truly
Nex's son, and is thus afraid of having him tested for the similar reason Ninurrta is afraid of knowing the truth.

Iffrita promised Mikhail that her first child would be his, but I think she only really said this so that he would help her become queen. This is why I think Serin was framed as a traitor by Iffrita, much like how the Demon clan framed Iffrita's mother for treason and killed her. However, given how things might have turned out, Iffrita could be unsure of whether Ninurrta is Nex's son or Mikhail's.

It always struck me as strange how Nex, who seems to not care at all that there are three people who might be his son, seems to genuinely care about Miya, who is so far the only person Nex acknowledges as his child. I think this is because Serin is the only person Nex truly loves and Miya is the only child Nex had with Serin.

Just is obviously not Nex's son and I too think that he stole Ninurrta's blood and used it to unlock the seal. He played on Ninurrta's doubt, knowing that if he went and unlocked the seal first, Ninurrta would be too afraid to attempt it.

This leaves Xix as the nexus of this mystery. I don't think that Xix is Nex's son. But if that's the case, how can he unlock the seal? Well, there is one other person who shares Nex's blood, and that is his brother, Caladbolg. Xix seems to have a connection with the clan of the night. He might have been revived with Caladbolg's blood possibly so that he might be later used to revive Caladbolg, but that plan was supposedly thwarted when Nex massacred Xix's entire village.

It's always likely I might be totally, totally, wrong, like, not even close, but I like to think that things are not as obvious as they first appear.

Well wait a minute, Miya is the daughter of Nex & Serin? I thought she was Nex & Iffrita's daughter.

Razz

Razz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
She's the daughter of Nex & Iffrita from what the author is stating right now, and I also leaning towards that as well. However from all the comment on here you can guess it all Fan views and theories. So don't believe everything on here, it just what the fans think, myself included.

Hope that clears things up for you greensoulreaper.

sentry

sentry

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • LocationThe ever distant utopia
What if one of the sons of nex XIX and niurrta was a gal and can transform into a guy(lol), it just that though i like XIX i also want niurrta to be nex son.
Well maybe nex didn't really dislike him after all he still aknowledged niurrta as the crowned prince.

And XIX is certainly serin and nex's son:she reacted when nex pulled out his heart at the beginning and she screamed when nex tried to beheaded him, but still i want to know what happened between nex and serin ?

26.jpg

ZERO PHOENIX

ZERO PHOENIX

Fingerling Potato

• Banned
  • 72 posts
  • LocationO.N.U.P.
1) Niurrta is not Jae Hyuk's kid. The manwha made that rather clear. There isn't even a possibility that he could be Jae Hyuk's son. Niurrta looks exactly like the dude that whore Infurita slept with. I mean 100% right down to their hair. Not only that but all of Niurrta's features are those of the dragon clan. He does not have one feature that would peg him for a half-breed (i.e. the son of a human undead and a member of the demon clan).

2) Miya is the daughter of Jae Hyuk and Infurita, this is true. Proof of this is seen in that she actually has some of Jae Hyuk's features such as his hair for example. She even looks a tad bit like him. And he obviously has an attachment to his daughter as he was tearing some shit up to find her. A father knows his real kids from the baby his broad tries to stick him with. Hence the reason he's so cold to Niurrta and so warm to Miya. He knows that's his little girl. Miya isn't Serin's kid because that wouldn't make any sense. First and foremost Miya isn't an undead. Secondly she has almost zero affinity with magic. Third of all I'm fairly certain that Serin was imprisoned as a traitor for sometime. Kinda hard to have a kid when your mind is in a twisted version of Susano'o. Not only that but it would be chronologically impossible for Miya to be Serin's kid given how young the girl is.

3) XIX is definitely the child of Serin and Jae Hyuk as his age (at least at glance) seems to match up perfectly with Niurrta. Infurita bangs her cousin around the same-time Jae Hyuki consumates his relationship with his true love Serin. Something jumps off and Serin is forced to flee and has the baby before being captured shortly thereafter and imprisoned.

