Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

This manhwa deserves more attention

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Tsunami

Tsunami

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
A GREAT Manhwa, it progresses slowly and releases are far between, but I highly recommend it it's one of my favorites!

Jacob Phillips

Jacob Phillips

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
So are there people who don't use charyeok? In Ch. 58 they were talking about strength vs special users. I'm going to be really disappointed if Jin doesn't get to manifest some epic monster, although beating the dragon-I just mean in looking cool, not in a fight- is going to be hard.

SineNomine

SineNomine

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

hmm it's a good read but my problem is that before it was enjoyable as a super-powered martial arts series (like Kenichi), but now it's becoming this Dragonball kind of series with kicks that can blow up mountains and spells flying over the place. =.= I hope this comic isn't going to go into the wrong direction.

The begging starts off with that one guy using his magic powers to wipe out an island, so I don't know what you could've possibly expected.

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

So are there people who don't use charyeok? In Ch. 58 they were talking about strength vs special users. I'm going to be really disappointed if Jin doesn't get to manifest some epic monster, although beating the dragon-I just mean in looking cool, not in a fight- is going to be hard.

Seems like everyone used God Points to make themselves stronger, but some of them use it for Special Abilities and some use it for "Strength", which judging by what we've seen of Jin-Tae-Jin is probably exactly what it sounds like.

But Jin-Mo-Ri might just end up being a special case, because while he was raised by a Strength user he has also been taken as an apprentice by a Special Ability user (even if he hasn't actually agreed yet) and he ate that Sage's Pill, the effects of which haven't been revealed yet. So I think we're going to see him eventually using both Strength and a Special Ability.

Daru

Daru

Potato

• Members
  • 145 posts
In fact it had been mentioned that the pill simply had no effect on a body full of unused potential like Jin Mo-Ris. Just like pouring a litre of water (=pill) in a tank (=Mo-Ris body) that is capable of 1.000.000 litres and is already filled with 100 (numbers and their proportions may be a bit exaggerated xD). Okay... it was a guess by this acupuncture-gramps but seeing what position he holds and that the pill originally was in his possession (or so?), I guess that his assessment is a highly probable one.

Edited by Daru, 30 July 2012 - 08:34 PM.

clamzoopa

clamzoopa

Potato

• Members
  • 164 posts
I'm confused by the disliking of supernatural elements. Of course, to each their own, but If they didn't have the supernatural elements, there would be no antagonists. So much of the story is based on 'God' and people borrowing his powers. The only thing I don't like about it is everyone in the GoH universe seems to have a cold.

furerkip

furerkip

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
Just wanted to say thanks for the people scanning this manga, MP translations are impossible to understand...

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • LocationThe States, Colorado
Its very popular but not well liked. Dose it deserve more attention? NO!

This webtoon is almost as popular as TOG in Korea but readers don't score it high. I'd much rather read Transfer Student Stormbringer.

Popular doesn't necessarily mean its good in my opinion most top 100 lists only have a handful of greats and the best of them are often below the top 50 in the list.

You must die, I alone am best!

Posted Image

Signature: a swordsman in ‘Magician’

Spoiler

Cacuu

Cacuu

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
the biggest problem I faced on this manhwa was the... title... it's kind of misleading.
I mean, I thought about a manhwa on the style of beelzebub, with the MC being the ultimate badass or something like that.
this manhwa doesn't really have much to do with highschool.
it could be more popular if it had a more suitable title, imo.
but that might be just me.

flowsthead

flowsthead

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Its very popular but not well liked. Dose it deserve more attention? NO! This webtoon is almost as popular as TOG in Korea but readers don't score it high. I'd much rather read Transfer Student Stormbringer. Popular doesn't necessarily mean its good in my opinion most top 100 lists only have a handful of greats and the best of them are often below the top 50 in the list.

I just read Transfer Student Storm Bringer because of this comment and I cannot see why you would prefer to read it over God of High School. I guess it's not my type of humor, but I didn't find it funny at all. It's a good thing it was so short, otherwise I may have just dropped it, but I read the whole thing hoping it would turn into something much cooler. Instead, the main character just lucks himself into random wins. I found it pretty boring.

God of High School is nothing innovative. It's a shounen type, but I like the characters, and Jin Mo-Ri is pretty fun. It's just something fun to read. It doesn't pretend to be about anything serious, or at least I never take it that seriously.
The face of the angel of history is turned toward the past. Where we perceived a chain of events, he sees a single catastrophe which keeps piling wreckage and hurls it in front of his feet. The angel would like to stay, awaken the dead, and make whole what has been smashed. But a storm is blowing from Paradise; it has got caught in his wings with such violence that the angel can no longer close them. This storm irresistably propels him into the future to which his back is turned, while the pile of debris before him grows skyward. The storm is what we call progress.
~Walter Benjamin