Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Browser can't load pictures

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Weikang

Weikang

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
When i try to read something, the browser is constantly "looking for the host img.batoto.net" and "trying to connect to img.batoto.net. (using Firefox 10.0.2 and Window 7)
It result that i have the batoto page open but without the picture.

Problem started 2-3 days ago, any idea ?

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
Batoto just changed servers. The problem might be related to that.

Have you tried to clear cache/cookies etc? (Or used a different browser?)

Weikang

Weikang

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
Tryed cleaning the cache and the cookies.
Tryed IE, still nothing.

It looks like it a problem from my computer, my brother (who never used batoto till today) can read a page without problem.

But i really don't know what may be the cause of my problem.

Will try again with google chrome.

Edit: Google Chrome isn't working either, now that weird, it looks like i'm the only one in the house having the problem.
Tryed to flush the dns, cleared the cache/cookies and the temp files, still nothing.

Edit2: Problem solved, it was MalewareByte.
The security module see img.batoto.net as a threat, i don't know why since it was still working till 2-3 days ago.

Edited by Weikang, 01 March 2012 - 01:47 PM.

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...
http://www.batoto.ne...a-pretty-anon/2

this one's either half loading or giving me a 404. Tried it on IE, Opera and Chrome. Maybe it's related to the problem weikang has?

maybe not... reposting in QA, sorry bout that..

Edited by seyrine, 01 March 2012 - 03:24 PM.

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
There had been problems with MalewareByte before, might be back because of the new IP.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
No clue why it doesn't like it... Anyway, I submitted the report to IPB.

AshokaTheGreat

AshokaTheGreat

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • LocationThe internet. Actually, no, I'm a bunch of letters on your screen that may or may not originate from a person who acts a little different when talking to you face to face. Can be found at the D2 Brigade, MAL, on twitter and on tvTropes (mainly the ToG page).
Hello, I have a very similar problem, but in my case it is only FireFox that isn't working.
I happened yesterday or the day before and I remember some weird bar flashing up for a second (which I instantly clicked away, I think).

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

Hello, I have a very similar problem, but in my case it is only FireFox that isn't working.
I happened yesterday or the day before and I remember some weird bar flashing up for a second (which I instantly clicked away, I think).

That's very vague, can you give us more details?
You have tried different browsers and they worked?

Nanyang

Nanyang

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
i have the same problem. it got do something with chrome and firefox.

tried reading with ie able to work( reading the same manga that had the same problem once)

getting worse since i last posted a thread about it.......

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

i have the same problem. it got do something with chrome and firefox.

tried reading with ie able to work( reading the same manga that had the same problem once)

getting worse since i last posted a thread about it.......

Well, you might love the new mini update that just happened then. :D
You can select which server to download images from. It seems what ever you are currently connecting to has problems for you. You can now pick and choose. ^^
Just go to any page and click the little cog beside page selection. Rest should be pretty obvious.

AshokaTheGreat

AshokaTheGreat

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • LocationThe internet. Actually, no, I'm a bunch of letters on your screen that may or may not originate from a person who acts a little different when talking to you face to face. Can be found at the D2 Brigade, MAL, on twitter and on tvTropes (mainly the ToG page).

That's very vague, can you give us more details?
You have tried different browsers and they worked?

It is very vague because I don't recall much, the bar was only there for a split second.
I do remember, however, that it all happened after I double-clicked.
That's all I can tell you.
I tried other browsers, no complaints there.

AshokaTheGreat

AshokaTheGreat

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 940 posts
I discovered the tools to tweak the reader a bit. problem solved. thanks for your concern^^

asdfg

asdfg

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
I have the same problem. I'm from germany and can't use the Europe setting, however both US Settings work fine. What's the trick behind this problem?

Kami

Kami

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationGermany
I can only use the US east setting. (I'm from Germany too.)

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
@newer posts.
addressed here:
http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/5613-europe-node-down/
and duplicate of
http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/5608-picture-wont-load-when-download-settings-is-europe/