Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What I am reading, What I plan to read ?

recommendation

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
There is a similar topic in another forum and I find it is a good idea to help members find new titles instead of having hundreds of 'recommend me a new manga' threads

So as the title said, what are the last titles that you read and what are the ones you are planning to read next ?

PS : please don't put all your reading list here, just the ones that you discovered or were important to you recently.
PPS : try to argument a minimum what you like (or dislike) in them, just the title won't help the other understand your choices.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Currently reading Kyou Kara Ore Wa.... it's old fashioned but it's pretty good with what I read so far.

List to read next:

REAL, Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, ARIA, Zetman, Vinland Saga, Shin Angyo Onshi, Hoshi no Samidare, Akira, Fist of the North Star, Tegami Bachi, Blood Lad, Sugar Dark, Deadman Wonderland

What I'm planning to read after that....

Kuroshitsuji, Hajime no Ippo, Maison Ikkoku, Nurarihyon no Mago, Mirai Nikki, Higurashi Series, Full Metal Panic Series, Bamboo Blade, Bamboo Blade B, Nononono, Arakawa under the Bridge, Transfer Student Storm Bringer, Level E, 20th Century Boys, World Embryo, Dance in the Vampire Bund, Zippy Ziggy, Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minor, Monster, Psyren

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Kalladin

Kalladin

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 293 posts
Just read:
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=6899
A light novel about kids and their pranks on people mainly the policeman.

Planning to read:
Please advise me :D Give me the best of the best, and not too many please.

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts
Currently reading King of Hell and after that I'll read Magico, ( http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/magico-r197 ) because the art seems good and I like the synopsis.

Edited by Synner, 19 March 2012 - 10:44 PM.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
Thanks Saphsin for answering so rapidly but please avoid big list of titles, restrict to the ones that you are really reading next. I'm curious to know how you will prioritize though among this huge number of titles.

As for me, lately I was reading The voice of Chinatsu that was really a great great read until I saw that the end was expecting a sequel which will probably never exist. Still it is a really touching story
The serie that pleased me the most recently was Can't See Can't Hear But Love. We have a superb web comic here (by the author of trace), a slice of life story between a blind man and a deaf woman. There are only 14 chapters translated so far but don't hesitate.

As for next someone recommend me 7-nin no Shakespeare. It's a new serie but I will give it a try.

Edited by kdom, 19 March 2012 - 11:04 PM.

Arman

Arman

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMoscow/Los-Angeles

Currently reading Kyou Kara Ore Wa.... it's old fashioned but it's pretty good with what I read so far.

Ocha Nigosu, Doushirou de Gozaru, and Bad Company.

I just saw Kyou Kara Ore Wa and wanted to share these with you.

I'm eagerly waiting for the next release of Shingeki no Kyojin.

Edited by Arman, 19 March 2012 - 11:04 PM.

Kalladin

Kalladin

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 293 posts
kdom, I really think that's saphsin's read list. Check her profile.

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
Yes and I explicitly asked to not make title lists. It is not the intention I had in mind when I started the thread.
This is a thread to discuss about our last impression on our reading, our last like our disappointments our expectation... So please try to be cooperative in making this thread interesting and useful.

Kalladin

Kalladin

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 293 posts
Just read http://vatoto.com/comic/_/haruka-na-machi-e-r4051

Pretty good.

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
Indeed, that was one of my first manga and it is still one of my favorite so far. I will upload the second volume as soon as possible

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~

just read http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/hikoukigumo-r2447

i would put in my yaoi ones, but then I'd get yelled at ._.

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away
do put in yaoi, please

the last thing i read would be... welcome to the convenience store

and right now i'm not reading anything, for a change. time to write instead of just reading
あっ ちょっと死んじまった

p3pe

p3pe

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 389 posts
  • LocationChurabhaya
Just finished Another. Really good read, it makes eagerly wait for its next chapter. And the art is stunning too.

Plan to read: Team Medical Dragon, Genji Monogatari, and Kodomo no Jikan. For Team Medical Dragon and Genji Monogatari, I'm planning to buy them, as they are published in my country. And Kodomo no Jikan, many people said it's loli, but others said it also has some depth. Well, I can't really judge it if I don't read it, so once I get all the available chapters, I'll start reading it.

My avatar is taken from this pixiv user: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=35996065 ♥

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
Mmm since this is dead... just read Nowhere Boy and Orange Marmalade

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
I just finished reading H2 and Touch from Adachi Mitsuru. I didn't now him yet but I fell in love with this mangaka humor and storytelling. I wonder if I will start Cross Game, 3 baseball manga in a row may be not a great idea but I'm weak.

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
Indeed Cross Game was one to much and probably the weakest of the 3
I have read the few chapter of Again!! and it has a nice premise. If some people are looking for recent series, don't hesitate to give it a try

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
Boku no Ano Ko and reread Acid Town

Both BL

DoomJackal

DoomJackal

Potato

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Locationdragon realm
just read "land of lions" and about to read "High-School DxD"

Edited by DoomJackal, 11 April 2012 - 04:35 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away
reading bad police and akumetsu
あっ ちょっと死んじまった

TheCreepin32

TheCreepin32

Potato

• Members
  • 124 posts
Just finished boku to issho. Reading bowling king. Both are very funny.