Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Poll] What should I do with this...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: What to do... (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Mr. Anon wants to clean/ts himself using our scripts if we watermark. Should we...

1. Make troll releases and leave them up for 48 hours before releasing the real version? (17 votes [60.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.71%

2. Release only after the next chapter is out? (14 when 15 raw is out, 15 with 16 raw...) (5 votes [17.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

3. Other... (specify with a reply) (3 votes [10.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

4. Don't care, just give me my free manga!!11!!!one! (3 votes [10.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

5. Just drop the project. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Souldrake

Souldrake

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 275 posts
The chapter is finished and, quite frankly, before I release it I am curious to the answers this poll question might get.

Edit (again...lol) Sorry, I lied. It isn't quite ready on my end yet. I don't have my TL notes page with me and will need to redo and probably make it a little more specific in spots, unfortunately, I have a few things to do tonight and I am not at home so I can't do it until I get there later tonight.

Keep a few things in mind:
1) We are trolling manga-fox because they don't respect scanlator delay policies in favor of increasing their own profit margins.

2) Manga-Heaven has not and will not ever participate in any ad sense, donation drives, or anything that involves receiving money for our releases. We feel that is wrong. However, sites like Manga-Fox and Batoto do need funds to stay afloat. Because they respect our wishes, we respect their need to. You can visit our website: http://manga-heaven.weebly.com and see for yourself that there is no ad sense, no donation button or anything. You can confirm with any of the Batoto staff that we have not nor are currently actively participating in an ad sense program here on Batoto as well.

3) I, personally, would actually like to try to institute methods of giving incentives for people to actually PURCHASE the manga or at least visit the official sites to give the author and publisher some traffic and perhaps increase their revenue. People like the anonymous manga-fox supporter would really hamper those efforts if we, say, offered early non-watermarked versions for those who could offer some evidence that they purchased a volume in the series in question. One thing I would like to do if we could find someone skilled enough in Flash or other web software programming is to create a plugin much like the OddSquad's naver plugin which could put English translations over the Seishun Forget! raws on the official website http://comichigh.jp/webcomic.html (the comichigh reader is scripted in Flash, click on a chapter to see what it looks like)

If you can offer any assistance or other ideas in regards to number 3, e-mail or PM me with them. I would be glad to consider them.
This poll will go until 100 people vote, or 4/10/2012 (Tues) when Chapter 15 is released in raw form.

Edited by Souldrake, 03 April 2012 - 10:34 AM.

Souldrake
Manga-Heaven Co-Founder and Translator [Retired]

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
I'd say you should just upload it as 14a or something(along with the actual release) if you made more, otherwise just leave it as that I guess.

edit: I voted for 'other', an idea we discussed before on irc. I'll delete my vote if you prefer not to have mine, since I ain't really affected by this.

Edited by soranokira, 03 April 2012 - 12:06 PM.

Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

krytyk

krytyk

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationPoland
Even if he tsed with our tls, he would never come close to quality of my typesets ^_^.

Retired Manga Cleaner/Redrawer @Manga-Heaven, @kono-basho, @wangan-scans, anonymous and more.
Illustration editor

Light Novel translator

JoveusMolai

JoveusMolai

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
I voted "other" to note my support for doing what Oddsquad is doing; writing a bit of javascript or a web browser app that allows non-Japanese speakers to read Seishun on the author's/publisher's own website. Given the economic implications of scanlations, it would be ideal if scanlating supported manga authors as much as possible.

However, I can't say that I'd be able to help with such an endeavor if that's what you guys end up going with. So if another option must be taken, I suppose the troll upload option wouldn't be too bad.

(I'm a little confused about the poll's headline, however; is some mangafox anon shooping out the watermarks or something, making that option no longer viable?)

KilluaX90

KilluaX90

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
I voted "other" for doing what Oddsquad is doing, the quality WILL drop, but at least you will have a good reason to drop this project if someone UL it to MF. But really, can't believe there is such an a**hole, even if it's MF forum.

Souldrake

Souldrake

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 275 posts
The Odd Squad has it easier with Naver since they only need to worry about one static image. The Futabasha site is a flash scripted webreader which won't make it very easy to put something over-- it has click scrolling and zoom in features for one, a lock feature too which will keep your zoom setting for every page.

Souldrake
Manga-Heaven Co-Founder and Translator [Retired]