Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

need help ... problem with editing a post

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

您享受安静 YESilence

您享受安静 YESilence

Russet Potato

• Saviour Scans
  • 441 posts
  • LocationNear to you is where I´m found~ ... In the beauty of your sound~ ...
I tried to edit a forum post of mine yesterday and all I got was this.

I cant save what I edited and I cant use the full editor either.
Funny thing is: that´s the only post where that happens to me. No matter how often I try. Its still the same.
All my other post are fine. Tried it and I can edit them just fine.

Am I doing something wrong? (wrong setting or something?)
can someone help me please T.T

btw Im using Opera ...

8m6xshwg.png

When the hope of morning starts to fade in me~ ... I don´t dare let the darkness have its way with me~ ...
And the hope of morning makes me worth the fight~ ... I will not be giving in tonight~ ...

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts
  • LocationMelancholy Hill~
It also happened to me as you know Enjoy. I think it is a bug. But i am not sure. It not happens frequently. My only solution pick my words from that letter crowd and retype od copy-paste after clearing other letter mess. But i think this will be solved after IP board 3.3 be installed

Steam   Playlist   Tumblr   Watchlist   M.A.List

Spoiler

您享受安静 YESilence

您享受安静 YESilence

Russet Potato

• Saviour Scans
  • 441 posts

It also happened to me as you know Enjoy. I think it is a bug. But i am not sure. It not happens frequently. My only solution pick my words from that letter crowd and retype od copy-paste after clearing other letter mess. But i think this will be solved after IP board 3.3 be installed

Im not sure if I understood u right ... u mean I should copy the post and save it on my pc, then clear the post, save it and paste it again afterwards? but I cant save the edit anyway ... *confused*
or do u mean I should just save my post and wait till IP board 3.3 is installed?

Edited by YouEnjoySilence, 04 April 2012 - 03:28 PM.

8m6xshwg.png

When the hope of morning starts to fade in me~ ... I don´t dare let the darkness have its way with me~ ...
And the hope of morning makes me worth the fight~ ... I will not be giving in tonight~ ...

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts

Im not sure if I understood u right ... u mean I should copy the post and save it on my pc, then clear the post, save it and paste it again afterwards? but I cant save the edit anyway ... *confused*
or do u mean I should just save my post and wait till IP board 3.3 is installed?

No no no no. Edit your post and retype it. Best solution i know. Look carefully in that letter crowd your sentences in there. Also the links you shared. Just take them and rewrite your post with them. This is how i deal with that situation.

Spoiler

您享受安静 YESilence

您享受安静 YESilence

Russet Potato

• Saviour Scans
  • 441 posts

No no no no. Edit your post and retype it. Best solution i know. Look carefully in that letter crowd your sentences in there. Also the links you shared. Just take them and rewrite your post with them. This is how i deal with that situation.

hmmm ... I see ... thank u but I dont think that will be possible. have u seen that post? o.o large is an understatement for that ... so retyping it is a bit ... well ... T.T

and even if I rewrite it, I still cant save it. so what for am I retyping it? (the thing is, I need to edit it, I cant just rewrite it and post it again)

Edited by YouEnjoySilence, 04 April 2012 - 03:46 PM.

8m6xshwg.png

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts
Well if it is this post >> http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/5080-tog-role-play-backstage/page__view__findpost__p__122747

i don't see any problem with it. But if you are trying to edit it and i doesn't work it may be a bug that block you. I have nothing to do that and i don't think mods or admins can solve if that is the reason.

Try to restart your pc, then clean your internet cache, it may help. Then copy all your message in to notepad or something you like and try to save it only with a word like "edited" etc. if it saves it means it is solved. Type w/e you want and save.

I didn't have a problem like this before. Maybe once but if i remember correctly it was automatically fixed .

For further problems you'll need help of Admins or Mods. I hope i could help.

Spoiler

您享受安静 YESilence

您享受安静 YESilence

Russet Potato

• Saviour Scans
  • 441 posts
hmmm ... I already restarted my computer (as I stated the problem occured yesterday for the first time) and I cleaned my cache. it didnt help. I still get what u see in that pic.
there is no save button, no full editor button, no cancel button ... I can edit it (even though its a pain like this) but I cant save it afterwards. so theres no point.
and I cant post it as a new post coz its important that it is the first post.

will it really fix itself magically?

Anyways thx for trying to help^^ I appreciate it.

8m6xshwg.png

Yuuei

Yuuei

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 94 posts
Try a different browser?

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
Just try to clear browser cache and try again or use a different browser.

您享受安静 YESilence

您享受安静 YESilence

Russet Potato

• Saviour Scans
  • 441 posts

Try a different browser?

Just try to clear browser cache and try again or use a different browser.

yeah, thank u, another browser worked^^ but isnt there something I could do to make it work in opera? coz that still happens and clearing the cache didnt help at all ...
ah well, its probably just nagging from when it works with Internet explorer ... but i just dont like the explorer ... sry, im really nagging here now ... gonna live with it somehow now.

and thank u for your help^^

Edited by YouEnjoySilence, 05 April 2012 - 09:18 AM.

8m6xshwg.png

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
I actually use opera too...

The problem happened to me a few times before. But just exiting browser and restarting always fixed it.

您享受安静 YESilence

您享受安静 YESilence

Russet Potato

• Saviour Scans
  • 441 posts

I actually use opera too...

The problem happened to me a few times before. But just exiting browser and restarting always fixed it.

nvm ... I tried it today and suddenly it worked again lol ...
Leo, u were right ... it magically fixed itself xD ...

anyways, thank you~<3 everyone~ for your kind help^^

8m6xshwg.png