Yawgmoth

Yawgmoth

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 546 posts
@zero
i guess u misunderstand something, ouroboro or however his name is spelled definitly used niurrtas blood to open the seal, that means niurrta is from royal bloodline in other words nex son, but so is xix...
but it was said that nex has only one son so how can there be two guys from royal bloodline?
that made me think that xix maybe is something like a clone, artificially created
or that the statement: "nex has only one son" is meant in another way...that he has only one son with his only love (serin)

Edited by Yawgmoth, 03 October 2012 - 05:13 AM.

“Excellent. I know your heart now. You are mine.”

http://www.phyrexia.com/continuity/Yawgmoth.shtml

league of legend friend referral:
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c0fc60dcbae2

tog on naver in english:

http://m.comic.naver.com/en/list.html?titleId=183559

Wanderer

Wanderer

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
My post refers to ch63:

I can't understand this. What does Jaehoon/Caladborg want? By killing all those guards to get to Nex, he easily alienates Nex. So it seems his intention is to taunt Nex.

But he does tremble when Nex says he cherishes Jaehoon the most. He also does say "What will it take for you to accept me, brother?" when washed up next to Siana.

So, is it possible that he does like his brother a lot, but lacks a conscience partly due to having Cladborg inserted in him? Or we could also conclude that this is Caladborg's way of trying to lower Nex's defences. But if that were to be the case then he wouldn't have tried to kill all those soldiers to get to Nex? Unless again, Caladborg lacks a conscience and his machinations fail bacause of his lack of understanding of Nex's emotions?

I'm not sure at all!

And from the last chapter, I think that Serin was convinced for some reason that Jaehoon was indeed Jaehoon and not being manipulated by Caladborg. Nex thought she had been brainwashed by Caladborg's lies and imprisoned her possibly because of some action she took under that effect. Maybe she was brainwashed, maybe she wasn't. Not sure here either.

Leoh

Leoh

Potato

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUranus
I think it's pretty obvious that Xix and Mayi are Nex true kin, Mayi is his daughter with Iffirita(?) and Xix with Serin, Ninnurta(?) is the son of Iffirita(?) and Michael(?) and Just has the devil Ourobos in in which from what I can tell seems to be that of Knowledge, which can help him figure out how to open the seal. Also, in the coloured pages Xix and Serin have green eyes, which looks like it was passed down genes. If Xix is Nex and Serins son he must be about 17 - 19 as Ninnurta(?) is 18 and Iffirita(?) was impregnated a little before or after Nex and Senrins wedding, as such (normally on honeymoons you would have sex which lead to pregnancy) all evidence leads to Xix. Also, Just just popped out of nowhere by Narvarus request, which was in care of Osoki(?). And, don't forget that Osoki(?) has Semek which was inside of Senrin and he got it from Xix, most likely Semek was passed down to Xix. Again, all evidence pin-points to Xix as being the true son of Nex and Senrin.

(?) - Doubt of whether that's how you spell their names or not.

425q4sD.png

M o r s     R e g i s 

Coca

Coca

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts

So after reading up to chapter 68.5 on another site, a few things have been made transparent.

To start, from Serin's own mouth, Xix is her son:

Spoiler

Also revealed is that Siana is her daughter:
Spoiler

(and it was Siana who revived Xix, and it was Xix who killed Siana)
It's strangely poetic, how one life returns as another one leaves.
Equally poetic, and somewhat ironic, is how Nex's most hated enemy ends up being the one who saves his daughter.

So there you have it. Luke Xix and Leia Siana are fraternal twins. Even Darth Vader Regis Nex couldn't have known that Padme Serin gave birth to two children. Even Xix doesn't know that he is actually related to Siana, but that doesn't really matter seeing as how he always thought of her as a sister anyways. BTW, Siana must have a reeeaaaally good memory.

So we all know what's coming:
Xix: "NEX!! Today I have my vengeance! You murdered my village! You killed my father!!"
Nex: "No. I am your father."
Xix: "That...that's not true! That's impossible!!"
Nex: "Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Xix: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Finally, we see what has become of Nex's brother:
Spoiler

We saw a hint of it before in Nex's flashback arc, but now it has become clear that whenever Caladbolg merges with a host, both the host and Caladbolg are irreparably changed. Caladbolg is influenced by Jae Hoon's memories and feelings for his brother, but Jae Hoon now has Caladbolg's personality and power. Instead of Caladbolg "controlling" his host, both he and the host become a new entity. Jae Hoon's former self ceased to exist the moment Caladbolg took his body. Thus it is true that Nex's brother is dead. Otherwise he wouldn't have killed all those people like it was nothing.

