Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

How can the MC be so dumb?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

kirbyeggs

kirbyeggs

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 6 posts
Alright, I do like the manga and the general premise is great. But in the latest chapter, the MC refuses to stand up for his friend (might not be a lover, but friend nevertheless) who is being bullied, and instead hopes the "game" will do it for him. Not doing anything is just as bad as being involved in it in the first place. At least the MC from TWGOK has some balls to help his friends. Is he that detached from his old reality that he doesn;t understand that he has to do something? I hope he grows some balls and realizes that even if a galge did come into his world, reality is different. /end rant

But seriously "I can't do anything" what is with that! the bully is just another girl! Hell even in UxU the MC bitchslapped some girls when they were bullying his friend.

Oblivion0117

Oblivion0117

Potato

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationUSA - East Coast
Agreed. It's MCs' like this that really push the wrong buttons for me.

Tekozuru Jurei

Tekozuru Jurei

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
First whats UxU?

Personally i like the idea behind this. I haven't played many galge's but sometimes you have to let a situation play out. Though i agree it kind of sucks to watch him just ignore it, at least in this i can half understand his reason. Plenty of other series where similar happens just because he doesn't want to or can't be bothered, or just doesn't have the guts so things escalate. Also saying it's just a girl doing it doesn't change anything. I have a younger sister and how evil they can be with each other even if they were friends is actually kind of scary. He is supposed to be just an average guy, he ain't super popular and/or so handsome that girls fear making him hate them, well maybe other than the galge characters.

Remember in reality it isn't easy to stop someone being bullied, you can easily make it worse for them, or become a victim yourself and in a galge situation where you believe you know how things play out, any wrong action can lead to a "bad" end. He already said the galge was a bit of a tragedy. After realising all routes are taking place at once, and knowing how bad things can go, his options are limited.

Well i just look forward to more, can he save them all and win their hearts avoiding tragedy

AnonQ

AnonQ

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
I think, you should also keep in mind that the bullying does not happen in the original game as the classmate doing it doesn't exist in that game but is an original classmate of Takenori's who's already been there before he brought the game into his life.

abp10

abp10

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
I dunno, I wouldn't do much better if I were in that situation. The point of this manga is that you can't use game logic in the real world, in that respect it's almost the opposite to TWGOK.

VanderDeckenIX

VanderDeckenIX

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
Have you ever played a dating sim. Heck, have ever played any RPG?
You know that in those games, the main character's movements are limited, so your knowledge of the game is limited to what the character can do. Anything beyond that and it would make sense that he'll be clueless.
Don't compare him with Keima. Keima had played a lot of games so his knowledge of the whole genre is unlimited. If 'Game A' wont let you do this, 'Game B' would, and since Keima knows all about this, he'll simply do what the MC of 'Game B' did.

imercenary

imercenary

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 52 posts

Is he that detached from his old reality that he doesn;t understand that he has to do something?

Yes and thats the whole problem with the story in general. Even though the whole story is supposed to take place in "reality", he acts like hes in a (high school) galge.

Now look at it this way, how does the main character act in a (high school) galge? He doesn't interact with anyone other than the main cast. All his time spent studying, doing homework, talking with teachers is a few seconds of black screen. He has little/no hobbies outside of the ones needed to flag a girl. Well gee, that sounds like an anti-social, disinterested in school and unresponsive/stalkerish kid. Detached from reality much?

Q-kun

Q-kun

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
You just got too used to Keima. He's just too awesome most harem protagonist fail to compare.

Leoh

Leoh

Potato

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUranus
I would of kicked the girls honestly, to the face.
If there is any girl I'm interested in and or like, there is no way I am going to stand for the bullying against her, especially if some dares hurt her beautiful face or hair.

425q4sD.png

M o r s     R e g i s