Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Is it right to have relation with your Sensei?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts
  • LocationMelancholy Hill~
I am still doubt with that! Is it right to have a relation with your sensei?

Steam   Playlist   Tumblr   Watchlist   M.A.List

Spoiler

Carolazzz

Carolazzz

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 12 posts
It seems not. For some cultures, japanese included, its wrong to get involved with someone you should guide and protect, your student. Its like you would be taking advantage of the "younger" person.
For me is comparable to psychologist and patient realationship.
Now, there are always exceptions. And love doesnt follow the limits that moral settles.

Icee

Icee

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 666 posts

It seems not. For some cultures, japanese included, its wrong to get involved with someone you should guide and protect, your student. Its like you would be taking advantage of the "younger" person.
For me is comparable to psychologist and patient realationship.
Now, there are always exceptions. And love doesnt follow the limits that moral settles.

Well, I'd say most people would regard it as being wrong... But yeah, who are we to judge love? xD haha...
But to be honest, I'm not too sure. I mean, the difference in age isn't really the problem here... It's truly the fact that he's your elder, the one who your under tutelage of...

I'd say that as long as it is certain, that it is mutual, it's fine... Though it would probs be best to maybe wait until he is no longer your sensei, as it was mentioned in the story... I mean, then the protection part will sort of be void and others will not regard it as weirdly... (though we all stop caring what others say at one point... but anyways.. yeah... hope this ^^ is all understandable...

IM or it's for naught

Anju

Anju

Potato

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNot In Canada
no.
I think if that happen here, the person would get arrested for child abuse (even in hightschool)
they would lose there teaching license..
I never heard of it happening in r/l before. All the teachers that are good looking are married.
*sigh*

Posted Image

Muni

Muni

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationExactly where you don't need me to be at the present moment.
It depends on the situation :3. "Sensei" is a really broad term. If you're talking about school, then it is against the law in almost every country you can possibly name, and quite a few you can't. If it's about someone sufficiently older than you that acts as a role model to you, then it's really just the choice between the two people, though there may be some moral factors involved. If by sensei you mean your doctor or other related...I don't really know many relationships like that, but it sounds perfectly normal :3. If you're talking about sensei as in a writer or mangaka...same as previous statement.

Finally if you're referring to someone who teaches martial arts, I can say this from direct experience. I am an instructor in several arts. I am also a sufficiently young instructor, though not inexperienced per se, as I've been learning how to teach as assistant instructor to MY sensei for multiple years now. As a college student who also happens to have already attained the rank of "master" in several martial arts, I have many students that are older than me, and I don't see any taboo at all in a romantic relationship. That said, I would not advise it. A romantic relationship will inevitably end in marriage or break up, and either one disrupts the teaching relationship already present.

In conclusion, my general answer would be: No, with some exceptions.

I'd like to think of myself as the least impressive kind of god. Not omnipotent, omnipresent, or omniscient. Arrogant (as people with god complexes generally tend towards), self-serving (as many gods can be), and flawed (as people inherently are). If you follow me, expect magic tricks, not miracles. But hey, I don't ask for much. Put your faith in me, and I'll put my faith in you, Talk to me (and I've heard more important gods are much pickier about doing this) and I'll talk right back to you. So what do you say? Wanna be a prophet?

Spoiler

Akuma Sweet

Akuma Sweet

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 52 posts
  • LocationInferno
I think it is okay only if the student is in high school or college anything below that seems a little wrong. As well as if the feelings are real and if theres no secret agenda.

Here_And_Now

Here_And_Now

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWhat!?! You don't know either???
In real life, heck no. In manga land, heck yes.

Vueiy

Vueiy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts
Depends on what's going on. If you meant "relationship" instead of "relation," and and all you're doing is what they've been doing (which is basically nothing, physically speaking), then I'd say no. If you meant "relations" (as in sex), then, yeah, unless you're legally married. I mean, first off, in some countries, an adult having relations w/ a minor is illegal (age restrictions vary depending on country/state/area). But as for simply dating a teacher while having a physically pure relationship, I'd say it's fine...although since most would look down on it, if it were me, I'd keep it a secret, to make life easier on both of us.