Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Current Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
I guess that'd bring up the question of why the snark killed all of the rest of the people too? Of course the story is still being told, so who knows what'll happen, but we're being led to believe she's the snark and has been butchering people for a while now. I don't really know that psychotic mass murderers need much of a reason to do their thing........or at least much of a reason anyone would understand. :D

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
ahhhh..........the snark strikes again >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
Yeah. But technically, we still don't know who. It sure looks like Mr. gay assassin bit the biscuit, but the author could still be trolling us.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Hah!! Man I love this, you can never tell what's gonna happen next :D

it's true, no proof positive it's him, I guess we'll see later maybe

Tn7HA0h.png

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
Makes me wonder--so he is/was gay, but he is/was attracted to Snark. Maybe what he really has is a thing for dangerous people and back in Japan among gangsters most of them were guys?

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Yeah, probably the case, didn't he say something along those lines to the little sister? something about sensing they were alike or something along those lines?

Tn7HA0h.png

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
Meanwhile, that girl is so cute playing mahjongg, all flustered when he touches her tile, like "Aaahh, indirect kiss!" or something.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Indeed..........amazing a 300 year old witch can seem so adorable :D

Tn7HA0h.png

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon
Elena's "I have to wash my face" scenes were so adorable they were sickening lol

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
O_O

far out, man.......just never know what's gonna happen next in this one.

Tn7HA0h.png

rage bunny

rage bunny

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts
Listing the cases I remember (vaguely, I didn't re-read it)~

1. Three witch (from Rusia? Plus their mother? Plus the white haired maid) who protected the island from Portugal (?) and 'died'
2. Japanese past project on sacred forest
3. ^ Amusement park? Or more?
4. Many ghost still linger around a while after dead... (why the first two criminal can't?) Witch's curse?
5. Yakuza heir. I assume the two assasins on the VIP room come to kill him.
6. Snark's case killing everyone in random. Maybe random. Maybe not. The police and the children gang investigating it.
7. Mines. A lot of mines (which killed Peace, the deceased member of the children gang and the chef's family). I don't know the story of Portugal (?) came to island and meet three witches was when mine/booby trap already developed or not. Maybe the island is part of World War? Or there was a civil war not so long ago?
8. Why there's so much assasins?? Why a lot Japanese criminal gone there?? WHY YOU KILL THE HOMO SNIPER, SNARK?? ;A;
9. The mine in the sacred forest and the resident (forgot his name) that struck by lighting 7 times (I wil not surprise if this has connection to whatever)
10. The man that killed in sacred forest and his head was put at the top of tallest tree...
11. New plant/drug, the seller and the police who secretly watching them.
12. The robots which secretly build (??)/the robots that developed which the stupid one join police investigation of Snark.
13. Formula, which the girl who wrote it already dead.
14. Elephant poison??? There's no news about dead elephant. Yet.
15. The other guests and employee. The couple with panda still mystery. The hotel manager is ex-wrestler. The chef is pervert chef. The manga artist is broke.
16. So the three horned characters come at the day of festival, and when I think they were devil, one died and gone to hell. My logic and imagination refused to work.
17. Festival?
18. ......

Witch / Sacred Forest / Possibility War in the Past / Japanese Ex-Project / Criminals / Non-Earthling Beings with Horn

This is the only comic I can't predict which direction the story will go. Not to mention the twist. Everything is twist. No. I even don't know what the primary plot is. I only can think there is a curse, and conspiracies.

O_O far out, man.......just never know what's gonna happen next in this one.

I think this is the best summary for The Voynich Hotel. Just like the Voynich Manuscript. "The world most mysterious manga~"

:batoto_001:

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Wow. A Robert Johnson / Crossroads reference.......I guess with the Lewis Carroll thing going as well nothing should really surprise me anymore xD

Tn7HA0h.png

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon

Elephant pesticide? from a supermarket? WTF is with all the hilariously misplaced foreshadowing? lol

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Kinda like the hotel manager being a professional wrestler and wearing a mask, just more "comedy of the absurd" I suppose........some of it's hilarious, some of it's just weird :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
Wait wait . . . who's she gonna give that cake to?

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Ahhh, so now we know how the demon got the elephant poison...........I guess it should have been obvious that it was our favorite suicidal/homicidal hotel cook when it was poison

Spoiler

Wait wait . . . who's she gonna give that cake to?

that was the cake that killed the demon like 2 chapters back or so.........chapter 36, page 8 to be exact

Halfway through volume 2 now according to thetsuuyaku

Edited by svines85, 21 March 2013 - 04:43 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

ALAKTORN

ALAKTORN

Fingerling Potato

• Chocolat Vanilla
  • 71 posts

Wait a second, so this chapter was kind of a flashback? Where are the signs of it? O_o

Edit: is Snark having a small chest supposed to be a sign?

Edited by ALAKTORN, 21 March 2013 - 04:13 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

yeah, you've got it right i think, the last three chapters or so have been kind of "forward and backward" like.........I kinda figured it out myself when big sis/snark handed the demon at the crossroads the box of cake in (i think) chp 37. We'd seen her share it with the other demon in the doughnut shop the chapter before (36). But yeah, I wasn't positive that was what was going on till the last chapter and the elephant poison bit. 

Tn7HA0h.png

vaendryl

vaendryl

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 13 posts

I love this series. I love the author. I love the blonde maid who's dead inside.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Wonder what Elena has planned for him? Other than the obvious that is...........and I wonder if the hit-chicks are gonna have any luck with him now that they've finally found him. 

Tn7HA0h.png