So now Nex is at war with a shell of his brother, defending a kingdom of a world not his own, betrayed by the love of his life, and two of his children are out to get him, without even realizing who their father really is.
Hard to imagine he was once an ordinary boy going to school, scrounging every penny he could to save his only brother.

Spoiler

Edited by Coca, 21 April 2013 - 08:33 PM.

BowlOfNoodles

BowlOfNoodles

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
My take on what has happened so far up to chapter 71 which is translated.
This story is very confusing in my opinion even after the flashback chapters. So far I believe the story just revolves around who are the real kids of Nex instead of the war between Nex and his brother which makings this story so confusing. To me the authors throws some chapter about the war, then quickly goes back the the issue of blood relations. So I'll just split those too up. Also there seems to be too many characters, I don't know if it's a tradition with Korean Manhwa, but it's an element I'm not very too fond of and when they do write sequels the stories are very confusing and it seems like a new story instead of some continuation. The other one I can think of is Sai Takers that seems to have this problem.

In regards to the blood ties. I think there are a few things we already know like how it's said that Nex only has one son.
And it seems to me Xix is the son as Serin has proclaimed that he's her and Xix has opened the royal blood seals.
Siana is Nex's daughter as claimed by Nex's brother himself and had the power of necromancer.
Also it doesn't seem you can be born an undead, you can only be made into it.

As for Ninnurta, it's confusing as the author gives contradicting evidence. First the flashback, it shows that the mom did it with her cousin and seems like he was the result of it seeing as how he has all the features of the cousin and nothing of Nex, but then the author goes and shows us that Just takes his blood and opens the seal with it, but also notes that it looks like Just already knows that Ninnurta is not the true son since he does have a monologue that says something like "you never expected your blood can do this" which to me seems to hint that Just actually modified blood he took and it looks that way when he cut himself as the blood was flowing out. Which leads me to think he is not actually Nex's son and with the queen's behavior it supports that arguement. Also the way Nex treats him, the cold attitude and ignoring him seems to show he knows they are not related.

This is for speculations in the case that they are not twins which I hope would not happen, but just another view on blood ties. If we had the information Siana's and Xix's age, I think it would be easier to determine if Nex is actually Xix's father. If we knew their ages and they are not twins then depending on if Xix is the older sibling or Siana is the older sibling. Another thing to point out is if they are not twins chances are Xix is not the older sibling since Nex would know if they had any children together before having Siana or even Nex's brother would know, but since he doesn't know another reason to put Xix as the younger one. So it seems like Siana would be the older sibling, which makes Xix's father is up for grabs, since it's implied that Serin was captured after passing both the kids along and was on the run, so I doubt she would give birth then run back to Nex, get pregnant again and then run off again. It was said she was pregnant when she betrayed him. Also remember it was Siana that turned Xix into an undead, so her blood is coursing through his veins and he ripped her heart out and put it in himself (which is pretty ironic that he blames Nex for killing her, when he was the one who really killed her. Love to see how his reaction would be if he ever found out), so pretty much Xix doesn't have to be Nex's son.

So for how the story is progressing, I think the author might be going for the Tyrant ending or so I like to call the Lelouch ending. Nex vowed that he would save both Serin and his brother even at the cost of his own life. As to the reason why Serin is not killed, He loves her and actually keeping her there so she stays alive as she is fated to die even though Nex saved her, he just offset her death to a later date.

Another mystery is the reason why his brother requested to have Serin released knowing that he supposely hates her very much as the person who stole his brother away or could be that since she is the mom of Siana he wants them to reunite.

So I think the ending might be like the one that fused(whatever his name is can't remember half the names in this story) with his brother switches to Nex's body and his brother is saved which Nex kills himself changing their destinies and in turn saves Serin's and his brother's fate or something along those lines.

So far, very confused with this story and for me it's really more about finding out who is related to who than the story with between the brothers.

Edited by BowlOfNoodles, 26 February 2013 - 09:12 PM.