Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera Complaints/Opinions Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Sensei~

Sensei~

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 457 posts

Voice your complaints and opinions in this section. But do keep it mature and thoughtful.

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts
  • LocationMiddle of The Country
I think you're silly for opening yourself up to criticism and attack ^_^.
Posted Image
Proud Ubuntu user since May 2010.

Sensei~

Sensei~

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 457 posts
shush... stay out of my section > = [] ... it's all part of my plan. ^_~

Kestrel

Kestrel

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
I'm gonna say one more time that i don't agree with what you are doing, but I'll stop at that because i don't want you to stop (read: throw a hissy fit  :P) doing ( what's your purpose anyway? ^.-  Hah, i can't find the credit page where it says that stuff) what you do. In the end it's more important for me to read the comic, in whatever form it is. :P

Also, politicians are asses

P.s: I should mention i like to poke people and make light(really questionable adjective, in hindsight) fun of them, both irl and on the net, so try to take it in stride. Also politicians are asses. That needs to be said twice

Sensei~

Sensei~

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 457 posts

I'm gonna say one more time that i don't agree with what you are doing, but I'll stop at that because i don't want you to stop (read: throw a hissy fit  :P) doing ( what's your purpose anyway? ^.-  Hah, i can't find the credit page where it says that stuff) what you do. In the end it's more important for me to read the comic, in whatever form it is. :P

Also, politicians are asses

P.s: I should mention i like to poke people and make light(really questionable adjective, in hindsight) fun of them, both irl and on the net, so try to take it in stride. Also politicians are asses. That needs to be said twice

lol no hard feelings... and thank you for registering with us. now i can see you truly care about kubera and i shall stop my ridiculous custimization of kubera. <3

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts
Lol, I thought most of them were funny. Though some of the credits pages may have been a little too interlaced with the comic. Maybe consider copying out a segment of the chapter and placing it at the top for the credits, like we've done in the past.
Posted Image

Puer_Ursus_Juvenis

Puer_Ursus_Juvenis

Potato

• The Company
  • 137 posts
  • LocationIn the closet
;D :D  :)  ;)  :P  :-*
Posted Image

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
Good so far, except, what is with the lame advertisement built into the comic strip(or what ever its termed)? Is that in the original then too? I understand wanting to have some advertisement  to boost income on what is otherwise a free service, but that is really bad product placement or what ever you would call it, pretty distracting when reading, and drinking cola in a medieval setting, *ugh*

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts
Talk to Sensei about it lol. Better yet, I'll tell him to respond to this when he gets on.
Posted Image

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
This is translated from something else? Or do I have it wrong? This web comic is original to this site?

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts
It is translated from a Korean website. We only do translations. However, some of us are not purists like you. Also, the coke thing was a joke, of course they don't have it in their world :P.
Posted Image

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
So was the coke and the changing advertising on the robe over the heart on the original raw?

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts
No, of course not, I thought I made that clear. That was Oculus' joke. Like I said, some of us are not purists like you, If you don't understand the process of scanlating then of course you'd be upset. Many of the sound effects are removed and replaced, or left in and text added. A lot of redrawing occurs as text bubbles are modified. Somewhere in this process Oculus decided to add these small things in just for amusement. If that bothers you then scanlate it yourself, lol. It's no easy task and we blow off some steam by doing small things like this every now and then.
Posted Image

Sensei~

Sensei~

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 457 posts
i can address any issues or concerns you have, now.... aww, was i too late to the party? dammit... guess i can thank my secretary mfk for answering all the questions.

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts
Gee Oculus, how about you pull the knife out of my back so you can put it back in again.
Posted Image

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
Sensei is Oculus? Which are also part of the team that made kubera?

Sensei~

Sensei~

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 457 posts

Gee Oculus, how about you pull the knife out of my back so you can put it back in again.

it's a love dagger, you'll get use to it. ^^

Sensei~

Sensei~

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 457 posts

Sensei is Oculus? Which are also part of the team that made kubera?

Indeed i am, while pedo is the heart and mfk is the soul of kubera... i guess i am kubera's balls. i'll address any concerns you have... but you should head onto the blog because chap 10 of kub has just been released.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
Just to make sure, by "make" you are part of the team that produces the raws, right? Blog link?

If you help make it, why have a translation team at all? Clearly your and MFK's english is fine, so just produce two copies of it for the two different languages?

Sensei~

Sensei~

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 457 posts
by "make" as in, i am part of the team that brings the raw (korean version) to what you are reading now (english version).

translator = pedo_bear_jr
cleaning/ts= myself
QC=mfkevinking

are we clear on this?