Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Is it really a sequel?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

komic

komic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
Like the title said is it really a sequel? Sure some of the Yankee-Kun character are in it but it's more like Cameo appearance. If anything it's it own story?

Edited by komic, 23 February 2012 - 09:34 PM.

JV.

JV.

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 3 posts
If by sequel you mean a continuation of the story of Yankee-kun, then no.

Catbug

Catbug

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationBear Island, the seat of House Mormont.
Of course this is a sequel, Shinigawa is there and Yankee-kun and Megane-chan ended weeks ago, the scanlators just haven't caught up
"ā€ŽI don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed. But those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices. No matter what the cost."
Posted ImagePosted Image

Xziled

Xziled

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
if anything, this series is just set in the same universe as yankee kun to megane chan. particularly chronologically after the end of the series.

so if anything we may just get cameos of all the other characters, but its still too soon to say anything definite

Daru

Daru

Potato

• Members
  • 145 posts
knowing about the "not so good" ending of YKMC, it would be cool to get something like a "closure" to the thing with hana and shinagawa.... in a "background-story" kind of way. (but of course I really think thats just the fangirl (though I am not really a girl) in me speaking... well I'll keep on hoping... secretly... just for myself) ....

Kojiro_S

Kojiro_S

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationLa Cruz, Chile
Maybe rather than sequel, it's either a side story or a spinoff. If the original crew starts appearing more often and having an influence, only then I would call this a sequel.

iRPj8ii.gif
Let's kick some shell

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
on MU there is nothing written about it being a sequel or anything like that, so I donĀ“t think is has anything to do with yankee kun to megane chan.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

Of course this is a sequel, Shinigawa is there and Yankee-kun and Megane-chan ended weeks ago, the scanlators just haven't caught up

um excuse me, the series ended may 2011. -.- inaccurate information.
If that was Shinagawa in those few panels, I'm assuming it was just used for comical reference.
The fact that characters from To-Love Ru appeared in Mayoi Neko Overrun doesn't mean that it suggests a sequel.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
less than 52 weeks, it works. *shrugs*
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

Rimi~to

Rimi~to

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEverywhere! ~ I will Take Over the World with MOE!!!
hmmm i'm hoping there is a mini side story for Shinagawa, and his pals so we see 2 stories at the same time.
but how'd magic/ the mysterious get into the modern universe for "Yankee-kun to Megane-chan" (hope you know what i mean). it feels weird that something foreign gets injected into the normal when it was normal for a really long time >< (still hope you guys get what i mean :unsure: )

raisane

raisane

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

hmmm i'm hoping there is a mini side story for Shinagawa, and his pals so we see 2 stories at the same time.
but how'd magic/ the mysterious get into the modern universe for "Yankee-kun to Megane-chan" (hope you know what i mean). it feels weird that something foreign gets injected into the normal when it was normal for a really long time >< (still hope you guys get what i mean :unsure: )

that is the reason that this isn't a direct sequel, relationships from yankee to megane-chan at the end aren't the same as the start of this series.

Tipsynaruto

Tipsynaruto

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

that is the reason that this isn't a direct sequel, relationships from yankee to megane-chan at the end aren't the same as the start of this series.

It got in when Natsu and the gang decided to visit Hana and her gang XD

But yea, seems more like its set in the same universe further down the timeline. Shinagawa doesnt look too old so id say not too far down

HammerU89

HammerU89

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts
I'd go with she's just giving some of the Yankee-kun characters cameo roles here to try and save face on how bad she fubar'ed it. Let's hope lightning doesn't strike twice with this one. Yankee-kun was a great manga to start out with, but was a disappointment at the end...

Edited by HammerU89, 22 March 2012 - 12:28 PM.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
you know guys, everytime you talk about the ending of yankee-kun, I start thinking if I should just not continue reading it, I havenĀ“t heard anyone saying, that the ending is good.

Edited by hero, 22 March 2012 - 02:46 PM.

HammerU89

HammerU89

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts
Well if you want to be spoiled I'm sure I or someone else can fill you in on the gritty details in a PM. There's about 45 chapters left to go IIRC...

Edited by HammerU89, 22 March 2012 - 07:11 PM.

Irecinius

Irecinius

Potato

• Members
  • 185 posts
Yea its a sequel.

Just like Naruto is a sequel to DBZ..

You got Goku and stuff, gigant animals.. right?

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

Yea its a sequel.

Just like Naruto is a sequel to DBZ..

You got Goku and stuff, gigant animals.. right?

yea the whole son goku being one of the tailed beasts is so obviously taken out of context.... just like in this series one characters happens to look exactly like Shinagawa.

I wish the author would be more creative. -o-

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Banana Bread

Banana Bread

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 36 posts
So to end this topic.... NO THIS IS NOT A SEQUEL... I hope that clears things up.

@hero
I'd still read YanMega and judge for myself, I was one of the few who didn't mind the ending of Usagi Drop, I read what people were griping about but liked the ending just the same. I'd read YanMega and based on the spoilers out there, I think some people are just being melodramatic.

Edited by Llewoj, 07 April 2012 - 10:22 AM.

Posted Image

Look at Gunter dance or you can click this ---> http://www.batoto.net/group/_/j/jshoujo-scans-r324

Aven

Aven

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
I think this is not a sequel nor a spin-off. It's just set in the same universe OR the author just want to put cameos of characters from her previous series. It often happens and not really out of the ordinary.

ChaosSanc

ChaosSanc

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationOn the Horizon
This is not a sequel the story is completely different and the world as well the only thing similar is how the character looks so no this is not a sequel
For Light there must be Dark so what does Dark do to have Light?

Posted Image